Printable Road Atlas of ATS with all current towns, roads and landmarks - 1.49 - WIP

PakmannBR

Re: Printable Road Atlas of ATS with all current towns, roads and landmarks - 1.45 - WIP

#61 Post by PakmannBR » 16 Sep 2022 18:49

Thank you for the Montana update, enjoying your map more and more.
Knightrider

Re: Printable Road Atlas of ATS with all current towns, roads and landmarks - 1.45 - WIP

#62 Post by Knightrider » 16 Sep 2022 19:14

@SenseFM you're amazing Sir. thank you
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
bagnome

#63 Post by bagnome » 20 Nov 2022 14:22

Awesome map! Will be particularly useful while traveling without GPS. The only thing I think it is missing are exit numbers on the interstate highways. Though, finding all the exits might be more work than it's worth. Especially since I can just take note of the highway I'm supposed to be turning onto. I think all the exit numbers in the game correspond with their real-life counterparts, so I'll just have to open Google Maps and write them down. But still an awesome map!
nautofon

#64 Post by nautofon » 20 Nov 2022 15:01

Most exit numbers are the same as IRL, but not all of them. The map scale might make it difficult or impossible to add them here.

The best source of exit numbers in ATS might be the wiki, e.g. Interstate 5#Exit list.
Seifer1968

#65 Post by Seifer1968 » 20 Nov 2022 15:16

The best thing is, if you want to play without using GPS, create a travel book and mark all the deliveries, with the respective driving directions. As if it were working in the early 80's!! :)
I write in very bad English ... Sorry!
nautofon

#66 Post by nautofon » 20 Nov 2022 15:50

^ I know what you mean. :) The thing is, we have tried such an effort before, but we never reached a point where we managed to add directions faster than SCS adds new locations to the game. We've recently started working on a slightly different approach, one that's more efficient and therefore has a higher chance of completing eventually.
See Twin Falls#Locations for an example, and Project:City location descriptions for further info. You're welcome to participate!
      ↳ replaced with the Company/Facility Directory (C/FD), a printable PDF document

If you have collected any directions offline, you're also welcome to share them with others—ideally in a way that allows adding them to the wiki. While we've stopped maintaining the driving directions project, I do expect the existing content to remain useful to players.
Last edited by nautofon on 25 Feb 2023 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Seifer1968

#67 Post by Seifer1968 » 20 Nov 2022 16:06

Thanks, but I'm just an old truck driver... Driving directions are the basic ones. Then I look around and look for road signs.
:)
I write in very bad English ... Sorry!
Trakaplex

#68 Post by Trakaplex » 22 Nov 2022 18:00

@SenseFM do you have Texas yet? It's really going to be tough exploring the whole Texas map, so I can see.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
SenseFM

#69 Post by SenseFM » 22 Nov 2022 19:52

@bagnome I do keep track of the exit numbers of the Interstates in the notes I write for the map, since they can be useful references to find some IRL landmarks quicker. But as @nautofon said, there is not enough space for featuring them all at the current scale, especially when exits are concentrated around cities. I still could add some of them in a similar way to the Rand McNally road atlases, but I'm not sure about that for now.

One thing I'm also doubting to add in next version are the photo trophies, since some of the cities are pretty cluttered with symbols and names. Maybe one option could be to add them unlabeled unlike the other symbols.

@Trakaplex Yes, I'm already working on Texas! It's so big that for the first time I will have to change the center of the map's projection. I'll try to update it as soon as possible, but it may take some time.
Evil_Jason

#70 Post by Evil_Jason » 25 Nov 2022 14:46

WOW!!
THose maps alre really well made.
Amazing quality.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.

Return to “General discussion about the game”