Dynamic Companies: Virtual Truckers Should Make a Visible Impact on the Game World

_Roger_

Re: Dynamic Companies: Virtual Truckers Should Make a Visible Impact on the Game World

#31 Post by _Roger_ » 27 Jan 2022 17:48

seriousmods wrote: 25 Jan 2022 03:51 In SCS games, this impact is nonexistent. There are no new housing developments that a player hauled in supplies for
And a few seconds of thinking should of gotten you the obvious answer as to why that is.
busted85

Re: Dynamic Companies: Virtual Truckers Should Make a Visible Impact on the Game World

#32 Post by busted85 » 27 Jan 2022 20:30

I would like to see them start something even if something simple. The fuel stops would make a great place to start. Every place that the player can get fuel at needs a delivery port. I know you can deliver to some in the game now, I doubt that all do. The World of Trucks keeps track of how much fuel is being used. And if players don't deliver enough fuel to the station. it either runs out or limit the amount players can get to like 50 gallons. The freight market could auto-add loads as they are needed and if one gets below say 20% the load to that fuel stops is red or something indicating to players that stations are running short. There would be nothing visual to change but would be a good start and add a little to the gameplay.
jab98

#33 Post by jab98 » 27 Jan 2022 21:54

busted85 wrote: 27 Jan 2022 20:30 I would like to see them start something even if something simple. The fuel stops would make a great place to start. Every place that the player can get fuel at needs a delivery port. I know you can deliver to some in the game now, I doubt that all do. The World of Trucks keeps track of how much fuel is being used. And if players don't deliver enough fuel to the station. it either runs out or limit the amount players can get to like 50 gallons. The freight market could auto-add loads as they are needed and if one gets below say 20% the load to that fuel stops is red or something indicating to players that stations are running short. There would be nothing visual to change but would be a good start and add a little to the gameplay.
Please explain this in a bit more detail, because from the sounds of it you want scs make it where you are forced to haul fuel just to be able to play and do other things.
busted85

#34 Post by busted85 » 27 Jan 2022 22:18

You wouldn't have to haul fuel yourself. It would be server-based so anyone could haul it and it would register on your game. Like how it keeps track of the Christmas events. It would just give more to the game. Say you're in Vegas looking for a load and one is fuel to a truck stop that is low. You take that trip and it would count for everyone in World of Trucks and that fuel station would be back to full for all players. Afterward, that station would keep track of when all players get fuel from that stop it would go down. And eventually, someone would have to haul another load to that station.
Optional Features

#35 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jan 2022 22:31

busted85 wrote: 27 Jan 2022 20:30 I would like to see them start something even if something simple. The fuel stops would make a great place to start. Every place that the player can get fuel at needs a delivery port. I know you can deliver to some in the game now, I doubt that all do. The World of Trucks keeps track of how much fuel is being used. And if players don't deliver enough fuel to the station. it either runs out or limit the amount players can get to like 50 gallons. The freight market could auto-add loads as they are needed and if one gets below say 20% the load to that fuel stops is red or something indicating to players that stations are running short. There would be nothing visual to change but would be a good start and add a little to the gameplay.
I'd like to see us just be able to supply all the gas stations on the map. How do these stations get fuel? Osmosis?
bobgrey1997

#36 Post by bobgrey1997 » 28 Jan 2022 01:26

I can understand not all fuel stops having cargo for the player. Most big truck stop chains have their own in-house fleet handle that kind of thing. We don't drive for these fleets, but rather are owner operators. That said, the overflow loads that their own fleets can't handle should go to the players. Likewise, we should see AI trucks from their fleets also doing deliveries.
The player being the only real trucker makes the rest of the world seem dead and empty, even if there are other trucks on the highways. Those trucks have no destinations, and aren't actually hauling anything to anywhere.

I don't expect to be able to follow a random truck to its destination, but I do hope to see AI trucks driving around in distribution centers and such.
Optional Features

#37 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jan 2022 01:37

bobgrey1997 wrote: 28 Jan 2022 01:26 I can understand not all fuel stops having cargo for the player. Most big truck stop chains have their own in-house fleet handle that kind of thing. We don't drive for these fleets, but rather are owner operators. That said, the overflow loads that their own fleets can't handle should go to the players. Likewise, we should see AI trucks from their fleets also doing deliveries.
The player being the only real trucker makes the rest of the world seem dead and empty, even if there are other trucks on the highways. Those trucks have no destinations, and aren't actually hauling anything to anywhere.

I don't expect to be able to follow a random truck to its destination, but I do hope to see AI trucks driving around in distribution centers and such.
Deezle release an addon that adds these to the game, so we could realistically deliver to all the consumer stations. We used to be able to back when California was in its old days: now, with all of the new maps, gas station drops have disappeared, and I think they were removed in California as well. Very annoying: I see these (with more axles) almost every single day, and I'd love to spend a few gameplay sessions driving from a refinery to a bunch of local stops.

[ external image ]

As for what you're describing with AI trucks not really having a point, I totally agree. Imagine being able to hire a driver, and then dispatch that driver and yourself to a destination to pick up cargo. Even if the AI didn't back into the dock, it would be something. Right now, the hired AI drivers are pure imagination, and the ones we see are just aimlessly driving about. This game is such a missed opportunity really, not only for SCS to make money from a much larger pool of customers, but for the trucking industry itself to recruit drivers, interest people in the industry, and showcase exactly how many moving parts there are to this business.

I watch this guy regularly on YouTube, and I wish I could experience a virtual version of what he shows. He doesn't show everything, and he doesn't make his videos hours long, but it's what the game should be. Some manual fueling, some minor repairs, some customization, some maneuvering the trailer into the dock, some watching the trailer be loaded, some truckstop shenanigans, etc. It's a "slice of life" whereas the game is just driving.
Viper28

#38 Post by Viper28 » 06 Mar 2022 03:00

Wow, such rich discussion. Yeah I've mentioned of few of these things over the years...and too my mistake wasn't very kind about it at times. I don't know, it seems that SCS development largely focuses on those things that directly lead to content production...the money makers -- maps. Yeah they've added some trailers which are cool, but outside of that the gameplay advancements have been nearly NON-EXISTENT. I'm not asking the world, but there are features present in older trucking games that aren't even present in this one! Would it hurt to finally push through a system whereby trucks get dirty and need washing? I know from countless posts the first try didn't succeed, but it really seems like that feature has destined for the dustbin of history. Maybe that is it; there's just no money in developing and releasing updates that feature some true game play enhancing features outside of the niche advancements that have been seen in the past. Course, I dunno, IF developers don't pay attention to posts in this forum anymore, then sounding off politely here is nothing more than something designed to leave one feeling copacetic about it all.

oh, and yes, graphically, they've improved BIG time, and the base idea of the game is captivating, and I understand that many of the features of the o.p. might be too extensive, but would it hurt to implement some of these things for the folks that like a bit more immersion and richness to game-play? Heck if it's substantial I'd even pay separately for it!
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Optional Features

#39 Post by Optional Features » 06 Mar 2022 06:05

Viper28 wrote: 06 Mar 2022 03:00 Wow, such rich discussion. Yeah I've mentioned of few of these things over the years...and too my mistake wasn't very kind about it at times. I don't know, it seems that SCS development largely focuses on those things that directly lead to content production...the money makers -- maps. Yeah they've added some trailers which are cool, but outside of that the gameplay advancements have been nearly NON-EXISTENT. I'm not asking the world, but there are features present in older trucking games that aren't even present in this one! Would it hurt to finally push through a system whereby trucks get dirty and need washing? I know from countless posts the first try didn't succeed, but it really seems like that feature has destined for the dustbin of history. Maybe that is it; there's just no money in developing and releasing updates that feature some true game play enhancing features outside of the niche advancements that have been seen in the past. Course, I dunno, IF developers don't pay attention to posts in this forum anymore, then sounding off politely here is nothing more than something designed to leave one feeling copacetic about it all.

oh, and yes, graphically, they've improved BIG time, and the base idea of the game is captivating, and I understand that many of the features of the o.p. might be too extensive, but would it hurt to implement some of these things for the folks that like a bit more immersion and richness to game-play? Heck if it's substantial I'd even pay separately for it!
I would pay for it as well. Unfortunately, I don't even think ideas like this (which apparently TMP is doing something similar now with no connection to this idea in all reality) get any internal attention. It gets frustrating. We're trying to help, but not really being heard.
Viper28

#40 Post by Viper28 » 06 Mar 2022 07:00

seriousmods wrote: 06 Mar 2022 06:05
Viper28 wrote: 06 Mar 2022 03:00 Wow, such rich discussion. Yeah I've mentioned of few of these things over the years...and too my mistake wasn't very kind about it at times. I don't know, it seems that SCS development largely focuses on those things that directly lead to content production...the money makers -- maps. Yeah they've added some trailers which are cool, but outside of that the gameplay advancements have been nearly NON-EXISTENT. I'm not asking the world, but there are features present in older trucking games that aren't even present in this one! Would it hurt to finally push through a system whereby trucks get dirty and need washing? I know from countless posts the first try didn't succeed, but it really seems like that feature has destined for the dustbin of history. Maybe that is it; there's just no money in developing and releasing updates that feature some true game play enhancing features outside of the niche advancements that have been seen in the past. Course, I dunno, IF developers don't pay attention to posts in this forum anymore, then sounding off politely here is nothing more than something designed to leave one feeling copacetic about it all.

I would pay for it as well. Unfortunately, I don't even think ideas like this (which apparently TMP is doing something similar now with no connection to this idea in all reality) get any internal attention. It gets frustrating. We're trying to help, but not really being heard.
TMP? Sadly, while i think it's totally doable, I don't now how likely or better yet, how much motivation there is to take on something like this. I think behind the scenes they're really overwhelmed with just how much an undertaking it is to tackle a completion of the whole of "America" assuming that means the 48-states in a "marketable" timeframe. I've often wondered about developer burnout. I mean they've been at this game for a while now. Maybe that's not the issue. Whatever the case they've got the graphic standard down, how about taking a look at the gameplay...I mean shoot even a couple of these features completed would make a huge difference.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”