A few more things.

BelGarion

A few more things.

#1 Post by BelGarion » 27 Jan 2022 09:26

Well, just two really.

One, I can't find fog lights, not for sale, not switch on-able in the F4 menu, etc but I noticed since my return (I stopped playing in the 1.3x.x era and jumped right to 1.42.x ) that it gets foggy when it rains. None of my mods modifies weather (two Jazzycat trailer mods, everything unlocked mod, and the Google Assistant route advisor voice since Skye is such a terrible route advisor) so I am forced to assume it's something new in ETS2. But I can't find fog lights to help me see better in such conditions. O.o

Two, I am unsure if I should bug report this or not. The routing system seems to really really * really * hate certain ferry routes. For example, Bergan or Stavenger to Hirtshas and back, or Amsterdam to Newcastle on Tyne. I had a job from Bergan to Newcastle, it completely bypassed the Bergan to Hirtshas ferry in favor of routing me down though Kristiansand to Hirtshas, which drove me though Stavanger and it ignored that ferry too. Then I wanted to discover Amsterdam so I markered it and it wanted to route me from Amsterdam to Rotterdam to Grimsby to Newcastle instead of Amsterdam to Newcastle. After the delivery I was poking at jobs from Newcastle, saw a job from Newcastle to Amsterdam and, you guessed it, it was routing it from Newcastle to Grimsby to Rotterdam and back to Amsterdam. Like, wth?! O.o And all these are vanilla, I don't run any map mods on this profile, just two Jazzycat trailer mods, a Google voice mod for the route advisor, and an 'everything unlocked' mod.

Oh! Also! I was watching the Youtuber Squirrel when he did a live stream of ETS2. He had a few more route advisor voice files, like an Australian one, for example. He's in England, I am in America, is his a regional thing? Or is it some mod? Or did I get jipped some how? All I have is Skye and Doug US, UK, a 'Raspy' Doug, and an "Old Granny" Skye. Ugg. This means I'll have to scrub though 6 hours of video to find and screenshot Squirrel's configuration menu when he changed it while streaming. >.< But his Australian one sounded good.
Underscore_101_

Re: A few more things.

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 27 Jan 2022 11:28

There's no such thing as fog lights that make you see better into the distance, fog lights on cars and trucks at the front are for nearby to see curbs and such better, they give a wider spread near the front of your car/truck.

The route advisor shows the route that is Best (don't know if that's by speed and/or economy), but you can set what kinda route it suggests in the options in game play settings -> Navigation Mode, you can choose between Best, Shortest and Small Roads.
You can also set waypoints or ignore points by hand on the map after taking a job if you don't like what the satnav suggests.

Squirrels voice was probably a mod, but his ETS2 vids can be quite old, haven't seen anything recent from him, so if it's a mod there's a good chance it's outdated, but he has a link to a spreadsheet with the mods he uses in his video description.
Steve Pitts

#3 Post by Steve Pitts » 27 Jan 2022 18:13

The Route Advisor, when set to the default Best setting, seems to calculate which route gets you there the earliest in game time. The ferry might be quicker in terms of game playing time but not in terms of game time. As stated already you can change the route chosen using waypoints and indeed I would recommend experimenting to see if there is a better, more interesting, faster, slower, whatever route that catches your fancy.
Cheers, Steve
Pengu

#4 Post by Pengu » 27 Jan 2022 22:24

Underscore_101_ wrote: 27 Jan 2022 11:28 There's no such thing as fog lights that make you see better into the distance, fog lights on cars and trucks at the front are for nearby to see curbs and such better, they give a wider spread near the front of your car/truck.
I'm sure he knows. I think what he means is that you've got no option to switch on additional foglights. The oblong lights you can plant on the lower lamp bar of your truck brighten up exactly the nearby range in front of your truck, what's good inside foggy or hazy situations. I'm also missing an opportunity to switch them on w/o the driving beams (mostly mounted on the top lamp bar). But it is as it is... ;-)
Underscore_101_

#5 Post by Underscore_101_ » 28 Jan 2022 00:54

Maybe he knows it, but the fog in the game is quite far imo and he mentions he wants to see better when it's foggy, and fog lights won't help with that, not in the game and not irl, they would make seeing things worse.
So that's why i mentioned it.
BelGarion

#6 Post by BelGarion » 28 Jan 2022 04:16

Underscore_101_ wrote: 27 Jan 2022 11:28 There's no such thing as fog lights that make you see better into the distance, fog lights on cars and trucks at the front are for nearby to see curbs and such better, they give a wider spread near the front of your car/truck.

The route advisor shows the route that is Best (don't know if that's by speed and/or economy), but you can set what kinda route it suggests in the options in game play settings -> Navigation Mode, you can choose between Best, Shortest and Small Roads.
You can also set waypoints or ignore points by hand on the map after taking a job if you don't like what the satnav suggests.

Squirrels voice was probably a mod, but his ETS2 vids can be quite old, haven't seen anything recent from him, so if it's a mod there's a good chance it's outdated, but he has a link to a spreadsheet with the mods he uses in his video description.
There are more recent vids of his on SquirrelPlus channel , he streams ETS2 now and again. The last was September of 2021, so not that long ago. But that was ATS, his last ETS2 was the 4th of July 2021, still, only 6 month ish old. I'll have to scrub though 3 1 hour 20 min videos to find what I mean. >.<

https://youtu.be/jooeJbB9B_w?list=PLzSQ ... pCHM&t=673

Ken (AU) , but you can see all the ones he has at that point in his stream.
BelGarion

#7 Post by BelGarion » 29 Jan 2022 17:42

So I was messing around with the routing settings, only have Best , Shortest, Small Roads. Oddly, Shortest is a longer route time than Best, so that obviously doesn't mean shortest time. Though... Too bad there isn't an opposite to "Small Roads" , sort of a "Freeway only" setting. :D

Also I figured out the voice navigator thing, it's the Tom Tom voice pack. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1828031323 for those who are curious.

Return to “Help center - player to player”