[WIP] [Rel] Paris 1:1 Map [1.49]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
twins

Re: [WIP] [Rel] Paris 1:1 Map

#141 Post by twins » 05 Feb 2023 17:32

Thank you very much fpr takomg the time to write this mod. It is appreciated greatly. We will let you know how we get on with it. John & Peter.

We have installed the mod but when we run Paris, it stops at the load screen where there are no games showing with a tick in the box. link to game log file=
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AqHNxsv-i0HuhaNBVN3 ... A?e=HdLMfg
What are we doing wrong?
thedrippingone

#142 Post by thedrippingone » 05 Feb 2023 20:43

After not trying Paris for a few days, I just tried it and see the same. Removing my mod lets it load.

I'll check to see just why I broke it, but for now just disable it and I'll come back once I work it out...

EDIT: Stupid edit mistake by me when I was cleaning it up, sorry about that.

Fixed version: MapZoomer_for_Paris_121.scs - 2 KB NOTE: I just realised I didn't bump the version number, but since I think you might be the only one who tried it...
twins

#143 Post by twins » 06 Feb 2023 12:26

Thank you thedrippingone for your quick reply and correction to your mod. The route is now loading okay. We will report back after we have used it for a few drives. It is good that we have people like you with the know how on this forum. John & Peter.
thedrippingone

#144 Post by thedrippingone » 06 Feb 2023 13:04

It's not perfect, very much a work in progress. I did it to try and improve my own gameplay when it comes to such a dense map as Paris 121, and figured someone else might find it useful.

For me, the biggest issue left is the massive red road for the route on the Market map, and at max zoom out for the World Map. Other than that it's just a bit of tuning needed on road widths and "user" location arrow size.

Incidentally, it probably works just fine with other dense 1-1 standalone maps, as there's nothing dependent on Paris.,...
twins

#145 Post by twins » 06 Feb 2023 17:35

We will also try it on the other 1:1 maps that we have.
Nessi

#146 Post by Nessi » 07 Feb 2023 16:02

@Madkine i need all dlc of ets 2 or all france dlc ?
Im French !

Sorry if my english is bad !

Nessi
Nessi

#147 Post by Nessi » 07 Feb 2023 17:00

here is the video of how the mod is installed (which folder etc) and how my game crashes

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqPK7jOZlgY

I have the dlc "vive la France" and the dlc "going east"

If something is wrong in this video and would explain why my game crashes when I try to run with the mod "Paris" please explain to me!

the same if there is need for more dlc tell me which ones please
Im French !

Sorry if my english is bad !

Nessi
twins

#148 Post by twins » 07 Feb 2023 17:43

Vive La France!, Scandinavia, Italia, Beyond The Baltic Sea, Road To The Black Sea and Iberia MUST be installed before you can run this and many other map mods. We hope this helps you Nessi. John & Peter
raphael_alioth

#149 Post by raphael_alioth » 08 Feb 2023 20:55

I notice that some highway signs are missing the highway number (on top on the little red/green boxes), will this be fixed? Not a huge problem, but it would add to the realism ;)
TanteBerthaNL

#150 Post by TanteBerthaNL » 09 Feb 2023 12:11

First of all Removed 2.3 AMAZING map mod!!!!
Is this map stil being worked on? there are a lot of roads that become invisible (but they still there) need to turn the camera a bit to get it visible again..
Really hoping that would get improved/fixed..

really appreciate the hard work on this mod, i must say it again this is really amazing!

Return to “Maps”