[REL] Magirus-Deutz Transeuropa Megapack V3.2

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ruward

Re: [REL] Magirus-Deutz Transeuropa Megapack V3.1

#71 Post by Ruward » 10 Jan 2022 20:30

I love the truck and trailers, thank you so much!

However, the force feedback on my steeringwheel feels different. Happened with the normal 4x2 chassis and the steeraxle trailer.
The force feedback got even worse when loaded with 17t cargo, it is pulling to the left.

Are there other steeringwheel users experiencing this too?
(My steering wheel is NOT BROKEN, I have tested it on the same profile with a scs truck and trailer)
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
zippe

#72 Post by zippe » 10 Jan 2022 20:55

Yes, I had the same thing with my G27, the 4x2 and a load over 17 tons.
But I thought "oh what the heck, it's an old truck with millions of kilometers, worn steering and misaligned track" ;)
And so I saw it more as a feature than a bug :lol:
So I haven't mentioned it yet because I'm not sure if I want to have it fixed :lol:
Just love this truck, even with small quirks :)
During a tour with the bdf chassis I didn't notice anything of this "feature", the steering is probably still in better condition :)
Alang7

#73 Post by Alang7 » 10 Jan 2022 23:03

truck870 wrote: 10 Jan 2022 19:53
Alang7 wrote: 10 Jan 2022 00:07

In that value you can change the TINT, not the reflection. The eut2.glass material now reacts different. You could change env_factor values and gives less number. Or better way, change the texture_reflection to soft_reflection, or interior_reflection for the interior model.
"Or better way, change the texture_reflection to soft_reflection, or interior_reflection for the interior model."

Ty but how do that ?
Open the material, and change the string: /material/environment/vehicle_reflection.tobj to /material/environment/soft_reflection/soft_reflection.tobj or /material/environment/interior_reflection.tobj
truck870

#74 Post by truck870 » 11 Jan 2022 07:44

Alang7 wrote: 10 Jan 2022 23:03
truck870 wrote: 10 Jan 2022 19:53

"Or better way, change the texture_reflection to soft_reflection, or interior_reflection for the interior model."

Ty but how do that ?
Open the material, and change the string: /material/environment/vehicle_reflection.tobj to /material/environment/soft_reflection/soft_reflection.tobj or /material/environment/interior_reflection.tobj
ty ty ty :D
kilometervreter1971

#75 Post by kilometervreter1971 » 11 Jan 2022 10:17

I really love this truck, and the trailers look awesome, real old skool trucking is just so cool...,
but, i've got a small problem;
When i drive during the night the curtains from my truck and trailer glow up as like they're made of chrome!?!
Anybody else have the same issue, or is it just me?

Greets from Holland, happy trucking folks!
Gewoon Deurdonderen!
The_SimTrucker

#76 Post by The_SimTrucker » 11 Jan 2022 13:03

Ruward wrote: 10 Jan 2022 20:30 I love the truck and trailers, thank you so much!

However, the force feedback on my steeringwheel feels different. Happened with the normal 4x2 chassis and the steeraxle trailer.
The force feedback got even worse when loaded with 17t cargo, it is pulling to the left.

Are there other steeringwheel users experiencing this too?
(My steering wheel is NOT BROKEN, I have tested it on the same profile with a scs truck and trailer)
Yes: this is a direct effect of the rear axle steering of the trailer. If the trailer is modified to not have rear axle steering then my G29 wheel works ok. Long live the physics engine in ETS2. It seems that a rear steer + a high center of gravity has some strange side effects. Because it does not happen with low loaders that have rear steering.
Ruward

#77 Post by Ruward » 11 Jan 2022 13:11

@zippe I'm glad I'm not the only one.
@thesimp Thank you!
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks
Alang7

#78 Post by Alang7 » 11 Jan 2022 22:34

kilometervreter1971 wrote: 11 Jan 2022 10:17 I really love this truck, and the trailers look awesome, real old skool trucking is just so cool...,
but, i've got a small problem;
When i drive during the night the curtains from my truck and trailer glow up as like they're made of chrome!?!
Anybody else have the same issue, or is it just me?

Greets from Holland, happy trucking folks!
Could be possible since now eut2.truckpaint gives reflections by base. Seems like you can't control the reflections anymore with env_factors numbers ( in fact if you expect some automat folders of the base game, on most of trucks the eut2.truckpaint materials no longer have the env_factor string inside). Since 1.40 everything is a mess now... lol
SirDannyL

#79 Post by SirDannyL » 14 Jan 2022 17:32

Question: what causes the bdf reversing light? Lights on, but not when reversing, the reversing lamp has a tiny light. https://pasteboard.co/KWD1EGPT5gNt.jpg https://pasteboard.co/1UF5AOMFDCJd.jpg
Another question: does this want to be a window cleaner on the windscreen? 8-) https://pasteboard.co/QXOYjS5iMAqU.jpg
Translated by Deepl
Micge

#80 Post by Micge » 14 Jan 2022 23:08

I just found out about modding. This was the first mod I deemed worth a download. The truck is amazing. I love it.

Return to “Trucks”