Florida Discussion Thread

Ryley03d

Florida Discussion Thread

#1 Post by Ryley03d » 23 Jan 2022 14:36

With Pavel wanting to get to Florida quickly, I figure we should start a thread.
(Filler for officialization date)
(Filler for release date)

Florida will give us a first look at the east coast, complete the Gulf quintet, and start I-75, I-95, and US 1.

Cities:
Most likely: Tallahassee, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Key West, Pensacola
Likely: Space Coast, Ocala, Panama City.
Scenery Cities: Lake City, Suburbs of major metro areas.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-23 093229.png
rbsanford

Re: Florida Discussion Thread

#2 Post by rbsanford » 23 Jan 2022 14:56

An industry I'd like to see with Florida is cruise terminals, which could also apply to the rest of the Gulf Coast states and some of the East Coast as well. These depots would mainly receive food, but could also receive furniture and other supplies.

We'd also need a new cruise ship model, since the current Queen Mary II is one of a kind, and should really only appear in San Francisco, Southampton, and New York. A Spirit Class or Conquest Class ship should do well, since these are pretty standard designs with multiple ships each, sailing under fleets that serve the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, and so would be common in Florida. A good company to parody here would be Carnival, but if Royal Caribbean is chosen, the world's largest cruise ships could be worked in.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
angrybirdseller

#3 Post by angrybirdseller » 23 Jan 2022 15:04

Port of Miami can haul goods to the midwest or the east coast. Home construction sites in Ft Myers and Saraosta and then Florida Key delivery. I would like to see US-1 parallel I-95 with houses and shops and manufactering facilites. Also, have port of Jacksonville and Rum Factory near as well. Think before they start Florida-they need at least Georgia and Alabama in place at minimum.
AntonioMart

#4 Post by AntonioMart » 23 Jan 2022 15:27

To get to Florida from Texas, need to make four more states: Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. If, of course, they work at an accelerated pace and make two states instead of one, then yes, this is quite possible.
Freeze338

#5 Post by Freeze338 » 23 Jan 2022 15:51

I'm so excited about Florida because we will hit the ocean again after a long time. And it's a tropical state which gives great diversity. Also I'm pretty sure that SCS nails the cities like Jacksonville, Orlando or Miami perfectly because of the Texas. Some people would disagree about triangle map but I really would like to see Florida soon.
Tails

#6 Post by Tails » 23 Jan 2022 22:40

Florida would be my number one state to have for ATS some day. :)
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
The Torgo

#7 Post by The Torgo » 24 Jan 2022 03:10

at this point we're miles away, but hey! i'm already exited!
Brendan0620

#8 Post by Brendan0620 » 24 Jan 2022 04:16

It's quite far from release IMO, but it's my homestate!

I will be extremely excited if in the next 5 years or so, we see Florida. Being from Florida, particularly the Tampa Metro, I have lived here for 15+ years, and it has been awesome. I have been to many places in Florida, minus the panhandle, I will eventually visit the Panhandle. My favorite locations, or at least some, are Daytona Beach, Sarasota and the Space Coast.

I hope to see US-301. It's unique and filled with history, and a hot take, it's my favorite US Route in Florida. The chances of seeing it in the DLC are quite slim due to scale. With the DLC though, we have a good chance of seeing at least one or two Toll Roads, most likely is the Florida Turnpike that runs from Wildwood to Miami, I have been on some of the Turnpike IRL, it's decent.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
Xaagon

#9 Post by Xaagon » 24 Jan 2022 04:34

I would add Fort Myers as a marked city. Also possibly St. Petersburg as it's separated from Tampa by water.
angrybirdseller

#10 Post by angrybirdseller » 24 Jan 2022 04:47

Stair and Triangle map is what will provide balance to players and developers also need time to for new art assets. After Texas b-line to Florida would be ill advised.

Return to “General discussion about the game”