Trailers.

LarsUlrich33

Trailers.

#1 Post by LarsUlrich33 » 18 Jan 2022 01:18

Hello, everyone. Hope I didn't miss this elsewhere. I was wondering about trailers that I have bought/will buy. I am wondering, do I need to place trailers at each garage? Or say, there is a flatbed at the L.A. garage, would a driver located in the Redding garage use that trailer? Thank you all in advance for your time. Have a good one.
Underscore_101_

Re: Trailers.

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 18 Jan 2022 14:44

Drivers will only use trailers that are stored at the same garage as they are.

You can of course relocate trailers and/or drivers if needed, however i'm not sure if there's a waiting period before the driver can use a trailer that's just been relocated.
And of course you can't tell the tell the driver to use a specific trailer, or any trailer at all.
Also not sure if they usually take a trailer when there is one available.
VTXcnME

Re: Trailers.

#3 Post by VTXcnME » 20 Jan 2022 17:48

Drivers at the garage the trailer is stored at will be able to use the trailer, there is no promise which they'll pick up on their own, but I've found they usually will defer to a company owned trailer vs a outsourced trailer.

Relocating trailers to other garages, they are immediately available to the drivers at the new garage, provided that driver isn't currently on another job. If they are, it'll have to wait until they've completed their current round trip job. You do not need given spaces for the trailers (like there can only be 3 or 5 trucks at a garage depending on it's size), but anything more than 4 or 5 trailers at each garage, not all of them will be used, so there's an inherent limit to how many trailers you really want to have at any particular garage. Un-utilized or underutilized trailers don't necessarily cost you a lot to just leave sitting, but I try to not have any of my equipment sedentary for no reason.

You are not obligated to buy your own trailers, honestly: I've found the drivers using my company owned trailers tend to come back empty more times than drivers hauling contracted outsourced loads. When that driver gets to destination, there needs to be something there for them to haul back to home. This is less of a problem for box/insulated/reefer trailers as most everything can go into them. If you are hauling flatbeds or more specialized trailers (never considered a flatbed 'specialized' but apparently in game loads do.... *eye roll here* ), there may or may not be a load at your destination that matches the trailer type to haul a load home.

This is where I wish there was more flexibility in AI drivers load picks.... if you were doing a load from say, Albuquerque to Denver. You drop your aircraft engines or turbine nacelle or whatever at your destination. If there wasn't a load going back to Albuquerque that matches your trailers type, I wish the AI would look at surrounding cities, like say Denver to Santa Fe, or Denver to Socorro or something that was along the route home. If that makes sense. Anyway, that's more of a feature request.... so I won't waste my time here.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”