When will it be fixed ?

angrybirdseller

Re: When will it be fixed ?

#31 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Apr 2022 13:29

Changing game engine won't happen! What scs does the engine evolves overtime. Far easier to use existing prism engine and build on to it. Some just need to find new game to play as ATS and ETS2 are not setup to thier liking it's driving game at this point.
55sixxx

#32 Post by 55sixxx » 19 Apr 2022 14:50

Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Apr 2022 12:45 Not agree on that 55sixxx To request improvements in graphics should not depend on the scope of the game; the base request is fair since the moment SCS clearly wants to depict realism and the technologies exist already to improve. What it's wrong is the way some people pretends SCS to apply those improvements. Not having a single idea about what's programming or using APIs and engines but pretend to dictate what SCS has to do based in "other games I like use that engine" is what it's absurd. SCS of course (and any other developer) will ignore that kind of claims. But that not avoid the forums get flooded with that kind of useless request plus the derivatives: complains because SCS doesn't listen their great ideas.

Isn't even wrong, on an essential level, to make that kind of absurd requests; because nobody is forced to know why are they absurd. The point is, when lots of people that know it better told somebody why the request is absurd and that person keep insisting; then there's somebody who has a serious problem about not wanting to face Real World®.

Regards
I'm talking about what that guy posted a few replies above mine (The one with a load of pictures), not the whole thread itself. ETS2 and ATS could and should get graphic improvements but that does not mean SCS has to change to a whole different engine just to replicate to perfection nature landscapes. Because after all, you'll be seeing everything from the inside of the truck cab.
Some newbie driver

#33 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Apr 2022 15:23

Yes, I understood you replied him. I maybe not explained well enough. I mean its fair to ask for better graphics, even if some people (not all) are going to see everything from the cabin only. Whatever the intention of the game would be and the way we played it doesn't change the fact there's ways to improve a lot the realism of the graphics because the technologies exist and SCS clearly want to search that kind of realism. The demand is fair, it doesn't mean is the best possibility or the thing that should be prioritary to improve, but it's a fair request. Would SCS games had a cartoonish look by design, complains about lack of realism wouldn't be fair, for example.

Problem comes when people aren't realistic with the kind of demand they do, specially with the real amount of time, effort and money they would require. Not to talk about that wrong habit to think only what others have (and say "I want this") but don't notice what others could lack and would become a problem. Somebody already put an example about how the "marvelous UE" has some not-so-fit physics that some developers using that engine had to kick away.

And the problem worsen when people insist on those demands ignoring facts and explanations give to them by other people who has way higher knowledge on the matter. Then, what could be fair request, that SCS could or not consider, end being useless discussions, background noise nobody would care.

Regards
Optional Features

#34 Post by Optional Features » 19 Apr 2022 16:38

55sixxx wrote: 19 Apr 2022 11:44 You're a truck driver, driving a truck, paying attention to the road from the inside of the cab... I'm sorry dude, but I'll have to agree with the rest of the people here. This isn't a sandbox game that you'd walk everywhere and go out in the nature exploring and sight seeing. From what ETS2 and ATS is (A truck DRIVING sim), SCS manages to represent nature very impressively... Still have doubts? Go look the Austria blog posts and you'll see what I mean.
And I'm a car driver, driving a car on a road from inside a cab, and most of these places I pulled into a rest area or pullout to take a pic.

If you're driving a semi in the same place, you would see the same view, from inside the cab. Or you would pull over like I did to take a break.

So unless you drive exclusively at night, I'm not sure how you'd miss a 12k foot mountain. I also don't know how you'd miss the light from the sun unless you were driving in a cave.
dsf.fernando

#35 Post by dsf.fernando » 19 Apr 2022 19:39

Madkine wrote: 19 Apr 2022 07:51 UE5 is fine if you want a map that's 20km * 20km.
And that, even in 1:19, isn't even enough to make Portugal completely as SCS made it
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
MatzMan

#36 Post by MatzMan » 20 Apr 2022 08:15

WOW,WOW,WOW..............Stop

i was only ask about somw small Thinks, not more.

I don't thinks it is a Engine Problem, i mean, it is a Home maked Problem, will say, a BUG,

Look here again, only every second Barrier popping up, it cant be a Engine Problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytITzLtGjM

i never said, i have now a Big Computer and SCS have now to give me big Graphics.
I got buy a new one while i had very big Problems with the new Light effects ( very big FPS Drops )

it can't be right, if a Player have f.x. a GTX 1060 6GB and still have FPS Drops.
i got tested it, and got set the Resolution down to 640x480 with the 1060 and still got FPS from 60 down to 30 FPS after the new Light Update.
This is, was i am talking about, SCS making new, unfinish Updates and doesn't fix the old Problems.
There are sooooo many Bugs inside ETS2 and ATS, why does SCS not working more on this ?
No, we have to search Eggs now.
One of a very big Problem is the Speed Limit:

one Time, GPS says you can drive 90, and i have to pay by Police while drive 75 in this Area.
next time on another Place i drive 80.....Pass City Sign and the limit is still on 80 ( inside City ? )
other example: in Denmark ( Scandinavia DLC ), since 3 Years is the Speedlimit got Updated from 70 to 80 in real, but not on ETS2.
Please test it selv, activate Police and try to drive like real, you will get a Burnout with all this Bugs.

or another Stupid Feature:

WorldofTrucks:

SCS got make really good anti Cheat Features for WOT Contracts, no FlyCam landing via F9, no Jumping from Service to Service via F7, you will loose your Cargo, i love it, good Feature.
and then, now SCS make it possible to cheat 1200 km by Ferry ?
Can anyone tell me whats Whrong ?
Another Problem, specially on ATS is all this unfinished Map Fragments.

there are Pixel outside Map, and if you dont make that Yellow, you never will get 100% Map.
Same there, make a selv Test: start with new Profile and start ATS only with BaseMap without Free Nevada, this will i not call a Map.

Outher Side, all this unfinished Streets.

Look here f.x.:
Unfinished Restarea and finished Restarea, and this around complete Map:

[ external image ]

will be nice to hear, what other User's thinking about it.
it is still a Simulator, and not a MP Racing Game.
brotrechner

#37 Post by brotrechner » 20 Apr 2022 08:28

It doesn't matter how good your computer is if the software can't utilize it. It's like adding more wheels to a truck and expecting it to go faster - more isn't better if it can't be utilized.

What SCS would need to do for you to get what you want is rip the whole game apart and make it in a new engine. AKA make ETS3. Maybe one day...
please remember to be nice to your fellow internet users (✿ =‿‿=)
plykkegaard

#38 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Apr 2022 09:03

As explained a lot of times, the engine is single core atm
You need a CPU with a high clock speed in order to the game well

I have an older PC with an i7 4770K processor running 4.2 Ghz, hyperthreading disabled and a GTC 1080 TI GPU
Runs the game pretty well imo

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
brotrechner

#39 Post by brotrechner » 20 Apr 2022 14:12

plykkegaard wrote: 20 Apr 2022 09:03 As explained a lot of times, the engine is single core atm
You need a CPU with a high clock speed in order to the game well

I have an older PC with an i7 4770K processor running 4.2 Ghz, hyperthreading disabled and a GTC 1080 TI GPU
Runs the game pretty well imo
that is what my metaphor was referencing, yes...
please remember to be nice to your fellow internet users (✿ =‿‿=)
Shiva

#40 Post by Shiva » 20 Apr 2022 16:05

seriousmods wrote: 19 Apr 2022 08:18Not sure if it's come to UE5, but for UE4, someone released a map of the whole world.
Ok, that is interesting, regardless if UE4 or Unreal Engine 5.
Any links?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”