[REL][WIP] Project USA 1980's - Real 1980's billboards and textures

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Jaythegreat

Re: [WIP] Project USA 1980's - Real 1980's billboards and advertisement

#41 Post by Jaythegreat » 21 Jun 2022 22:04

@kostraelpayaso
Just a quick update, found a pretty good quality image of a Ames department store trailer, if you want to try to remake it
Here's the link: https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=62D68999
kostraelpayaso

#42 Post by kostraelpayaso » 22 Jun 2022 11:24

Sorry to hear that about your brother, man, it's normal to be affected by such occurrences in other aspects of life, hope it gets better for both of you.

Also, those all are great suggestions, I am not American so it helps to known the companies that maybe are less known from the perspective of an outsider. Radio Shack had previously caught my eye, probably due to its funky logo and the old stores, but now I see that it could be used for more than a simple shop texture and instead be a candidat to replace Charged, as seems that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTn_77 ... had semis and big stores ("computer centres") too.

To be honest I didn't consider reskining the trailers to be in the top of my priority list but seeing the billboards changed but the modern looking trailers in traffic and parked around wasn't helping with the immersion. And seeing it's not hard to do it, by only doing the bare minimun which is simply reskinning the basic scs trailers would add more cohesion to the mod.

With the companies there would be two options, either replacing them with real ones or changing the style of the current ones to fit the era better. I'd normally prefer the first one, since I am not too imaginative, but at some point the 3d models should be addressed -which implies that I'd finally had to force my ass to learn some modeling skills, which also relates to the amount of free time I have and how much of it I want to spend in stuff related to modding, as it takes a lot of time- and also, there need to be a real era-fitting replacement for those companies. That, or the easy way: a mix of both options.

Learning to do stuff with models would also help dealing with those pesky new fast food prefabs. They have a too modern looking design, which I think will be hard to disimulate by a simple reskin. And finding the way to replace the parked vehicles could be interesting too at some point.
kostraelpayaso

#43 Post by kostraelpayaso » 22 Jun 2022 11:32

Oh, on a separate note, I am trying to finish editing the traffic_storage files so no modern vehicles spawn. I want to release the modded files alongside the main mod, so people can use it with the traffic packs mentioned before in the thread. I have mostly succeed with other vehicles, thanks to the help I got earlier in this thread (appreciated), but for some reason the International LT keeps spawning. I'll see if I can think of something when I get home from work... I really suck at modding this game lol.
Jaythegreat

#44 Post by Jaythegreat » 22 Jun 2022 16:29

@kostraelpayaso
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.
As for the trailers, my idea was to do what Sisl did, and make a skinpack that replaces the vanilla trailer skins with real ones, but instead of modern companies, we do companies that were around in the 80s or even early 90s possibly. There are images of trailer skins out there, so we could do skins for Bradlees and Caldor witch are 2 more American discount department stores that were big during the 80s as well as Venture another discount department store. There are many discount department stores, witch would work well with this pack, and I hope you can try to add as many as the game can handle or you can handle.
kostraelpayaso

#45 Post by kostraelpayaso » 30 Jun 2022 16:45

I finaly managed to make the traffic fix remove the International truck so everything should be ready for release.

I am having an issue packing the mod, for some reason the mod preview does not show up ingame, even though it seem to be properly tied in the manifest.sii file with the same name and format. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Jaythegreat

#46 Post by Jaythegreat » 30 Jun 2022 17:55

@kostraelpayaso
Just in time too, Grimmes also finished updating his Frosty Winter Weather mod.
Once the mod is availble, I am going to immediatly download it, and show off yours and the winter weather one together, to finally give the 1988 Christmas season vibe I have been longing for.
kostraelpayaso

Re: [REL][WIP] Project USA 1980's - Real 1980's billboards and textures

#47 Post by kostraelpayaso » 07 Jul 2022 19:51

Project USA 1980's version 1.0 released.

- Billboard textures changed for base game and every state DLC up to Wyoming.
- Jd motel changed to Ramada Inn.
- Truck shop signs changed.
- Greyhound textures for MCI coach.
- Old UPS and Federal Express textures for generic delivery van.
- New textures for security guard and other pedestrians.

Download

No Modern Traffic 1.0 also released, a fix to prevent modern ai vehicles from spawning, ideal to use with other classic ai traffic packs.

- Disables most of modern AI vehicles.
- Mack RD still ingame.
- Police vehicles still ingame until replacement available (for gameplay purposes).
- Known issues: Ford box truck still spawns.

Download

Let me know any issues. Hope you guys enjoy it.
The Dude

#48 Post by The Dude » 07 Jul 2022 22:57

Appreciate it and thank you.
Last edited by The Dude on 08 Jul 2022 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
Jaythegreat

#49 Post by Jaythegreat » 08 Jul 2022 17:26

kostraelpayaso wrote: 07 Jul 2022 19:51 Project USA 1980's version 1.0 released.

- Billboard textures changed for base game and every state DLC up to Wyoming.
- Jd motel changed to Ramada Inn.
- Truck shop signs changed.
- Greyhound textures for MCI coach.
- Old UPS and Federal Express textures for generic delivery van.
- New textures for security guard and other pedestrians.

Download

No Modern Traffic 1.0 also released, a fix to prevent modern ai vehicles from spawning, ideal to use with other classic ai traffic packs.

- Disables most of modern AI vehicles.
- Mack RD still ingame.
- Police vehicles still ingame until replacement available (for gameplay purposes).
- Known issues: Ford box truck still spawns.

Download

Let me know any issues. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Hey it's Jay, love this mod a lot, except there is one minor issue, that isn't a problem, just something that is happening.
When you use No Modern Traffic, no modern cars spawn, but the truck AI (Peterbilt 579, Kenworth T680, International LT etc) still spawns.
I forgot to mention, that there isn't anyway to get rid of truck ai, even if removed in the file, it'll regenerate when put back into the game, no matter what.
However, the cars aspect still works, so at least I can just use Jazzycat's AI pack and not worry about a weird looking unbranded car mixed with my modded AI.
Also, was testing with Coast 2 Coast and I can confirm, it works, and makes it feel like you're on a 1980s road trip with the cars and the billboards everywhere.
Milan1NL

#50 Post by Milan1NL » 08 Jul 2022 18:14

Good mod! Thanks for making it. Can you maybe make a version with all the 2 mods in ''1'' mod? Or is that not possible?

Kind regards :)
***My English is not very good with spelling or something like that***
[ external image ]
ETS2 gamer since the first day when it comes out!
My Screenshot topic | My World Of Trucks
[ external image ]

Return to “Others”