WHY IS THE AI SO BAD?

m1keY

Re: WHY IS THE AI SO BAD?

#11 Post by m1keY » 22 Feb 2022 11:54

don't blame the buses....it's the busdrivers...usually are...as in real life 😁
Travismods

#12 Post by Travismods » 23 Feb 2022 15:24

NoNameStudios wrote: 01 Jan 2022 10:51 I constantly get hit by other cars because they drive so bad, and I get FINED! This needs to be fixed because it's too annoying!!!
Give it a rest. This horse has been beaten for almost a decade now. SCS do not care about the poor AI.
dsf.fernando

#13 Post by dsf.fernando » 13 Mar 2022 04:43

I see no problems with the AI and think it reacts exactly to what the human drivers do IRL
(obviously my opinion on this topic should not be considered due to confirmation bias)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Underscore_101_

#14 Post by Underscore_101_ » 13 Mar 2022 08:56

It's not bad or terrible, but it's also not perfect, though not all issues are AI coding, for example the other day in ATS I was driving on the
highway and at a point where an on-ramp connected all the cars on the main highway decided to slow down for no reason, there were no
cars coming up the on-ramp or any cars trying to merge.
That seems to me it's a bug in the road layout where the AI thinks there's a speed change, but there wasn't, at least not according to the info I was given.
Same day at a weigh station, cars were just standing still on the exit to the weigh station even though they had all the space to move forward.

I'm not playing vanilla so I can't do bug reports on them, but I also don't use traffic mods, other than my own traffic density mod, but that
only makes certain vehicles spawn less.

Also same day an AI car in front of me needed to go left on a hook-turn like 310 degrees, or more, like I needed, it just wouldn't move more
than a foot, lights go red, it waited, lights go green again, another foot.
Of course it didn't dare crossing the upcoming traffic from the other side, forcing me to go around it, against the traffic and through a red light.

From a personal pov, the Ai seem less annoying in ETS2 than ATS.
Maarten

#15 Post by Maarten » 22 Mar 2022 19:55

AI is bad, no question. In Spain, a lot of trucks don't obey stop signs at roundabouts and just drive through when you're on the roundabout. A common thing for cars and trucks when they enter the highway is that they change to the left lane unnecessarily and after a short while go back again. It happens too that I'm in the left lane overtaking and a car from the right lane goes to the left lane giving me no time to brake.
brotrechner

#16 Post by brotrechner » 08 Apr 2022 16:14

My #1 problem with the AI is that, when you pull out of (eg.) a company lot and onto a road, and an oncoming car slows to a stop to let you out/avoid a collision, they don't stop with enough room to let you keep pulling out - they will stop right in front of the nose of your truck, making it impossible to pull out any further. And then they refuse to move. The only solution is then to restart the game to reset the traffic.

Besides that, the AI can be annoying but I basically never have collisions as long as I'm driving carefully, in a style that emulates real life. The only places I still sometimes have collisions is lane merges, but these can generally be avoided if you let the AI drive in front of you.
please remember to be nice to your fellow internet users (✿ =‿‿=)
wato

#17 Post by wato » 08 Apr 2022 16:21

That's so true. If you wait long enough, switch of the indicator, or back up a bit, the AI will start moving again, but it's a bit frustrating.
Truckedoutnoob

#18 Post by Truckedoutnoob » 10 May 2022 05:51

Flequi wrote: 21 Feb 2022 16:27 I don't know if they "drive bad", but they sure do weird things.

-Trucks enter the main highway completely ignoring traffic on that lane;
-Quite often you encounter a vehicle stopped right there, in the middle of the road; no, they're not waiting anything, they just keep sitting there... and the problem is sometimes you LITERALLY have no room to go on, cause other vehicles are now behind you;
-Watch the roundabouts: whether someone will ram you or not seems to be random.
Roundabouts are a pain sometimes i feel like I'm too close to the middle and they ai don't detect that I'm in it cause they'll just send it right in front of my truck without even thinking about yielding
roggek

#19 Post by roggek » 22 May 2022 17:55

The A! isn't bad, if you use your indicators correctly... :?
The past four days I have done the "Test Drive limited" with all around 1000 km cargo runs, and so far, i haven't been rammed or crashed in some AI yet.
Most AI issues depends on mods in one or another way.
And according to roundabouts, stay in the righthand lane all the time!
plykkegaard

#20 Post by plykkegaard » 22 May 2022 18:00

roggek wrote: 22 May 2022 17:55 And according to roundabouts, stay in the righthand lane all the time!
Just take it all and you're good to go :D

Yeah right most lane is good
IRL most HGV drivers around here does it

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”