Simple Question: where To reference which .dds that it uses for a UVmap/mask/skin/texture, Where do you look?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Simple Question: where To reference which .dds that it uses for a UVmap/mask/skin/texture, Where do you look?

#11 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jan 2022 23:11

i know i had this problem way back already that it didnt work and now i know again why, you cant do it with metallic paintjobs, for whatever reason

mask + airbrush > OK
mask no airbrush > OK
metallic + airbrush > OK
metallic no airbrush > NO

[ external image ]
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts

Re: Simple Question: where To reference which .dds that it uses for a UVmap/mask/skin/texture, Where do you look?

#12 Post by SqrlNuts » 22 Jan 2022 00:08

I am using a well known paintjob packing software for the templates/folders/files that apparently has not been updated for the new 2020 cascadia parts.. or i wouldn't have had to add them to the sii.

I have the cascadia and the "aero" rain/wind deflectors loaded into blender right now, the designation that you gave me is correct but, i am still useless at understanding how to mask the part separately from the template and why it uses the template mask...

you stated that you can override it.. that is the understanding that i fail to have.

where to learn and locate the list of parts/pieces that are make up each asset.

what i do see in blender is that the "Aero" piece is set to "default."
Is that the reason it points to the cabin mask/uvmap/skin?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I've reverse engineered templates for other assets using a number graph and mapping it out. thats super easy. But i am very rusty/dense when it come to the work flow. I appreciate all the assistance.
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts is SomeNordGuy on Steam, Youtube & World of Trucks
Skinning/Modding Since 1997
SqrlNuts

#13 Post by SqrlNuts » 22 Jan 2022 00:24

This is the Sii for the cab in question:

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr0
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Bumper.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "bumper.aero_pt"
	acc_list[]: "bumper.fog_aero_pt"
	acc_list[]: "bumper.fog_std_pt"
	acc_list[]: "bumper.std_pt"
	acc_list[]: "bumper.aero_pt20"
	acc_list[]: "bumper.fog_a_pt20"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr1
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Cabin Deflectors (Cabin B).tobj"
	acc_list[]: "cabdefl.s72_xt_a"
	acc_list[]: "cabdefl.s72_xt_ax"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr2
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Cabin Deflectors - Aero (Cabin C).tobj"
	acc_list[]: "cabdefl.s48_aero"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr3
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Cabin Deflectors - Aero (Cabin D).tobj"
	acc_list[]: "cabdefl.day_aero"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr4
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Cabin Deflectors - Standard (Cabin D).tobj"
	acc_list[]: "cabdefl.day_std"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr5
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Sideskirts - Aluminium or Chrome Tank.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng200_e"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng200_eal"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng240_e"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng240_eal"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid200_e"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid200_eal"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid220_e"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid220_eal"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.shr120_e"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.shr120_eal"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.shr160_e"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.shr160_eal"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr6
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Sideskirts - Paint.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng200_pt"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng240_pt"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid200_pt"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid220_pt"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.shr160_pt"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr7
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Sideskirts - Aero Painted (Cabin A).tobj"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng200_pt_a"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.lng240_pt_a"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr8
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Sideskirts - Aero Painted (Cabin C).tobj"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid200_pt_a"
	acc_list[]: "sideskirt.mid220_pt_a"
}

simple_paint_job_data: .ovr9
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Sun Visor.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "sunshield.stock"
}
}
I've tried:
acc_list[]: "d_deflector"
acc_list[]: "aero"
acc_list[]: "cor_def"

just trying to fumble my way through it.. i'm either way off or missing something simple.
or its just not on the accessory list.

maybe i need to add it, make it a purchasable option as part of the skin mod to write the work flow that will allow me to mask it?
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts

#14 Post by SqrlNuts » 22 Jan 2022 02:03

Back in blender, trying to split it from the base game and change the material etc...
Got this error after unpacking every archive... using my steam common ATS folder as my base folder.
does this mean that it was never packed with a tobj/texture from the 2020 update and has been defaulting the whole time?
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#15 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Jan 2022 08:52

"paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/Sqrlnuts Ekorrnotter Logistics AB/Freightliner Cascadia/Sideskirts - Aluminium or Chrome Tank.tobj""

get rid of the uppercase letters and spaces, only use lowercase and _ in file paths
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Alarthon

#16 Post by Alarthon » 23 Jan 2022 06:10

That corner piece is acc_list[]: "cor_def.aero"

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr11
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/freightliner_cascadia2019/example/corner_def.tobj"
	flake_uvscale: 10.000000
	flake_vratio: 0.500000
	acc_list[]: "cor_def.aero"
}
You can see an example of it here: viewtopic.php?t=280078

If you want it a solid color just point the mask to a small image (2x2 , 4x4, etc.). Or use the template to paint on it.
SqrlNuts

#17 Post by SqrlNuts » 03 Feb 2022 02:39

Alarthon wrote: 23 Jan 2022 06:10 That corner piece is acc_list[]: "cor_def.aero"

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr11
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/freightliner_cascadia2019/example/corner_def.tobj"
	flake_uvscale: 10.000000
	flake_vratio: 0.500000
	acc_list[]: "cor_def.aero"
}
You can see an example of it here: viewtopic.php?t=280078

If you want it a solid color just point the mask to a small image (2x2 , 4x4, etc.). Or use the template to paint on it.
Thanks, this is the exact answer i was looking for. It would be nice if individual Part Designations for each Vanilla driveable asset were in the SCS wiki.
Not even the folder location/workflow.. just the designation for each individual part that has a mask/uvmap/etc.. Cascadia has less than 30 parts that can be masked/mapped/directed separately to shared uvmaps.

So now the only part I need to figure out is to redefine the mask within another mod, hopefully under my paintjob:

.sii
accessory_addon_data : ijs_paint.freightliner.cascadia2019.grill
the author of that mod pointed the paintable accessory_addon_data to the vanilla masks. by redefining the masks and including his parts in the acc.list this mod i am writing won't have the same issue as the deflectors previously.
[ external image ]
Alarthon

#18 Post by Alarthon » 04 Feb 2022 00:35

So most the time I just extract SCS's files and look at the def files to see what is needed.

For that part I would try acc_list[]: "grill.ijs_paint"

Just copy past the cor_def code, replace the acc_list, change the .ovr number, and just point the mask to whatever you want/need.
SqrlNuts

#19 Post by SqrlNuts » 04 Feb 2022 03:41

Alarthon wrote: 04 Feb 2022 00:35 So most the time I just extract SCS's files and look at the def files to see what is needed.

For that part I would try acc_list[]: "grill.ijs_paint"

Just copy past the cor_def code, replace the acc_list, change the .ovr number, and just point the mask to whatever you want/need.
eureka///! I sent it to the sunshield mask and it worked.

[ external image ]

Now the other day I copy pasta and renamed the tobj & dds in the correct folder but the texture defaulted to a red mask with texture written in black in the center.

Any Idea where i went wrong with that? the DDS should have been the same color, DXT5 etc as the other file that it copied, so why did it go to the red texture file?
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#20 Post by Madkine » 04 Feb 2022 06:12

Red texture/black means you got the link wrong and it was trying to display the default of 'texture not found'.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Help requests”