[REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
The Dude

Re: [REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

#511 Post by The Dude » 02 Dec 2022 05:20

bflett2006, it's easy to add this truck to slav jerrys engine mod.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
SlavJerry

#512 Post by SlavJerry » 02 Dec 2022 09:12

The Dude wrote: 02 Dec 2022 05:20 bflett2006, it's easy to add this truck to slav jerrys engine mod.
plus my mods are integrated with CAST for more convenience to make my engines support the truck you want
(intructions are in description of each mods)
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
ChiliBeef

#513 Post by ChiliBeef » 02 Dec 2022 12:20

My mind was stuck at looking at it from the perspective of adding files to the truck from the engine pack, not the other way around. Also, I'm not familiar with Slav Jerry's engine mod (nor heard about it until today), only Kriechbaum's; however I tend to take certain engine sounds and add them directly to whatever truck mod I'm running.

You can assume that I'm arguing if it makes you feel better, but that's not here nor there. I'm looking at it in a pragmatic way, not a "Well, I'm a programmer so I know what I'm talking about and that's that." way. It's easy to say, "Oh, it's simple, you don't need to know anything, anyone can figure it out." when you're familiar with it and understand it. That's not what you're comprehending. You find it easy because you've been doing it for a long time. You're not seeing it through the eyes of a complete beginner. You need to see it from another perspective, a realistic standpoint. Not everyone's brain works the same way as yours, nor will they work how you want them to. Some people are going to find it difficult. I'll give an analogy. I've worked on cars as a hobby for 23 years; I'm not going to look at someone who doesn't know the first thing about cars and go, "Oh, it's easy to swap out the stock air intake and put in a cold air system." Sure, it's easy for me because I understand what the parts do and what needs to be removed because I've done it enough to be familiar with it, but I'm not going to think just anyone can do it right off the bat.

Think of it this way: if it WAS so easy, why are there still users asking how to do it?
When you're familiar with something, it's easy. When you're not, it's not. ;)
Last edited by ChiliBeef on 02 Dec 2022 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
xXCARL1992Xx

#514 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Dec 2022 12:28

a user asked it Outlaw could make it compatible, and i think Outlaw knows a fair bit how to do it because he also made compatibility patches for 2 other sound mods, so yes, no big work involved for HIM because he know how def files work, the user didnt ask how he should do it

and it also doesnt really matter wich way you do it it is the same but a truck mod should never be made compatible for an engine/sound mod, it has always to be the other way around
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
ChiliBeef

#515 Post by ChiliBeef » 02 Dec 2022 12:49

You are correct, the user did ask for it to be made compatible with the truck and not the other way around. I interpreted their request as making the truck mod compatible with the engine sounds, which I pictured going into the files and copying over and/or renaming them so they worked in unison.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
Oxferd_Gaming

#516 Post by Oxferd_Gaming » 03 Dec 2022 00:05

So just downloaded the truck mod and man I am impressed, @Outlaw you did an amazing job at designing every part on this truck, including making it FPS friendly as well, I love every part of it, never driven or used an actual Peterbilt 359 in ATS, so I have to thank you for making something free, I appreciate your work brother, keep up the great work, hope to see other truck mods like this in the near future.
I there I'm glad to meet you! Feel free to visit any of my links down below! :D
My YouTube Channel
My "WOT" Profile
My Steam Profile
My ROBLOX Profile
My mods I've been working on for ATS
Discord - 0xferd#7939
ChiliBeef

#517 Post by ChiliBeef » 04 Dec 2022 14:52

I love this truck. Customization is fun, but sometimes it's nice to have a simpler, honest truck without all the flash.
GHOSTRIDER-67

#518 Post by GHOSTRIDER-67 » 05 Dec 2022 18:57

Thank you so much for this timeless classic bro, Classic Pete's is a different world for me 8-)

I only have one question: How can i make camera-5(looking back from side window) angel to default setting again? It stands too far since your truck is activated, and it affects some other trucks too :roll:
VOLVO POWER "F"OREVER
Check out my Oldies on WoT: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... ?id=225087
jarryed

#519 Post by jarryed » 05 Dec 2022 22:47

Why are there amber turn singal lights inside the red marker lights on the rear light bar? This is the custom light bar with 4 lights. This actually should be checked for all the light bar options.

American trucks do not have amber lighting inside red lights. Turn signals should be red. Extremely unrealistic as it is right now. Can you fix this please?

Might not ever be looked at because I am blocked by the creator.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
ChiliBeef

#520 Post by ChiliBeef » 06 Dec 2022 00:04

@jarryed Dude, I think you need to relax on the amber lights thing. ;) All you had to say was, "Hey, the rear turn signals light up as amber." and leave it at that; you didn't need to go on a tangent about it. :lol: Also, those aren't marker lights; they're parking/indicator combo lights.

Return to “Trucks”