[REL][WIP] Project USA 1980's - Real 1980's billboards and textures

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
kostraelpayaso

Re: [REL][WIP] Project USA 1980's - Real 1980's billboards and textures

#51 Post by kostraelpayaso » 08 Jul 2022 20:22

The Dude wrote: 07 Jul 2022 22:57 Appreciate it and thank you.
Hi, I saw your previous message but I couldn't reply earlier, if you don't mind if I ask and if you have tried the mod, have you got any issues with other mods?
Jaythegreat wrote: 08 Jul 2022 17:26 Hey it's Jay, love this mod a lot, except there is one minor issue, that isn't a problem, just something that is happening.
When you use No Modern Traffic, no modern cars spawn, but the truck AI (Peterbilt 579, Kenworth T680, International LT etc) still spawns.
I forgot to mention, that there isn't anyway to get rid of truck ai, even if removed in the file, it'll regenerate when put back into the game, no matter what.
However, the cars aspect still works, so at least I can just use Jazzycat's AI pack and not worry about a weird looking unbranded car mixed with my modded AI.
Also, was testing with Coast 2 Coast and I can confirm, it works, and makes it feel like you're on a 1980s road trip with the cars and the billboards everywhere.
Damn, are you using the open beta? I may have an idea why it's not working but it does work fine for me though so it is weird. The only vehicle I wasn't able to disable in my game was the ford box truck.
Milan1NL wrote: 08 Jul 2022 18:14 Good mod! Thanks for making it. Can you maybe make a version with all the 2 mods in ''1'' mod? Or is that not possible?

Kind regards :)
Glad you are enjoying it, man. Sure, I could upload another version with everything included. Have you got any issues with modern trucks spawning like @Jaythegreat?
Jaytheboss

#52 Post by Jaytheboss » 09 Jul 2022 01:02

kostraelpayaso wrote: 08 Jul 2022 20:22
The Dude wrote: 07 Jul 2022 22:57 Appreciate it and thank you.
Hi, I saw your previous message but I couldn't reply earlier, if you don't mind if I ask and if you have tried the mod, have you got any issues with other mods?
Jaythegreat wrote: 08 Jul 2022 17:26 Hey it's Jay, love this mod a lot, except there is one minor issue, that isn't a problem, just something that is happening.
When you use No Modern Traffic, no modern cars spawn, but the truck AI (Peterbilt 579, Kenworth T680, International LT etc) still spawns.
I forgot to mention, that there isn't anyway to get rid of truck ai, even if removed in the file, it'll regenerate when put back into the game, no matter what.
However, the cars aspect still works, so at least I can just use Jazzycat's AI pack and not worry about a weird looking unbranded car mixed with my modded AI.
Also, was testing with Coast 2 Coast and I can confirm, it works, and makes it feel like you're on a 1980s road trip with the cars and the billboards everywhere.
Damn, are you using the open beta? I may have an idea why it's not working but it does work fine for me though so it is weird. The only vehicle I wasn't able to disable in my game was the ford box truck.
Milan1NL wrote: 08 Jul 2022 18:14 Good mod! Thanks for making it. Can you maybe make a version with all the 2 mods in ''1'' mod? Or is that not possible?

Kind regards :)
Glad you are enjoying it, man. Sure, I could upload another version with everything included. Have you got any issues with modern trucks spawning like @Jaythegreat?
I am using 1.44
I don't know what might be doing it, but I am using the Trailer Traffic Pack, so that might have something to do with it?
kostraelpayaso

#53 Post by kostraelpayaso » 09 Jul 2022 11:52

Jaytheboss wrote: 09 Jul 2022 01:02 I am using 1.44
I don't know what might be doing it, but I am using the Trailer Traffic Pack, so that might have something to do with it?
Which one are you using? I have tried it with Trafficmaniac's trailer pack and it works for me. Maybe the mod load order?

If anyone else could comment if they experience the same issue it would be useful.
The Dude

#54 Post by The Dude » 09 Jul 2022 13:18

Thanks for replying, yes I did encounter a few issues with jazzycat A.I. mods maybe, not really sure. I was using his classic truck mod and his classic car mod, TrafficManiac and jazzycat are the same person and his bus mod to add more busses, which I didn't like and uninstalled it. Used his Truck Traffic mod too, but didn't like it because it does have modern trucks in it.

I see where you added some modded trailers and they were spawning in traffic a lot, some SCS trailers were spawning like lowboys, flatbeds, etc. , but there seems to be a lot of spawned Greyhound buses and the Chevy cargo vans which were parked everywhere.

Cip's traffic density mod didn't seem like it was effecting the spawn rates, I'm guessing because of your mod and that's no big deal, so I removed it as well.

I think you've got a really good Idea and I don't know what you would recommend for mods to be used with your mods to get the full experience. I'd like to see a police, emergency vehicle add-on, which I know you've mentioned, there are a lot of errors in the console about the F350 and F150, which didn't crash the game by way, other than that I think you've got a winner here, thanks for sharing.

By the way, I didn't see any modern SCS trucks spawning in traffic.
Also I didn't use TrafficManiac's trailer traffic mod because it has modern company logo's that weren't around in 1980 to '89.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
kostraelpayaso

#55 Post by kostraelpayaso » 09 Jul 2022 15:35

The Dude wrote: 09 Jul 2022 13:18 Thanks for replying, yes I did encounter a few issues with jazzycat A.I. mods maybe, not really sure. I was using his classic truck mod and his classic car mod, TrafficManiac and jazzycat are the same person and his bus mod to add more busses, which I didn't like and uninstalled it. Used his Truck Traffic mod too, but didn't like it because it does have modern trucks in it.
I see where you added some modded trailers and they were spawning in traffic a lot, some SCS trailers were spawning like lowboys, flatbeds, etc. , but there seems to be a lot of spawned Greyhound buses and the Chevy cargo vans which were parked everywhere.
Crap I forgot to remove the trailer edits from the 1.0 version, they weren't supposed to be there in the first release, Imma fix it asap. About the ai trailer issues, I think I removed some vanilla trailers too when I was figuring out how to work with the sii files and then forgot to tweak it, I need to check that out. I am considering to remove the traffic mod from download until I got it working properly.
Cip's traffic density mod didn't seem like it was effecting the spawn rates, I'm guessing because of your mod and that's no big deal, so I removed it as well.

I think you've got a really good Idea and I don't know what you would recommend for mods to be used with your mods to get the full experience. I'd like to see a police, emergency vehicle add-on, which I know you've mentioned, there are a lot of errors in the console about the F350 and F150, which didn't crash the game by way, other than that I think you've got a winner here, thanks for sharing.
Were those errors related to the random events? I think I left also the road maintenance Ford truck too but I guess it may interfere when random events happen, either the default game ones or modded events.

I'd recommed using it with Jazzycat's Classic Cars AI Traffic Pack, which I think does a great job in that sense. I use an older version of that mod since the latest updates have only added sport cars and I rather the everyday car aspect of the mod. Then I also recommend to use Classic Truck Traffic Pack. I also use the Peterbilt 362 but I do think it spawns too much in traffic.

Idealy this mod should come with an alternative for cop cars and any ai vehicle that the game uses for gameplay purposes like random events. My biggest handicap in modding is that I never got to learn how to work with modeling programs but I really should try to make it myself. A sort of municipal police car mod like mod but with 1980's emergency vehicles. Throw in an Impala, a Ford LTD and a Diplomat (which there are good models of), also convert an utility chevy silverado or F150 truck and then use the cab for creating a type I ambulance and a road maintenance truck. I kinda hesitated about releasing the no traffic mod since I feel it is sort of half assed, a quick fix from someone how just manages to do a basic solution for those who don't mind to experience some bugs.
By the way, I didn't see any modern SCS trucks spawning in traffic.
Also I didn't use TrafficManiac's trailer traffic mod because it has modern company logo's that weren't around in 1980 to '89.
It's good to know that it does work for you in that aspect.
Jaythegreat

#56 Post by Jaythegreat » 09 Jul 2022 16:27

I don't mind the modern stuff it kind of gives a "modern 80s" vibe to it.
But I'll keep looking into it. Defiantly will let you know if I figure it out.
halbtollekreatur

#57 Post by halbtollekreatur » 09 Jul 2022 20:11

kostraelpayaso wrote: 09 Jul 2022 15:35 Idealy this mod should come with an alternative for cop cars and any ai vehicle that the game uses for gameplay purposes like random events. My biggest handicap in modding is that I never got to learn how to work with modeling programs but I really should try to make it myself. A sort of municipal police car mod like mod but with 1980's emergency vehicles. Throw in an Impala, a Ford LTD and a Diplomat (which there are good models of), also convert an utility chevy silverado or F150 truck and then use the cab for creating a type I ambulance and a road maintenance truck. I kinda hesitated about releasing the no traffic mod since I feel it is sort of half assed, a quick fix from someone how just manages to do a basic solution for those who don't mind to experience some bugs.
I can recommend using the traffic packs for Brazil for ETS2 (JL Truck) or Colombia for ATS. There are many old US vehicles in it and it mostly runs in ATS. They are easy to edit for private use.
EDIT: And you could ask @gabenz88 or @Zenkaiser2021 to add classic cops car to their mods!?
kostraelpayaso

#58 Post by kostraelpayaso » 10 Jul 2022 08:03

I have updated both download links:

- I've removed the trailer textures and the train car container textures, since I forgot to remove them before the release. They will be released when all the trailers are ready.
- Uhaul truck should no longer spawn.
Jaythegreat wrote: 09 Jul 2022 16:27 I don't mind the modern stuff it kind of gives a "modern 80s" vibe to it.
But I'll keep looking into it. Defiantly will let you know if I figure it out.
Damdn, I am not happy with it not working for you. Give my a few days and I will do a small thing to help with your desired christmas vibe.
halbtollekreatur wrote: 09 Jul 2022 20:11 I can recommend using the traffic packs for Brazil for ETS2 (JL Truck) or Colombia for ATS. There are many old US vehicles in it and it mostly runs in ATS. They are easy to edit for private use.
EDIT: And you could ask @gabenz88 or @Zenkaiser2021 to add classic cops car to their mods!?
I understand that working with models takes longer than, for example, reskinning a trailer. I think this is one of those cases where if you don't do it yourself nobody will. Still, Jazzycat has already converted most of which would be necessary for a pack, it would be interested to at least get permission to use them. I'd replace the Dodge Diplomat in his pack with Carface's Dodge Diplomat made for GTA, which is very HQ and he's always cool with people using his models. Speaking of Carface, his Ford LTD LX could be a nice addition as some depts used the downscaled LTD, like Los Angeles Sheriff Detp or Washington State Patrol.
halbtollekreatur

#59 Post by halbtollekreatur » 10 Jul 2022 15:46

Since a lot of mods got permission by Jazzycat I would just ask
Jaythegreat

#60 Post by Jaythegreat » 11 Aug 2022 03:54

Yo, will this be updated for Montana now that it's out?

Return to “Others”