[REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DimanUSA

Re: [REL] Peterbilt 359 - RELEASE!

#471 Post by DimanUSA » 21 Nov 2022 15:19

ChiliBeef wrote: 21 Nov 2022 11:26 @DimanUSA The images come up as broken, unfortunately.
Weird. I repeat on another site:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
I speak English fluently... with a dictionary!
ChiliBeef

#472 Post by ChiliBeef » 21 Nov 2022 15:46

@DimanUSA Still broken. Are you clicking on "Preview" before posting to ensure your pictures show up correctly? And, it looks like @Madkine fixed the image tag on your previous post as the images now show up. Leave it to him to bring order and civility to the chaos of this forum. :mrgreen:

If I may make a suggestion on your GPS, you should increase the size of the font that says "Speed Limit". It's very tiny.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
DimanUSA

#473 Post by DimanUSA » 21 Nov 2022 16:06

@ChiliBeef
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I do this: in the 'preview' I insert a link to the image, then I select it and press the 'insert imadge' button, then I click on the link and it opens. (Am I doing it right?)
According to the numbers on the speed limit: increased them in height and slightly reduced in width.
[ external image ]
ChiliBeef

#474 Post by ChiliBeef » 21 Nov 2022 16:26

@DimanUSA It could be that the image hosting site you're using doesn't like to play nice. I tried uploading a picture with imgbb as an experiment and I got the same broken image picture. I uploaded the same picture into my Imgur account and it worked fine.

And, you misunderstood what I said about the speed limit. I said "increase the size of the font that says "Speed Limit". It's very tiny." I didn't say the numbers were small. I said the words "Speed Limit" were small.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
n1cky1992

#475 Post by n1cky1992 » 21 Nov 2022 17:31

While @Outlaw Transport busy IRL and working on update, I decided to make some add-on for his truck (for personal use).
I usually like to drive with hood mirrors (It gives me more visibility while driving)
So I learned some easy-level Blender stuff and have added some hood mirrors for myself.
I know that Outlaw will do them in future and this will be very good, but until it's done so I will use my add-on, then after he made hood mirrors by himself, I will use his original version of mirrors.
So here is my result
001.jpg
002.jpg
First 2 mirrors use 100 of model from SCS Pete 389, 3rd one is taken from Viper 379\389.
I am not pretending to authorship, I just have made it for personal use.
Just a guy from Belarus. So my English are not so good. Sorry about it =)
DimanUSA

#476 Post by DimanUSA » 21 Nov 2022 17:34

@ChiliBeef Yes, I don't like it either. But, if I increase it, then the inscription will not fit within the boundaries of the sign and the letters will be transferred to the line below, if I remember the principle correctly. There is only one way out - to return the old speed limit sign.
ChiliBeef

#477 Post by ChiliBeef » 21 Nov 2022 17:50

@DimanUSA There is a way to have it scaled correctly: put Speed and Limit onto their own faces. I'm assuming you have Speed Limit together on one face. Any other concerns with it would be best to create a new thread; we don't want to threadjack this post from any updates Outlaw may mention.
DimanUSA

#478 Post by DimanUSA » 21 Nov 2022 19:09

@ChiliBeef yes, you are absolutely right. We stop the discussion is not related to the topic.
Desperado

#479 Post by Desperado » 21 Nov 2022 19:25

hello, are you planning to implement the red oversize flags on the front bumper?
I saw a video (just can't find it anymore :-( !), the right round additional mirror was positioned a little differently and was easier to see.
camera no. 5 is like the one with a giraffe's neck, i.e. too far out, as has already been mentioned.
otherwise a really good mod, I explored texas with it, just without the flags and the modest right additional mirror, as far as the view is concerned.
Please keep improving and updating - thanks!
Always drive safely and appropriately - in simulation as well as in real life ;)
iateabadtaco

#480 Post by iateabadtaco » 23 Nov 2022 00:42

I've noticed that the mirrors feel like there mounted to far forward compared to the 359 IRL. From the interior the window pillar blocks the passenger side mirror
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARC-AQ

Return to “Trucks”