[REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
IwantPETERBILT350

Re: [REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

#541 Post by IwantPETERBILT350 » 30 Dec 2022 03:22

Hey outlaw, I hope im not asking for too much but id much appreciate it if you added a stock or older horn from the 70s-80s? Or even just a horn thats not from the game. If possible of course. ;)
Your average American Truck Simulator gamer.
SuperLinerN14

#542 Post by SuperLinerN14 » 31 Dec 2022 18:56

Outlaw I'm enjoying the truck and had 2 suggestions for the next update. Can you please slide the front wheels up towards the bumper so they're centered in the fender opening? Also can you adjust the bumper nodes to have the middle node centered at the bottom so if you run a single license plate it will sit exactly in the middle of the bumper and not offset slightly?
Attachments
359 Front Wheel Lines.png
359 Nodes.png
karkovb

#543 Post by karkovb » 03 Jan 2023 17:39

What a stunning beauty! I absolutely love the small details that you've put on the windshield and other places of the truck, all the textures are pretty crisp without being too sharp.
ChiliBeef

#544 Post by ChiliBeef » 04 Jan 2023 00:59

I do not know if this has already been mentioned pages back, but I just noticed that the Window Chops and Hood Pull nodes show up when customizing the interior but not the exterior. And, the Quilted Leather and Opulent Leather titles are switched (as in, choosing Quilted Leather shows you Opulent Leather and vice versa).
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
thehip66

#545 Post by thehip66 » 14 Jan 2023 14:22

ChiliBeef wrote: 04 Jan 2023 00:59 I do not know if this has already been mentioned pages back, but I just noticed that the Window Chops and Hood Pull nodes show up when customizing the interior but not the exterior. And, the Quilted Leather and Opulent Leather titles are switched (as in, choosing Quilted Leather shows you Opulent Leather and vice versa).
I was just messing around with this truck , those nodes are on the exterior
GHOSTRIDER-67

#546 Post by GHOSTRIDER-67 » 16 Jan 2023 17:10

GHOSTRIDER-67 wrote: 05 Dec 2022 18:57 Thank you so much for this timeless classic bro, Classic Pete's is a different world for me 8-)

I only have one question: How can i make camera-5(looking back from side window) angel to default setting again? It stands too far since your truck is activated, and it affects some other trucks too :roll:
Hello brothers, is there a way to fix this little problem?

As you see i asked it some time ago too, but it disappeared between another discussion... So i wanted to try my chance again :)

I could not figure out which file or lines to delete from camera folder, maybe some of you or outlaw can help me about it :roll:
VOLVO POWER "F"OREVER
Check out my Oldies on WoT: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... ?id=225087
Zs0rbz

#547 Post by Zs0rbz » 17 Jan 2023 10:53

I was wondering if you could make the top of the grill housing more straight as the actual 359 as it is straight but the mod has it slanted just wondering if you can fix it!
DEVILintheclouds

#548 Post by DEVILintheclouds » 28 Jan 2023 04:49

Am I the only one not showing any manual transmissions? I have the Real Eaton Fuller mod installed and that doesn't seem to be compatible with this truck and the mod only has Eaton Ultrashifts and Allison transmissions.
The_SimTrucker

#549 Post by The_SimTrucker » 28 Jan 2023 08:58

The Real Eaton Fuller mod most likely does not have the truck name "outlaw.359" in it. So then the transmissions will not show up for this 359. You can try to update the Eaton Fuller mod by copying a sub-directory from another truck to "outlaw.359" and then update the names in the transmission *.sii files.
ChiliBeef

#550 Post by ChiliBeef » 28 Jan 2023 23:42

Well, that's interesting. The fallback truck generated a lot of errors:

Code: Select all

<ERROR> Truck data is missing! Trying to use a fallback truck!
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/bumper/shape01.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/bumper/shape01.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/sideskirt/shape01a.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/sideskirt/shape01a.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/exhaust/359exhaust1.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/exhaust/359exhaust1.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/mudflaps/shape01.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/mudflaps/shape01.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/mudguard/shape03.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/mudguard/shape03.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/filters/shape05.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/filters/shape05.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/cabflares/shape01.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/cabflares/shape01.sii)
<ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/steering_w/default.sii' in the read_only mode.
<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/steering_w/default.sii)
<ERROR> Missing accessory (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/steering_w/default.sii) replaced by (/def/vehicle/truck/outlaw.359/accessory/steering_w/1.sii).
<WARNING> [resource_task] Default temporary buffer is insufficient while reading '/vehicle/truck/peterbilt_359/truck.pmg' with size 43837028
Looking at the fallback.peterbilt_359.sii file I saw that it was calling for some objects that are not labeled correctly. And, there is no sideskirt folder but a sidepanels folder.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.

Return to “Trucks”