Bumpy Roads

Would roads with bumps, potholes, and oher imperfections improve your gameplay experience?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 166

Viper28

Re: Bumpy Roads

#11 Post by Viper28 » 10 Mar 2022 02:58

seriousmods wrote: 09 Mar 2022 23:37
HICHAM wrote: 08 Mar 2022 04:52 Those little details that makes the game more unique and enjoyable. New content shouldn't be strictly Map dlcs ..

I've read your suggestions before.. you seem one of the few people who understands how this game should feel like.. .
Thank you! I have a passion for this industry, and a hope to see that passion in digital form someday. I don't believe that I should have to learn to code or start a game developer to enjoy something realistically close to the experience I've briefly tasted as a passenger on a small number of occasions and an observer, even slight participant, in dozens more. I've unloaded and loaded trucks with heavy equipment. I've helped take off cargo securement devices, and I've watched professionals do the same countless times. I know what the game should be like, and it isn't there yet.

They have the map. It's all the other things that are lacking, and physics/road surfaces is perhaps the most basic thing of all.
Yes! And while I appreciate the social media hosts, you almost never see the big names (and most know who they are) not asking any detailed questions about the game beyond, states, trucks, and then oodling endless praise which, in the end isn't entirely un-deserved, but is really over the top in the amount and way it's done. They rarely ever ask a question or CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize the state of game play - simulation - detail. If they're honest, they know that beyond ownable trailers gameplay/simulation advancement has been very neglected...and it shows.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Optional Features

#12 Post by Optional Features » 10 Mar 2022 09:15

@Viper28 To be fair, it goes both ways. People don't criticize because they want to be liked/rewarded by the developers and the community. Or, those that do criticize aren't large enough to get the attention needed to make change.

But agreed, it does get old after a while. This could be a great game: it is already a fairly ok one. But the gap between ok and great is comprised of community pressure. If people communicate with SCS respectfully and express expectations that things will improve (en masse), things will undoubtedly improve.
HICHAM

#13 Post by HICHAM » 10 Mar 2022 17:07

To be honest I'm amazed at how some people here fight so hard so some features will never make it to the game..
English isn't my native language

Amateur Skinner.. ( feel free to criticize and give feedback)
Optional Features

#14 Post by Optional Features » 10 Mar 2022 18:28

HICHAM wrote: 10 Mar 2022 17:07 To be honest I'm amazed at how some people here fight so hard so some features will never make it to the game..
It's pretty incredible to say the least. But I will keep fighting, and hopefully SCS will put some of these ideas (and others') to good use.
Viper28

#15 Post by Viper28 » 10 Mar 2022 20:22

HICHAM wrote: 10 Mar 2022 17:07 To be honest I'm amazed at how some people here fight so hard so some features will never make it to the game..
I respect that, but to each their own. I hope SCS does address some of this in the future. I actually doubt some of these features would ever be included myself. However, as one that has played these types of games Hard Truck, and ATS since it came out. I've ultimately realized some time ago that the vast majority of players of ATS care solely about driving their truck, tuning it, and travelling to new states and really don't care about much else save for graphics and sound. I'm betting that's the majority. Any simulation/gameplay detail really isn't their priority. It would be interesting to look at the demographic on them (I have some theories) but as time passes, and if the they intend to carry this game forward for a decade or two, I'm far from convinced you're going to appeal
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
stephan96

#16 Post by stephan96 » 10 Mar 2022 20:37

Totaly agree

I like rail road and manholes bumps on steering wheel feedback.

Why not random events asphalt patches and little pothles feedback?

This man Todor Alin made this mod: US Asphalt Patch of random events V1.0

obs:(Obsolet)
viewtopic.php?p=1215692#p1215692

This could be standard in the game in future? :?:
HICHAM

#17 Post by HICHAM » 10 Mar 2022 20:54

Yes to each their own.. but why voting against a feature that's wanted by others? It's not like it's going to make their gameplay less enjoyable or it's going to create headaches for them. I'm new to the forum actually but I'm surprised really just like earlier when someone suggested a Delete button for unwanted mods within the mod manager.. because finding them inside the mods folder can be tricky sometimes. People said no because it's going to confuse lots of people.. well let us have the option anyway and people then can choose to use it or not.. it's so simple.. as far as it's not gonna ruin my experience then every suggestion is welcomed
English isn't my native language

Amateur Skinner.. ( feel free to criticize and give feedback)
Viper28

#18 Post by Viper28 » 11 Mar 2022 01:24

HICHAM wrote: 10 Mar 2022 20:54 Yes to each their own.. but why voting against a feature that's wanted by others? It's not like it's going to make their gameplay less enjoyable or it's going to create headaches for them. I'm new to the forum actually but I'm surprised really just like earlier when someone suggested a Delete button for unwanted mods within the mod manager.. because finding them inside the mods folder can be tricky sometimes. People said no because it's going to confuse lots of people.. well let us have the option anyway and people then can choose to use it or not.. it's so simple.. as far as it's not gonna ruin my experience then every suggestion is welcomed
well to attempt to answer your question to the best of my ability, voting against the feature wanted by another may in some cases be the retaliatory effort in response to someone voting against what another person wants by voting for what they want. Hey, I'm realizing that this game will be what it'll be, I used to take a much more disrespectful tone (predominantly in response to those that so readily bashed any idea beyond advancing the game in the three core areas I mentioned) and that wasn't right. I do recall a theme of: any time given by devs to anything other than states and trucks is a waste of time.

Who are the "lots of people" that are going to be confused by a delete button. SMH. Implement it anyway, it makes SENSE, and that is the message SCS needs to send: course, if these folks are the majority of their consumer base I doubt they will.
Optional Features

#19 Post by Optional Features » 11 Mar 2022 03:13

I once suggested more user friendly modding tools on this forum and was shouted down by a host of angry old men, none of which have contributed a single vehicle to this community (if my memory is correct). People here will oppose anything, even stuff that has no downsides.
flight50

#20 Post by flight50 » 11 Mar 2022 08:23

Viper28 wrote: 10 Mar 2022 20:22 I respect that, but to each their own. I hope SCS does address some of this in the future. I actually doubt some of these features would ever be included myself. However, as one that has played these types of games Hard Truck, and ATS since it came out. I've ultimately realized some time ago that the vast majority of players of ATS care solely about driving their truck, tuning it, and travelling to new states and really don't care about much else save for graphics and sound. I'm betting that's the majority. Any simulation/gameplay detail really isn't their priority. It would be interesting to look at the demographic on them (I have some theories) but as time passes, and if the they intend to carry this game forward for a decade or two, I'm far from convinced you're going to appeal
As time goes on, no doubt more will get implemented. We need this next engine update to see what lies ahead though. But your thinking about the majority of players would probably be correct. The player base is mostly casual players. They won't care about a lot of things some mention on this forum. Most of those casuals are not even part of this forum.
seriousmods wrote: 11 Mar 2022 03:13 People here will oppose anything, even stuff that has no downsides.
At the end of the day, people are either for or against so that's 50/50. If someone is against, its no different than a person that is for something. I'll oppose anything that doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't mean I'm right, doesn't mean I am wrong either. Its natural that people are opinionated though. We don't all have to agree.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”