[REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Outlaw Transport

[REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

#1 Post by Outlaw Transport » 16 Mar 2022 19:54

[ external image ]

Here it is - my version of a 359.

While it comes with a whole heap of options and accessories, this was not designed as a show truck. This is a gritty, realistic piece of history you can build as a complete bucket or a freshly restored classic rig. And everything inbetween.

I made this becuase I am a sucker for realism and care about things like proportions and period correct details. If you like realism, you'll like this. If you like neon underglow, there are other very well made long hood Petes you're probably going to like better.

Consider this first version a public beta. I'm sure a number of things will surface even after the private beta run it has had. Comes as a daycab, coffin sleeper, flat top, a rusty beat up version of the flat top and with a Doonan sleeper cap - a very rare and cool option with a striking similarity to the KW Aerodyne sleeper.

Download it on Facebook (Latest version: June 3rd 2023)
Direct link to file

Compatibility Mods:
Kreichbaum Engines Compatibility
Zeemods Engine Compatibility (paid engines)
Zeemods Peterbilt Interior Sounds Compatibility

License Plates
I have made a separate mod for this truck (and others) that allow custom high resolution license plates as accessories. Download it here

My Mods Moving Forward
I'm consolidating the channels I'm using to communicate and distribute mods. Ten different places with 20 different comment sections, messaging apps and forums was driving me nuts. So if you're interested in being kept in the loop on this and all other mods I have in the pipeline, be sure to follow the Outlaw Transport page on Facebook where I will keep most updates. (Sorry, no Discord).

And if you're the type of person who equate spending money with the quality of a mod, feel free to scratch that itch by donating to a Ukrainian non-profit of your choosing as you download this.

Enjoy!

Credits:

Code: Select all

- All the 359 owners and enthusiasts I pestered for measurements, blueprints and references.
- The team of beta testers who truly went above and beyond. 
- The guys in the Blender Tools subforum who filled the gap between the complete lack of documentation and my own shortcomings. 
- Smarty's website for providing the Corvette dash skeleton and the Alcoa wheels. 
Credits for both are as follows;
Ventures87 (wendi)
Chris (bay0net)
RBR-DUK (rbr_duk)
Jon (cascadia)
For modders
Template - Layered PSD + PNGs
Truck def name:

Code: Select all

outlaw.359
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by Outlaw Transport on 03 Jun 2023 07:24, edited 9 times in total.
TexasWhirlwind

Re: [WIP] Peterbilt 359

#3 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 17 Mar 2022 02:34

I like this one.
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
UOneOne

#4 Post by UOneOne » 17 Mar 2022 14:45

This is awesome!
I think I'm supposed to put something cool here :?: 8-)
Ezra

#5 Post by Ezra » 18 Mar 2022 18:27

This is awesome, the 359 is probably my favorite truck. Will definitely jump on this when it's released.
Travismods

#6 Post by Travismods » 18 Mar 2022 18:53

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3

Can you up the polygon count just slightly? I can see the fender looks more dented than round.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#7 Post by Wolfi » 18 Mar 2022 19:08

I'd say wait for in-game screenshots before asking for such things. Blender has a bad tendency of making things look a lot more jagged than they end up later in the game.
This is a cool looking project, will definitely follow it.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Outlaw Transport

#8 Post by Outlaw Transport » 18 Mar 2022 19:33

Yup, that's just Blender, and particularly noticable on high contrast objects with just a baked texture on it.

Not much new to report as I am still finalizing the general shape of it all and overall trying to avoid learning how to animate lol.

Here's a fun fact some people might not know; Aside from the much narrower cab and more upright windshield than the 379/389, the 359 hood is almost completely straight. Not naming or shaming (or judging) but there are two 359 mods that I know of, and neither of them bothered with that rather substantial detail which is odd to me - it makes a huge difference in getting that period correct vintage look.

359/389 comparison;
[ external image ]
Wolfi
Beta tester

#9 Post by Wolfi » 18 Mar 2022 19:37

Just as my signature says: smallest details make the biggest difference ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
trucker doha

#10 Post by trucker doha » 19 Mar 2022 17:56

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to this

Return to “Trucks”