Printable Road Atlas of ATS with all current towns, roads and landmarks - 1.49 - WIP

SenseFM

Re: Printable Road Atlas of ATS with all current towns, roads and landmarks - 1.43 - WIP

#31 Post by SenseFM » 24 Mar 2022 21:10

Thank you, @Bedavd! Your map is an amazing work and includes some information that my map can't, such as the company locations, the blog photos and even the city streets that are featured in the game. For someone like me that likes to compare the in-game locations with their IRL counterparts, your map is very useful and interesting. Hope you keep it up you too lol!
Carfreak200

Re: Printable Road Atlas of ATS with all current towns, roads and landmarks - 1.43 - WIP

#32 Post by Carfreak200 » 25 Mar 2022 21:19

@SenseFM, this map looks beautiful and will make a great poster once I get my office set up. Question for you. Have you considered making a version that includes the Promods Canada map? The quality of that map feels SCS good which is why I have it. Could be a great addition to a separate version of the map. Keep up the great work!
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
SenseFM

#33 Post by SenseFM » 27 Mar 2022 18:19

@Carfreak200 I'm actually working on Promods versions of the map for both games, but it's still a work in progress.
Carfreak200

#34 Post by Carfreak200 » 27 Mar 2022 20:41

SenseFM wrote: 27 Mar 2022 18:19 @Carfreak200 I'm actually working on Promods versions of the map for both games, but it's still a work in progress.
That's awesome!!
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
interstate trav

#35 Post by interstate trav » 31 Mar 2022 16:10

This is a very nice and thank you for taking the time to make this for everyone.
Quark

#36 Post by Quark » 27 Apr 2022 02:13

@SenseFM Love your maps. Well done :clap::muscle:
Have a couple suggestions regarding mountain passes.
1. I have noticed that Willow Creek pass in Idaho is missing on your map. On Us-93, between Challis and Mackay, pretty much halfway between your green marked Grand View canyon and Mackay reservoir lies the summit. Underneath is a link to google maps streetview of the summit + a (somewhat older) photo of the same location ingame.
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.2316623 ... authuser=0
[ external image ]

If you already had considered it before but scrapped it because, as you say in one of your points on page 1, of no significant elevation changes then i would really like to encourage you to reconsider. Because i think the elevation change is (albeit not nearly as significant in steepness and length like for example Galena pass on ID-75 west of Willow creek of course) is still quite notable at least coming from the north. Here another photo i've made some time ago there showing part of the northern side of the pass (perspective is not the most favorable though).
[ external image ]

2. Berthoud Pass is missing. On US-40 in Colorado between Steamboat Springs and I-70 west of Denver, just south of Winter Park, you've marked the mountain pass with an "x" but the name is missing. Not sure why its missing but just for the case.
SenseFM

#37 Post by SenseFM » 28 Apr 2022 14:28

@Quark Thank you for your comment! Given that Willow Creek Pass seems to be significant enough, I will add it in the map's next version, which will be posted after the official release of version 1.44. Berthoud Pass only shows its elevation and not its name to avoid saturating the map with too many names in denser areas. You can see that Snoqualmie Pass and Monarch Pass are not labeled, too. I could try to have those passes labeled though if people like them better that way.
rbsanford

#38 Post by rbsanford » 28 Apr 2022 16:31

Also, the passes of Wyoming are missing. Sherman Summit, Togwotee Pass, and Granite Pass should be marked. Sherman especially, since it's the highest point of I-80.

I guess South Pass could work too, even though there's not much of a summit there in the game, and it's not acknowledged. It's pretty historically significant, though.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
SenseFM

#39 Post by SenseFM » 30 Apr 2022 20:36

Thank you for your comment, @rbsanford , I'll have to check those passes again. I also see now that Salt River Pass has a symbol in the map but it hasn't got a label for its name nor its elevation, so it's another thing to correct.
Lolsmurf

#40 Post by Lolsmurf » 01 May 2022 18:20

Hello SenseFM, just passing by to say thank you for making this. This has been on my request list for a long time and seeing someone make it with such level of detail and love is amazing.

I wish scs would have a game map like this, as it contains crucial information for gamers that drive without GPS. This is the first map I see that shows the multilane highways/freeways in a different view allowing gamers to chose their route based on these.

Keep it up man!

Return to “General discussion about the game”