Bumpy Roads

Would roads with bumps, potholes, and oher imperfections improve your gameplay experience?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 166

Optional Features

Re: Bumpy Roads

#171 Post by Optional Features » 07 Dec 2022 16:38

BHJ wrote: 07 Dec 2022 08:35 Serious@ + In German truck simulator It was possible to jackknife the trailer "best if using a wintermod" was serious fun trying to keep the sliding trailer on the road
I didn't know! That sounds like a fun challenge.
matt1982

#172 Post by matt1982 » 07 Dec 2022 18:34

@seriousmods iam sure aswell in 18 wos haulin been a long time since I played they was a contract system also were you could assign your drivers to only haul cargo for certain company's what you had contracts for and also I think it was 18 wos pttm random ai drivers would call out on cb and you could answer or even a question yourself from a set list
Optional Features

#173 Post by Optional Features » 07 Dec 2022 19:00

matt1982 wrote: 07 Dec 2022 18:34 @seriousmods iam sure aswell in 18 wos haulin been a long time since I played they was a contract system also were you could assign your drivers to only haul cargo for certain company's what you had contracts for and also I think it was 18 wos pttm random ai drivers would call out on cb and you could answer or even a question yourself from a set list
Yeah, I will add those to the list as well. The cb radio reports were cool. I've only seen video, but would have to have that today.
Unster

#174 Post by Unster » 07 Dec 2022 22:09

@seriousmods Huh. So they are dumbing down aspects of the game, even if the visuals have improved. That's really unfortunate. These games need more simulation, not less. Otherwise they should stop calling it a simulator.
Optional Features

#175 Post by Optional Features » 07 Dec 2022 22:19

Unster wrote: 07 Dec 2022 22:09 @seriousmods Huh. So they are dumbing down aspects of the game, even if the visuals have improved. That's really unfortunate. These games need more simulation, not less. Otherwise they should stop calling it a simulator.
Yes, features have gotten perceptibly worse while graphics have improved somewhat. So when we talk about what future updates will bring, they so far have not brought what old games had.
Unster

#176 Post by Unster » 07 Dec 2022 22:49

I don't really mind that the economy model is simplified, though it would be nice if there was some interaction with hired drivers. I don't even bother with hiring drivers since it's non-interactive and there's more than enough money made from solo driving. But I really really don't like the glass-like driving with zero feedback from the road. It makes the truck driving, which I assume is the core of the gameplay, seem so artificial and non-immersive. It puzzles me because the devs have added other, more trivial features to increase immersion, like better FFB and cabin sound insulation, but they continue to ignore this elephant in the room.
Optional Features

#177 Post by Optional Features » 07 Dec 2022 22:52

Unster wrote: 07 Dec 2022 22:49 I don't really mind that the economy model is simplified, though it would be nice if there was some interaction with hired drivers. I don't even bother with hiring drivers since it's non-interactive and there's more than enough money made from solo driving. But I really really don't like the glass-like driving with zero feedback from the road. It makes the truck driving, which I assume is the core of the gameplay, seem so artificial and non-immersive. It puzzles me because the devs have added other, more trivial features to increase immersion, like better FFB and cabin sound insulation, but they continue to ignore this elephant in the room.
Yeah, it is very odd to say the least. If physics got as much attention as photo mode and viewpoints, we'd have one of the best driving games around by now.
Unster

#178 Post by Unster » 08 Dec 2022 01:54

seriousmods wrote: 07 Dec 2022 22:52
Unster wrote: 07 Dec 2022 22:49 I don't really mind that the economy model is simplified, though it would be nice if there was some interaction with hired drivers. I don't even bother with hiring drivers since it's non-interactive and there's more than enough money made from solo driving. But I really really don't like the glass-like driving with zero feedback from the road. It makes the truck driving, which I assume is the core of the gameplay, seem so artificial and non-immersive. It puzzles me because the devs have added other, more trivial features to increase immersion, like better FFB and cabin sound insulation, but they continue to ignore this elephant in the room.
Yeah, it is very odd to say the least. If physics got as much attention as photo mode and viewpoints, we'd have one of the best driving games around by now.
I find it especially odd that SCS spent time simulating FFB effects from understeer, which I don't believe even happens in real life at least from my experience, yet they don't actually properly simulate understeer to where it comes on sufficiently. Same goes for simulating adjustable suspension for which I have yet to find a use, but completely missing the feel / movement from the road surface. But hey, at least they gave us the driveshaft torque, which was a nice surprise although a relatively minor feature.
Optional Features

#179 Post by Optional Features » 08 Dec 2022 02:10

Unster wrote: 08 Dec 2022 01:54 I find it especially odd that SCS spent time simulating FFB effects from understeer, which I don't believe even happens in real life at least from my experience, yet they don't actually properly simulate understeer to where it comes on sufficiently. Same goes for simulating adjustable suspension for which I have yet to find a use, but completely missing the feel / movement from the road surface. But hey, at least they gave us the driveshaft torque, which was a nice surprise although a relatively minor feature.
Driveshaft torque was unexpected, yet appreciated. It's one of the few things in the game from a physics perspective that is relatively true to life and improves gameplay. I was really excited to use it, and have mine turned up all the way. It might be a little much, but that is fine. I have to tip my hat to them for it.

But for me, adjustable suspension is mainly used when I want to make a truck look lowered.

[ external image ]

Since I only can use one trailer in game, I really just keep connected to it 100% of the time. I rarely take power only loads, and I often attach my trailer with the teleport tool anyways. If trailer attaching improves some day (tug test, wheel spin, manual hose and landing gear interaction), I would probably do more trailer attaching. But now, there's not much of a point.

As for understeer, I don't know if it's really even possible in game right now? Seems like you either turn at whatever speed (vehicle stability high) or just flip (vehicle stability low). There's not really an in-between. There is irl.

Bendix probably has the best examples from their testing program.

Unster

#180 Post by Unster » 08 Dec 2022 03:31

seriousmods wrote: 08 Dec 2022 02:10 As for understeer, I don't know if it's really even possible in game right now? Seems like you either turn at whatever speed (vehicle stability high) or just flip (vehicle stability low). There's not really an in-between. There is irl.
There is some understeer in the game, but too little because asphalt traction is exaggerated. You can tell more easily when driving and turning fast without a trailer since you won't have stability issues. But the understeer not only comes on too little and too late but it also goes away too quickly when braking. IRL braking would interfere with turning, something the game doesn't simulate.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”