[v1.2.2] Krone Box Liner eLTU5 Plus Rework - 45ft chassis, ownable containers and more! [1.42] - [1.47]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Borgrim

Re: [v1.1.0] Krone Box Liner eLTU5 Plus Rework - 45ft chassis, ownable containers and more! [1.42, 1.43]

#101 Post by Borgrim » 11 Dec 2022 19:34

So I tried this Mod for the first time, and everything seems to work fine.
The VAK B-Double looks awesome.
Compatibility with Arnooks Container Pack is really great !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

So, pro's and con's ...

+ Looks great !
+ Drives ok, as long as you're going in a straight line ...
+ Big plus is the compatibility with Arnook's COntainers

- NO STEERING AXLES !
- Loose those big supersingles, they're no good (can just buy 'normal' wheels and tyres on ordering)
- Could use more options , and slots.

If only you could add some more options, like more slots for lights and painted/chromed boxes, siderails, bumpers, more markers, mudflaps.
Anything really.
People like to customize their trailers.
And if you could make some of those axles steerable, 2 or 4 I guess, this would be gold, really !
This B-Double doesn't "follow" that well in corners, like the D-Tec CombiTrailer.
Please consider an update, with steerable axes.

Thank you, very nice Mod !

Extra pics: D-Tec CombiTrailer B-Double, with 5 (!) steerable (and liftable) axes.
(too bad it looks so crap, and cargo doesn't show on it, plus, no options whatsoever, besides some standard containers, just for the looks...)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
LoaderSaints

Re: [v1.1.0] Krone Box Liner eLTU5 Plus Rework - 45ft chassis, ownable containers and more! [1.42, 1.43]

#102 Post by LoaderSaints » 12 Dec 2022 10:03

@Borgrim Nordic B-doubles only have one steering axle, if any at all, that's always on the link trailer, in real life. Additionally, the VAK V-slider comes with 445/45R19.5" tyres from the factory.
Borgrim

#104 Post by Borgrim » 12 Dec 2022 21:21

So B-Doubles are restricted outside Scandinavia, Holland, Germany and Spain, right ?

Was hoping the addons by Kast for his VAK trailers, and for VAK/Krone would do the trick, so I can go to other countries as well, but alas, no luck.
Can't get it to work, tried other Mod's for B-Doubles everywhere, as well, but no, nothing seems to work.
What am I doing wrong ?
Or is it just not possible ?
Anyone who can use a B-Double on the Cargo Market all over the map ?
Which MOD do you use ? And loadorder ?

Thanks !

(and yes, I know it's restricted IRL)

btw, seems the D-TEC Combi is not restricted, as if it is treated like a normal trailer
Borgrim

#105 Post by Borgrim » 13 Dec 2022 10:17

Ha ! Finally got it to work properly.
After trying a 100x ...
It's all about the loadorder.
Now have a VAK-Slider B-Double based in Antwerp.
And the cargo-market is now open, can go anywhere now.
This is great. Really cool.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Smaen

#106 Post by Smaen » 13 Dec 2022 12:26

@Borgrim
The real Krone Box Liner does not have any steer axles, and the VAK V-Slider has steer on the last axle. My mod is realistic when it comes to this, so this will obviously not be changed.
B-doubles are infamous for not tracking well IRL, so plan accordingly in turns. It is the worst 25.25m combo when it comes to this.

When it comes to country restrictions, this is set by the mod author in the def files for the trailer mod. I have made this as realistic as the game allows, just like the vanilla trailers and most other mods. The "no country restriction mods" are either for specific mods or the vanilla trailers. I may make a addon like this in the future if I update the mod again.

More customisation will likely not happen. Krone trailers tend to be more basic IRL anyway. I think there's already a decent amount of options in this mod.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the mod.
Borgrim

#107 Post by Borgrim » 13 Dec 2022 13:53

@Smaen OK, fair enough.
I understand completely, you want to keep it as original to Real Life as possible.
But yeah, a wee bit of cheating options would be nice, hehe ...

Cheers !
Smaen

#108 Post by Smaen » 13 Dec 2022 19:16

At most I would make a "no country restriction" addon, but unrealistic steering axles will absolutely not happen
Thibault078

#109 Post by Thibault078 » 16 Dec 2022 01:14

@Smaen Hello modder , really like your mod , will be very nice to just replace the SCS Krone one with your if only it was not dependable of an outdated sogard trailer .
Simone98

#110 Post by Simone98 » 16 Dec 2022 17:44

@Smaen Hello, good evening everyone, unfortunately in the trailer shop, I can't find this trailer and consequently I can't buy it..

How can I try to fix? Please?

Thank you all

Return to “Trailers”