REALISM AND MAINTENANCE

HUJDURAGA

REALISM AND MAINTENANCE

#1 Post by HUJDURAGA » 11 Jan 2022 13:42

First of all, hello and greetings to all of you serious players and game lovers!
Let me present you my ideas for SCS software's ETS 2 mega game.
Since the game itself is based on realism, I think these are totally alright with it.

1. Maintenance schedules
-Minor includes: Oil filters, air filters, fuel filters, engine oil, cabin filters, coolant, etc.
-Medium includes: Brake fluid, brake pads, brake discs, batteries.
-Major includes: Timing belts, tensioners, fittings, timing chains(if model has it) micro belts, water pump, etc.

And it should be made based on driven kilometers/miles, examples:
Minor maintenance every 15-20,000km
Medium maintenance every 30-50,000km
Major maintenance every 80-100,000km
This is at lease affordable because how much time it takes to cover 20k kilometers?
And should only affect the current truck you're driving.
The rest of the details would depend on SCS's team to calculate how much liters of oil is required for certain truck engines and to evaluate the prices of other components.

As for the consequences, they should be properly made by making a truck more unreliable and dull when your oil is too old, or your truck have difficulties stopping if your brakes are worn out, or handling if your tires are worn out. And collision damages should be refined to meet realistic requirements, that means if you hit another truck you damage your headlights, bumper, windshield, radiator block, or even your engine which will cause leaks and demand nasty repair.
This will add so much realism and players would care about their trucks more rather than just collecting millions of cash and buying another trucks every 2k kilometers.

And not to forget to mention, everything should be able to be monitored inside your trucks computer, from maintenance schedules to the items you lack or worn out items, meaning if your truck is slower at breaking it means your brakes are worn out and your truck would simply throw a warning light indicating your brakes are about to be replaced.

Think about this, it WOULDN'T cost millions to run a truck, but would make so much difference that it would bring more people to play this awesome game. If I had any knowledge how to access the game in that way and create something like that, I'd do it myself, but since not many of us players has that option, I hope SCS will see and consider doing this for an upcoming updates.
Thank you all and leave your opinions about this realism.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”