Family Tradition: Howland Haulage VTC log

Twisted1013

Re: Family Tradition: Howland Haulage VTC log

#11 Post by Twisted1013 » 04 Jan 2022 19:32

New year new trailer. Decided a B-Double flatbed would be a good bet and first run of 2022 was pressure tanks from Elko to Winnemucca.

[ external image ]

From Winnemucca took some hay over to Medford Oregon. Stopped at a little Texaco truckstop to get some rest.

[ external image ]

After I dropped them at Medford took a gamble and dead-headed up to Seattle for a long run to Salinas Utah with fertilizer. The pay for the load was worth it.

[ external image ]
Twisted1013

#12 Post by Twisted1013 » 06 Jan 2022 10:04

Shamelessly showing off time. Decided to go to a 24 hour truck wash but since Murphy’s law is my best friend as soon as I got out the bay it decided to pour.

[ external image ]

Daylight brought out the towels and polish and decided re-wash it as well. A little closeup of the signage work.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Probably the back of the cab is my favorite part next to seeing my last name on the side.

[ external image ]

Now back to turning the wheels and earning that green.
Twisted1013

#13 Post by Twisted1013 » 09 Jan 2022 11:57

Got a call from the boss man Pop, telling me to get down to Albuquerque airport asap. Wound up just bobtailing down and when I got to the airport I saw what he sent over. Instead of dealing with delays in shipping in a container dad just decided to get a giant antonov to send me a set of b-double tippers straight from the land of Oz.

[ external image ]

He said it’s my job to deal with the DOT so there’s that.

Took them back up to the farm in Payette and got a load of grain to go all the way down to Oxnard California. 95K lbs was real test on the old girl but she handled it really well.

[ external image ]
Twisted1013

#14 Post by Twisted1013 » 13 Jan 2022 07:23

Took some time off the FLB and finished delivering the last Christmas gifts using the Penske rental Cascadia. It left such a good impression on me that I knew it was the new truck to get to expand Howland Haulage in the states. After doing some deliveries for the government for a nice chunk of change (and signing a NDA) I took the money along with a loan from the bank and got to expanding. Bought a third garage over in Eugene Oregon and got a close out deal on some 2019 Cascadia’s. No plain Jane aero plastic nonsense here I decked them out with a nice amount of chrome and with a 550HP DD15 Detroit under the hood plenty of power for the loads.

HH002 with the classic Freightliner slotted wheels

[ external image ]

HH003 with the directionals

[ external image ]

And I decided to get a day cab to keep the farm up in Payette busy

HH004

[ external image ]

Now did I get a Cascadia of my own? Why yes and next post will be all about it.
Twisted1013

#15 Post by Twisted1013 » 16 Jan 2022 09:06

So when it came time to get my own Cascadia I wanted something a little more…rad. So out came some pastel and palm tree and sun and a little bit of synthwave and voila

[ external image ]

I had to throw the old directionals on and then I thought about it and it need to have something to match. So a lot more money burned away and now I have a matching 48’ reefer.

[ external image ]

But out in the sun can’t say that the combo doesn’t look good!

[ external image ]
Twisted1013

#16 Post by Twisted1013 » 17 Jan 2022 06:54

[ external image ]

Logging in the Oregon winter. It’s an experience.
Twisted1013

#17 Post by Twisted1013 » 21 Jan 2022 15:21

[ external image ]

Hauling jet engines to Salt Lake City.

Big changes coming to Howland Haulage fleet!

Side note, how does one go about making your VTC?
Twisted1013

#18 Post by Twisted1013 » 23 Jan 2022 22:16

Since Freightliner and Western Star are under the same global brand I decided to take a chance a buy a 49X for the logging and heavy hauling areas of my company. 6x4 SFA with the 600hp Detroit and dressed up in the red color of my fleet.

[ external image ]

As for me right now I’m doing a long distance run from Coeur d’Alene Idaho down to Artesia New Mexico delivering this boat for some wealthy old guy who’s paying me a nice sum if I bring it down fast and in one piece.

[ external image ]

Decided to use my newly redone Cascadia. Color is a hint to new parts of my fleet

Return to “Game”