Idea to bring to ATS/ETS2

Leich88

Idea to bring to ATS/ETS2

#1 Post by Leich88 » 25 Jan 2022 05:07

SCS,

Do you remember 18 Wheels of Steel? Of course, you do! I was remembering how fun and amazing that game was. I also remember some of the things in that game that I thought would be in ATS/ETS2.

1. In 18 WoS, the police would chase you down to give you a ticket for speeding, failing to go to bed and missing weight stations. That would be cool if ATS could have that added to it.
2. I don't remember which game it was, but there was a point you had to buy "passes" to by-pass weight stations/inspections. Certain passes allowed you to by-pass. It would be cool if we could buy them again or add an Overweight Permit request when doing Special Transport missions.
3. 18 WoS you had exhaust smoke. I know today's trucks really don't produce that much but some still do like the W900 and the 389. Would be cool to have some smoke come from the exhaust to give a little bit more of realism.
And finally, 4. This isn't from the old games, but I think it would be cool if we could actually get out of the cab and walk around the truck, pump fuel, or "check the load".

These are just some ideas I would like to see in the game. I know not all, or none will ever be, but I would love for you guys to at least test it or hear me out on it.

Thank You,
Leich88
Optional Features

Re: Idea to bring to ATS/ETS2

#2 Post by Optional Features » 25 Jan 2022 05:34

These ideas have been passed around the forums time and time again. Unfortunately, the only people listening are fellow forum members who either agree (like me), don't care (most), or explain why it isn't possible (a select few).

SCS devs don't read these suggestions, and SCS leadership has other ideas that are primary priorities.

But to your point, yes, 18 WoS apparently had used trucks as well, and Hard Truck 2 had mafia that would try to steal your cargo. Rig N Roll also had features this game will never have.

Maybe we should be playing them instead.
bobgrey1997

#3 Post by bobgrey1997 » 25 Jan 2022 06:02

For the police chases, they should never chase you for failing to sleep, but rather you should get a fine upon random inspections (such as at weigh stations or if you are being pulled over for a traffic violation).
For the bypass, this is called prePass, and the trucks in-game already have it.
Exhaust smoke is illegal nationwide in the US (and I'd think in the EU as well), so this will never be in the game without mods. Not to mention, SCS has to make the trucks to the liking of the manufacturers to get approved by the manufacturers, and they would never authorize a representation of their trucks violating national law in factory condition.
Out of cab activities have been suggested many times, and the general idea is that it would remain limited to truck-based activities, such as fueling, inspections, and interacting with the trailer to hook up or drop it, slide tandems, secure cargo, etc. I doubt we will ever see stores and such.
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 25 Jan 2022 06:51

1 & 3 SCS have said they will not do.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 25 Jan 2022 07:34

bobgrey1997 wrote: 25 Jan 2022 06:02
Exhaust smoke is illegal nationwide in the US (and I'd think in the EU as well), so this will never be in the game without mods. Not to mention, SCS has to make the trucks to the liking of the manufacturers to get approved by the manufacturers, and they would never authorize a representation of their trucks violating national law in factory condition.
Exhaust smoke is illegal? No lol. Exhaust smoke is not illegal, or I wouldn't see it all the time. California has regulations limiting emissions in commercial trucks, which has eliminated most trucks with older engines. Oregon has similar laws going into effect in a couple years for three counties (source: a man at my employer whose job is to keep up with emissions regulations full time). And the US has a manufacturing limitation on new engines for commercial trucks, but pre emissions engines were installed in new trucks up to some time in 2021 when production was stopped.

But in most of the US, you can still operate a smoke-blowing, emissions-system-free truck without any problems. It's not even uncommon in many places. A large percentage of the trucks I see daily (primarily vocational) are in this category.

So no, exhaust smoke is not illegal. SCS just doesn't want to include it, which makes little sense as any truck, even a new one, produces some emissions which can look like steam on a cold day or just a haze on a hot day.

And to add, the Pete 389 and W900L in game are pre-emissions trucks (no DEF tank), so they would blow smoke in real life. In addition, the International 9900 that is planned will also likely be pre-emissions. The T680, 579, Cascadia, 49X, Anthem, Lonestar, and LT all are DEF trucks, but the game doesn't have a DEF system, which also makes no sense.

It has nothing to do with manufacturers or contracts either, or Snowrunner and Farming Simulator (both of which share official brands with ATS and FS with ETS2) would not include it in their games.

What is possible and what will be done are not the same.
JeeF

#6 Post by JeeF » 26 Jan 2022 21:18

There are 4 pages missing here, what's going on?
I was under the impression this was an online forum.
Seems to me that every time someone starts a topic where we discuss the current state of the game, what we want and what we are unhappy about, stuff disappears, topics get locked, warnings are given.
That, together with the endless defending of the current state of the game, based on ludicrous excuses, makes me feel like I'm living in George Orwell's "1984" world.
If this is what this place is becoming I no longer wish to be part of it.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jan 2022 21:23

Yeah, it's quite weird for sure. The last post I made was just talking about on-road emissions requirements that went into effect in 2010, and caused Caterpillar to leave the market. Was that violating some rule? If not, why delete it lol.

I, for one, like a hearty debate about topics that we are passionate about. And I think that's what we were having. Sad to see it squelched.
Leich88

#8 Post by Leich88 » 26 Jan 2022 22:05

Wait what happened to all the comments? There was 5 pages of comments?? Seems like someone got upset and deleted them bc they are a moderator. Talk about childish. I agree 100% with some of you that trucks today do produce some type of exhaust/smoke. I would like that in the game bc it is called American Truck SIMULATOR! Every simulator I play usually is very close to the real thing. Even Train Simulator has smoke coming from the stacks. And don't tell me it will take too much processing. Bc look at ETS2, they have smoke coming from chammies of factories and random road events. So, it is 100% able to be added. And yes, even dirty trucks would be nice, bc IRL no truck stays clean for 10,000 miles. NO WAY POSSIBLE! Maybe they could at truck washes bc those do exist. And a walk around would be nice to refuel, or check cargo, or even chose what tie down we use on the load. But like you guys said, its SCS that decides that and won't listen to us players.
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 26 Jan 2022 22:10

Engine in current state can't simulate it, a bit pointless to argue about it as it won't happen within 5 or 10 years
Sorry

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Leich88

#10 Post by Leich88 » 26 Jan 2022 22:18

plykkegaard wrote: 26 Jan 2022 22:10 Engine in current state can't simulate it, a bit pointless to argue about it as it won't happen within 5 or 10 years
Sorry
What do you mean engine in current state?

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”