Austria Rework Discussion

parasaurolophus67

Re: Austria Rework Discussion

#301 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 02 May 2022 20:55

@Aziz Well rn in ets2 no. I guess in the beta of it in Austria you can. But American truck simulator you can get fined on certain roads. Been like that for a couple years already.
theisbman

#302 Post by theisbman » 19 May 2022 15:27

So far, in the game, I have noticed some runaway truck ramps. There are three of them together along the mountain road from Munich into Innsbruck. I remember there is another one that occurs along a highway, just after a tunnel, at the border of Austria. I thought it was one of the roads from Italy, but cannot find it anymore. Anyone know where it is?
Trucker Nik

#304 Post by Trucker Nik » 24 Jun 2022 20:29

I am currently in Vienna at the moment, and I noticed that the Austrian police use Volkswagen Multivan police vehicles, we could get them sometime, today + this weekend there is a festival in Vienna where I've been, a lot of these police cars were there, if there are any The people of Austria or the people who live in Vienna, you know for sure about this festival, the festival is, once a year and every year
fratrac

#305 Post by fratrac » 25 Jun 2022 08:10

krmarci wrote: 31 May 2022 10:11 The city maps of the Austria rework:
It would be really nice to have all the names on the map like this in game :3
physics.scs --> "bristle_stiffness_longitudinal_factor: 5.0" for throttle/brake responsiveness
I overexplain always and only for fear of being unclear
Trucker Nik

#306 Post by Trucker Nik » 25 Jun 2022 15:32

Today I visited Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, SCS mapped this place very nicely, I wanted to go there because it is in the game, and compare the game Schönbrunn with a real counterpart
Evil_Jason

#307 Post by Evil_Jason » 27 Jun 2022 08:36

I find it abit sad, that they have cut in Vienna the direct connection between the A2 and the A23.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
oldmanclippy

#308 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Jul 2022 20:48

I finally took the backroad between Munich and Innsbruck, where the reworked portion starts on B23 northwest of Ettal and crosses the border to the 177 road in Austria. It just might be my new favorite road in either game. The mountains are some of the most realistically imposing mountains in all of the Austria rework, the towns are really well done, and the grades, oh boy the grades, they're actually challenging. Try going south on it with air brake simulation turned on. Nuts.

I've explored about 3/4 of Austria, and I can confidently say that it is the best area in either game, bar none. I know there was no feasible way to charge for it, but I almost feel bad for getting it for free. It's insanely high quality and it's in the same echelon as Scandinavia and New Mexico in terms of bringing things to the next level, IMO. Yes, most of what it brings is not new per se, but it's almost like they took the highlights of every other part of the map, and made sure that Austria was made up of *only* highlights. It might not be as revolutionary as Scandinavia or New Mexico, but it takes all the incremental improvements SCS has made since then and bundles it all together in one package.

It's almost like a direct response to some of the biggest map complaints people have:

The mountains aren't imposing enough -> the area around Innsbruck and the Grossglockner road dispel that concern thoroughly
The grades aren't challenging enough -> 177 and Grossglockner might be the steepest most challenging roads yet
Why can't we drive through city centers in the big cities? -> Vienna's city center is accessible and full of detail
Bad balance of motorways vs back roads -> Austria has a perfect balance IMO
etc etc

Austria truly is the gold standard going forward. I really really hope that the Austria rework team had lots of conversations with the Montana, West Balkans, and California rework teams to make sure that they are able to learn the right lessons from Austria. The thought of getting Switzerland in this quality, as well as the upcoming West Balkans, is tantalizing. I can't give enough praise to the Austria team. It's the only region in either game that I simply can't find any criticisms for. It pushes the engine to its limits to get proper elevation changes and mountain backgrounds, it probably has the best urban area in either game in Vienna, it has excellent variety in road type, challenge, and architecture, and the visual quality and attention to detail is through the roof. Excellent job Austria team, now please go spread your wisdom far and wide so the rest of ETS2 and ATS can look as good as this.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
detourist

#309 Post by detourist » 03 Sep 2022 12:19

oldmanclippy wrote: 16 Jul 2022 20:48 It's insanely high quality and it's in the same echelon as Scandinavia and New Mexico in terms of bringing things to the next level, IMO. … It might not be as revolutionary as Scandinavia or New Mexico, but ...
Sorry for briefly going off-topic, but I didn’t notice there was a Scandinavia rework or so. Came to the game later. Hesitated to buy Scandinavia DLC. Should I get it? 🤔
parasaurolophus67

#310 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 03 Sep 2022 12:23

@detourist um... Scandinavia never had a rework. A sign rework it did got but thats it. To the buying part, Its still decent and has some areas still upholding. so you can buy it still

Return to “General discussion about the game”