When will it be fixed ?

SabR

Re: When will it be fixed ?

#11 Post by SabR » 16 Apr 2022 14:41

wato wrote: 16 Apr 2022 14:06 Yeah, the anti analyzing definitely needs to be fixed :lol:
:lol: :lol: you evil man :mrgreen:
cut him some slack, might be a non-English user

but other than the above reason, I totally agree :D
nodin747

#12 Post by nodin747 » 18 Apr 2022 17:57

Bad sebor marketing politics. I said many times, scs should use ue5 engine cos their engine outdated af, nobody listen. Scs dont interesting in new researches and engine deveop coz its need much time and people. They do cash and it is going good
astrovox

#13 Post by astrovox » 18 Apr 2022 18:24

nodin747 wrote: 18 Apr 2022 17:57 Bad sebor marketing politics. I said many times, scs should use ue5 engine cos their engine outdated af, nobody listen. Scs dont interesting in new researches and engine deveop coz its need much time and people. They do cash and it is going good
+1 .
pigbrother

#14 Post by pigbrother » 18 Apr 2022 18:36

Because changing to a totally different engine is like changing a pair of socks. Those who talk like this have never wrote a line of code in their life but they have strong opinions about things they don’t understand,
I have approximate knowledge of many things
xXCARL1992Xx

#15 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2022 18:39

there wont be a change, if they, hypothetically, do it, they would sell it to you again for 60€ because every copy made with Unreal Engine over a certain amount of income, Epic gets a margin from it, and they are not stupid to say no to already 10 million sold copies, we are also omitting the fact that we would lose at least 50% of the trucks we have, and potentially 5 years of development time only to get the basemap again + all mods those people are so fond of are virtual garbage at that point and i bet with you 99% of the mods will never be seen again because of how horrendous the Unreal Engine is for mod making, so small def edits wont be doable anymore at all

also, 2x the royalty payments to Epic because they have 2 games, if you think they will keep those relatively low pricing with a, hypothetical, switch to Unreal you are pretty naive
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#16 Post by JoeAlex23 » 18 Apr 2022 19:57

^ What he said, also, SCS can make their own game engine do exactly what they want and how they want it, they have full control of it and will never own loyalties to anyone else.
55sixxx

#17 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Apr 2022 20:27

nodin747 wrote: 18 Apr 2022 17:57 Bad sebor marketing politics. I said many times, scs should use ue5 engine cos their engine outdated af, nobody listen. Scs dont interesting in new researches and engine deveop coz its need much time and people. They do cash and it is going good
UE5 is PoS overrated engine that gets too much hype around it... I can't even begin to count how many games I've come across that looks almost exactly like one another due to UE... Overdone glows, blurs and wetspots are what makes players say "awesome" but once you get up close to an object you can still see tons of pixelated textures and unrealistic artifacts and stuff (The name of it fits like a glove, unreal.).
xXCARL1992Xx

#18 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2022 20:30

thats because Indie developer are the first to use the new engines and they never use the full potential of what it is capable of, you need to wait for the real big games, Crystal Dynamics is working on a new Tomb Raider and switched to UE5, CDPR is working on a new Witcher based on UE5, and if you want to see the real potential you have to look for films where it is used, the tools are only as good as the people using them und from what we saw the demos showed (ofc, not all of them will be able to run real time on all hardware) UE5 is, atm, the top with their new technologies like Nanite and Lumen
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
omsi_sw

#19 Post by omsi_sw » 18 Apr 2022 21:00

Why nobody answers about this bug?

viewtopic.php?p=1634682#p1634682
Some newbie driver

#20 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Apr 2022 21:05

UE5 isn't neither glorious or overrated. It's a tool that has a potential and offers some capabilities with a cost (in money, in time training, in knowledge to use it properly...). Studios that would consider the balance cost/benefit weight in its favor will use UE, studios that don't see that happening will not. SCS devs has stated lots of times UE isn't a good option for them, plain and simple.

People continuously asking for it to be used in the game are oversimplifying something they have zero idea about: "I like a lot game A. Game A uses UE. I like but not so much SCS games. I would like a lot more SCS games if they would use UE." Zero brain effort is needed to make such a (flawed) logic chain; thus very tempting on an era in which the trend is not to be tired thinking at all.

People complain because whatever the number of programmers SCS had take long to release feature XYZ. The same people demands those programmers would shift the whole game code, the developing tools and their working pipeline to a different engine that, of course, they will master since day one. Because, as everybody knows, all of this can be done in a finger snap, way faster than any game feature can be added. Such absurd showcases of absolute ignorance makes me thing sometimes if people requesting those things know what to have a job is. Because the very mentality of things happening just on a finger snap used to be seen only on children.

Regards

PS: Because it isn't a bug at all omsi_sw. IRL both kind of trailer steering exist. The game just depicts ONE of those systems and not the other.

Return to “General discussion about the game”