What's your favorite city in ATS?

Travismods

What's your favorite city in ATS?

#1 Post by Travismods » 17 Feb 2022 11:56

The interstate thread was an interesting read so how about we talk cities of ATS. So which one is your favorite city to drive around in ATS and why?

I believe there are 136 cities in total, at least according to this list which is a good reference for picking a favorite city: https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki ... _Simulator

Do you pick one of the major cities or some of the smaller scenery towns? Or a location that's perhaps not even marked on the map? Why do you like it the most? Do you think it is well represented in the game, or could it be improved? If you have a least favorite city, let's hear it also and why!

I have removed the previous poll since people complained about the city selection. So let's discuss instead :D
Last edited by Travismods on 18 Feb 2022 11:33, edited 5 times in total.
Outlaw Transport

Re: What's your favorite city in ATS?

#2 Post by Outlaw Transport » 17 Feb 2022 12:21

Toss up between Steamboat Springs, Vegas and SF for actually feeling unique.
Brendan0620

#3 Post by Brendan0620 » 17 Feb 2022 16:21

I'm going to say Boise is my favorite city, with Las Vegas a close second, and Denver in third. Boise was just very well represented, I still love visiting this city to this very day in ATS.

I will say I do have a least favorite city, and that is definitely San Diego, because of how it is represented in ATS. Hopefully the rebuild will give it some love.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
rbsanford

#4 Post by rbsanford » 17 Feb 2022 18:09

We already have an old thread like this that'll have to be resurrected for Wyoming, but to be fair, that dealt with the favorite city in each state.

My favorite in the entire map is a tough call; I might go with Salmon, since it's in a scenic location, and it's a cozy town with a lot of landmarks. Towns like those at the ends of spurs tend to get old, because you keep traveling the same road to get to and from there, but Salmon is an exception, because the drive up there is very nice.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Travismods

#5 Post by Travismods » 17 Feb 2022 19:14

rbsanford wrote: 17 Feb 2022 18:09 We already have an old thread like this that'll have to be resurrected for Wyoming, but to be fair, that dealt with the favorite city in each state.

My favorite in the entire map is a tough call; I might go with Salmon, since it's in a scenic location, and it's a cozy town with a lot of landmarks. Towns like those at the ends of spurs tend to get old, because you keep traveling the same road to get to and from there, but Salmon is an exception, because the drive up there is very nice.
Dang, not sure how I missed that thread. But I guess its a bit different to look at all cities at once. And we have the poll! I agree, going to Salmon is really comfy in game. I think I have to re-drive it now after reading your comment :D
justgettingold

#6 Post by justgettingold » 17 Feb 2022 20:23

Probably Jackson WY, it's not just beautiful but also very detailed and full of life.
HM: Portland, Boise, Denver, Steamboat Springs
MT269

#7 Post by MT269 » 18 Feb 2022 01:18

Jackpot (NV) would be close. Was quite out of the way before ID was released, so a bit of a novelty venturing there. It has some nice scenic views on the way, despite being up to 9-10 years old.

San Francisco is close to the top too. Another antique, but it still defines the game, as part of the base map. I also don't mind Roswell (NM). It will be nice be able to venture south from there when TX is released.

Nothing in OR or WA stands out at all to me.
hangman005

#8 Post by hangman005 » 18 Feb 2022 04:44

My top three would be 1. Las Vegas, NV 2. Jackson, WY, 3. Salmon, ID (Mainly for the drive to get there) and HM to Idaho Fall, ID
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Freeze338

#9 Post by Freeze338 » 18 Feb 2022 07:00

Why am I not seeing cities like Portland , Colorado Springs or Tucson and seeing instead of way smaller cities on that poll ??

It gives the wibe that you have no idea about ATS except the Washington or you have no idea about major
Tristman

#10 Post by Tristman » 18 Feb 2022 07:21

I have to agree the selection is a bit strange with cities like Olympia, Tacoma and Medford included, but no Portland.

Anyway, my choice goes to Idaho Falls.

Return to “General discussion about the game”