[REL] Aradeth's Volvo VNL670 1.6.5 (1.43 + 1.44)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Digital X

Re: [REL] Aradeth's Volvo VNL670 (1.42, 1.43)

#21 Post by Digital X » 06 Jan 2022 11:32

I did have a few problems with that particular mirror, but once i moved the camera it looked OK. I'll double check it at night and see what reflection material is applied. They were all done in Blender using the same values as on the NG.
Dutch TukTuk

#22 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 07 Jan 2022 11:39

Digital X,

Thanks a lot for the updated Aradeth volvo vnl.
Didn't have time to drive it though.
Have to dived my spare time between ATS and ETS2 :ugeek:

Just out of curiosity i unpacked the scs file. :D :D

Now in the time between aradeth leaving the vnl project and you taking over i maintained the truck myself, changing sii files to sui ones etc. nothing on the graphics, only text edit after reading in the forum(s).
Noticed in your new version that in "def - vehicle" the file structure for addon_hookup folder is outdated.
The three sii files refer to sii files in that folder, i.m.h.o. it should refer to sui files?.

In "addon_hookup - horn_ets2.sii" file are references to pre 1.4x sound files?. (the old *.ogg)?.
If needed i could post the one changed by myself, but i'm not sure if any references in those files to graphics are correct?.

Could you update the changelog.txt file in the mod root to latest changes?.

Thanks.

TukTuk
Digital X

#23 Post by Digital X » 07 Jan 2022 12:40

I've gone through the hood mirrors and compared them to the ATS version in Blender, they did use different reflections but now the ETS2 version uses the sames reflections as the ATS version. No more bright mirrors during the day.

@Dutch TukTuk Yep can do for the next update, I redid the mod and forgot copy over the changelog list I had.

I see what you mean about the .ogg path, not something I've done before as I've never looked into the addon_hookups bit. I'll compare them to the extracted files and adjust them, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I did much prefer the old int and ext way of doing sounds but FMOD does sound better. FMOD is something I really want to try again and get to grips with.
Dutch TukTuk

#24 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 09 Jan 2022 13:42

Hello Digital X,

Yep before FMod came around i also did my (private) share of ogg file edit.

I have attached my folder addon_hookup (zipped), take what you need?.
You have to check if path to graphic files is correct though.
Haven't touched this one for ages.

Tip: check addon_hookup folder in ATS also?, it might have same issue? ?.
ets2.vnl.addon_hookup.changed.zip.txt
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
(remove txt extension to get zipfile, forum refused my zip?.

For my own info, is this volvo vnl besides its own engine file (separate mod) using the default sounds from ets2?.

Thanks.

TukTuk
Alexander Schulze

#25 Post by Alexander Schulze » 31 Jan 2022 11:31

Hello DigitalX,

Thank you for continuing to edit this mod and keep it up to date.
I noticed that the air brake has no sound. Are you still working on it or will you include it in the future?

Best regards, Alexander
Dutch TukTuk

#26 Post by Dutch TukTuk » 05 Feb 2022 22:35

Hello Digital X,

Yesterday (Friday) switched from Volvo fh to Volvo vnl.

Please check icon names for d11 engines in the engines folder, they seems to have an icon name attached that doesn't exist?.
All three D11 engines have this?, this result in this two lines in game.log:
In truck config there is no picture on display for these engines.

00:08:01.795 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/material/ui/accessory/engine_volvo_d11.mat' in the read_only mode.
00:08:01.795 : <ERROR> [material] Can not open '/material/ui/accessory/engine_volvo_d11.mat'

In the mentioned folder there is no item for "engine_volvo_d11"!

Otherwise the truck works great, even the cruiscontrol light in daytime is working!.

Thanks.

TukTuk
Digital X

#27 Post by Digital X » 06 Feb 2022 13:44

I'll adjust those thanks. Regarding the cruise control I pressed C in ATS but I couldn't get it to work, even with "C" being the default key. I dunno what's going on there?

@Alexander Schulze I'll compare it with the ATS version and should be able to get it in.
Raysun1

Re: [REL] Aradeth's Volvo VNL670 (1.43)

#28 Post by Raysun1 » 23 Mar 2022 01:48

got no Problems all work! thank you
Digital X

#29 Post by Digital X » 23 Mar 2022 01:54

You're welcome. I don't plan to add anything to this, but it will be kept up to date with future game versions.
Digital X

#30 Post by Digital X » 06 Apr 2022 16:27

Just a quick update, Dotec has very kindly provided me with instructions how to make window animations, I will be trying this some time soon and hopefully I can get them in and working ( and on the ATS version)

It doesn't look too difficult but it's something I've never attempted before.

Return to “Trucks”