Modding/edit trucks question

draykov

Modding/edit trucks question

#1 Post by draykov » 08 Jan 2022 14:08

Hello guys! Im into those games for long time now and after a pause Im back. Im a few years back with ets2 and some things are not clear to me! I used to edit trucks for ets1 with zmodeler 2, adding some extra parts to the trucks nothing extreme. So, which is the best program to use to edit some trucks and some more parts zmodeler3 or blender? Also is there any tutorial that you would suggest to use? Anything that may help me is more than welcome, thanks in advance!
TeamDeer

Re: Modding/edit trucks question

#2 Post by TeamDeer » 23 Jan 2022 08:49

Hello,

Welcome back to the game. I would say its best to learn Blender since the SCS tools are made for it. You can use other programs to create something such as zmodeler and Maya but you would need to export these items and set them up in Blender anyway. Blender is def. the better option.

As far as tutorials, there is plenty of stuff on Youtube if you are looking in the right place. SCS made something on their wiki that might help you get started - all be it a bit old.
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Tutori ... _accessory

Hope this helps!

-Deer
TruckersMP Addon Manager
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 23 Jan 2022 09:58

@TeamDeer If you use something other than blender, you don't also need to use blender.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
TeamDeer

#4 Post by TeamDeer » 23 Jan 2022 10:04

Hmmm, What about using Maya? You can create a model and add locators in Maya but there doesn't seem to be a way to assign the correct materials and export items from it without using Blender.
TruckersMP Addon Manager
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Jan 2022 10:27

if any other program is used (Maya, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, etc.) you need at least zModeler 3 to convert, better is to use Blender because it has official support, with what you create the model is irrelevant, relevant is only that you finish the work of creating materials and placing locators in Blender with the official Conversion Tools
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Help center - player to player”