Austria Rework Discussion

SenseFM

Re: Austria Rework Discussion

#41 Post by SenseFM » 02 Jan 2022 18:16

One interesting question about the Austria Rework - Do you think the revamped area will be exactly contained to the borders of Austria or could some of the roads extend to other countries? The two highways that connect Austria and Italy through Brenner Pass and Tarvisio (A22 and A23) are IMO two of the most scenic motorways in Europe. It would be great if the reworks for the southern connections didn't stop at the border and also affected Italian highways A22 and A23.

Italy currently has a small string from Torino to Venezia that still has base map quality, with the exception of Milano). I think Austrian and future Switzerland and France reworks could be a good opportunity to update the remaining areas of northern Italy.
Trucker Nik

#42 Post by Trucker Nik » 02 Jan 2022 18:59

And I don't like this, at SCS work, when they decide to rework the old parts of the map, they have to do it properly and without having to go back to reworking reworked areas, I hope that ATS will avoid this mistake, in France, Germany there are unreworked pumping station, routes and even vegetation, I reported it as a bug, check out this link
viewtopic.php?t=307166 unfortunately, without any feedback from the developers, I doubt that these parts of the map will ever get reworked, and if so, in the distant future, these are small areas that can be solved in one small patch at a time
xXCARL1992Xx

#43 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Jan 2022 19:08

" they have to do it properly"

then why dont you sit down and rework the old map without getting a single cent for it from people that already own the games/DLCs :roll:

SCS already said they wont rework the whole old content from scratch in DLC level quality but rework it close to it so it is sustainable for them to even do, Germany was the first trial of it, the French cities were all (i think all of them) done by Mandelsoft outside of SCS (he wasnt part of SCS anymore at the time) California did go a step further with quality and Austria is now a complete new test where they redo it from scratch (with some part maybe only receiving polish if they are in good condition)

but SCS never said we will get DLC quality for the rework because it would only be burned money
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#44 Post by Trucker Nik » 02 Jan 2022 20:54

I didn't mean this comment in a bad way, I like what Germany looks like, but I don't understand why they didn't rework 3 gas stations in Germany other gas stations have been redesigned they made all German road bridges except the one I wrote in the link I sent, France is also beautiful I like the cities from the base map, but there are also 4 petrol stations in France that are not reworked (other gas stations have been redesigned) and use the old gas station model (the 3 mentioned in Germany also use the old gas station model) there is also one French highway bridge that is not reworked and others are overworked, I don't understand why
Some newbie driver

#45 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 Jan 2022 14:38

You don't understand it because you (as so many other people) always miss the main reason why they are reworking old maps. It's NOT for the looks of the scenery, it's for the road layout.

Those reworks main goal has always been to replace all the old road prefabs that were plainly absurd. Old map zones are plagued with road prefabs that, if they would exist IRL, they would be a graveyard so ludicrously dangerous they would be. They are the result of things done lots of years ago when SCS don't have the resources, the tools, the time, the money neither the experience they have now. Now they are fixing the bad decisions they had to took many years ago.

And of course, as they had to change lots of things, terrain shape included; then they leverage it to use their current tools, techniques and resources (included 3D models and textures). That's the main reason why we got prettier 3D scenarios in the reworks, as a collateral effect of what they want to do: to create a realistic (enough) road layout replacing old Frankenstein roads. After all, that's a game of driving, not of seeing scenery (it seems sometimes we all forget that). The two most relevant points are proper vehicles to drive on proper road layouts and old map zones lack that last point.

So, if in some places the map is OK enough and they are short in time to do more important things elsewhere; that part of the road or of that city will be left almost as it was; wether we like it or not.

I'm sure that if Austria has been completely rebuilt has been mostly because the close big mountains. Either due the drawing distance artifacts and the fact that to maintain that kind of terrain is a waste of time if you try to fix the roads on it, they had saved efforts nuking almost all if not all and doing it from scratch. Should we see them completely rebuilding zones in Poland, where landscape is more friendly to work with; that would be a truly proof they have significantly changed their mind with the reworks. In the meantime they have stick to their initial intention: proper road layout. The rest is accessory (and more than welcome, but we cannot expect either request it will be always done that way).

Regards
Trucker Nik

#46 Post by Trucker Nik » 03 Jan 2022 17:11

I once photographed these old models and sent them to support scs, and they wrote to me that they would sometimes be reworked in one of the big updates, and when I asked which one, they wrote that the information about the development was shared via social networks, otherwise it was not about public information, it was probably not reworked due to inattention
Trucker Nik

#47 Post by Trucker Nik » 18 Jan 2022 13:31

The list of places that Reskin Austria will bring has escaped we will get a total of 6 new places and Austria will contain a total of 12 places, the video as well as the evidence in it can be taken as 100% true, as these are game files https://youtu.be/oBEUW88J0Tk
RebelModding

#48 Post by RebelModding » 18 Jan 2022 13:36

Maybe the reworked Austria will include viewpoints? As the base map doesn't have any, probably because of the quality, it would be nice to see some in the improved Austria
Aziz

#49 Post by Aziz » 18 Jan 2022 14:06

These look like mileage signs, which were discovered to be added in the future, that doesn't necessarily mean the location will be available for driving. However, it is possible that they will be, as that would increase road density up to DLC levels, which is nice.
AlexxxF1

#50 Post by AlexxxF1 » 18 Jan 2022 14:06

I would like and hope for the appearance of road signs with the distance and numbers indicated on them, as we have now in the ATS.
this creates a more realistic picture of the roads and better immersion. and that's really important
. gradually introduce it into ETS2 in the same way as it was introduced into ATS.

besides, in Europe they are less common than in the USA, in Europe they are on the outskirts of large cities in the direction and distance to the next large city.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 18 Jan 2022 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”