When will it be fixed ?

Optional Features

Re: When will it be fixed ?

#41 Post by Optional Features » 20 Apr 2022 16:10

Shiva wrote: 20 Apr 2022 16:05
seriousmods wrote: 19 Apr 2022 08:18Not sure if it's come to UE5, but for UE4, someone released a map of the whole world.
Ok, that is interesting, regardless if UE4 or Unreal Engine 5.
Any links?
Looks like several people are trying to bring it to 5, which would mean UE5 would support a map the size of Earth, which is larger than the SCS map.

Here you go:

https://cesium.com/platform/cesium-for-unreal/
Shiva

#42 Post by Shiva » 20 Apr 2022 17:39

Cheers.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
MatzMan

#43 Post by MatzMan » 05 May 2022 20:03

The same on ATS.......

This Bug exist since the Mexico DLC is out and never will be fixed ( Roof Landing to make Map Yellow ).

And on the Black Sea DLC at ETS 2 the same Bugs now.

I got reported it so many Times, but i think it is more important to give User in Game Money back if a Mod doesn't work, while we don't have enough in Game Money an make Cut View Scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oErtMMXzRus

PS: Video was maked on Beta 1.44
johnny_91

#44 Post by johnny_91 » 07 May 2022 21:11

I wait for antialiasing since 1.35 and im still on 1.35 cause since SCS went DX11, the game looks like a technoparty from the late 90`s. Shimmering, flickering, outwashed trees, an overall blurry image and so on. Seems like SCS doesn`t care at all. Two years now (or even more) and nothing is comming in that direction. Its sad to see a game, that somehow is meant to calm you down and to look around into the distance, has become that utterly ugly.

I gave up on this and play 1.35 forever i think and wait for Truckworld Australia.
Shiva

#45 Post by Shiva » 07 May 2022 21:58

MatzMan, do you mean the bug you reported here viewtopic.php?p=1521087#p1521087 ?
Your bug reporting need to be better.

And your video you linked above? Okay, it is in Redding. And guess what, it seems to be fixed in the latest patch.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
MatzMan

#46 Post by MatzMan » 28 Jun 2022 11:05

Now after a little bit looking, i fixed it now by myself.

Bad Standard Shadows : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGGud6aJs8E

Fixed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wgrtBIW_nc

Bad popping Tractors : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdEbo9FQCRQ

Fixed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8P2hHdWfm0

It was a heavy big 3 MB fix...................... unbelievable.

And the Answer of my direct Mail to Support was: CAN'T BE FIXED.
pewpewpewdotzz

#47 Post by pewpewpewdotzz » 30 Jun 2022 14:30

i mean u can tell us how u fixed it
MatzMan

#48 Post by MatzMan » 01 Jul 2022 14:54

incorrect Question ....it must be: When will SCS begin to fix old Bugs like this :?

But i'm just working on more Videos at moment ( up popping Lights, Houses and more ).
Optional Features

#49 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 17:50

Unlikely they will be fixed at all. There are a number of old bugs that just kinda get moved from one patch to the next.
Brian Benton

#50 Post by Brian Benton » 04 Jul 2022 10:37

@MatzMan, I think all of this will probably be fixed in/within a few decades. ETS2/ATS graphics from the very release and currently look sad. So far, in every graphical update, the initially disgusting base with pixel shadows, soapy reflections, without anti-aliasing is simply polished (it's 2022, DLSS, FSR, TAA ...). The picture is cartoonish and overexposed almost 100% of the time. Low resolution skyboxes. There is some kind of trouble with the white color in the game, and so on ...

"Graphic mods" basically have the same effect as SCS updates. Okay, high-res skyboxes, slightly edited ambient values, diffusions in the in-game weather editor... And what does it change? Absolutely nothing. Feces with garlic or feces with onions. The basic part of the graphics is still primitive.

I personally gave up on this game about a year ago, because my health worsens and my eyes hurt from everything that happens on the monitor at ultra graphics settings, 1080p, 400% zoom (anti-aliasing through the Nvidia Inspector only "smoothes" the edges, but does not change graphics). Some "especially literate" patients, including those on this forum, in all seriousness suggest using the maximum DSR value in combination with a game 400% scaling as anti-aliasing for 1080p, as well as increasing the shadow resolution from standard 4096 to transcendental values ​​... And the fact that for the bar of 60 FPS in the game in technical terms of 2010-2012 they will need a config with a top-end video card at a fabulous price does not bother them.

Now I just run the game occasionally for an hour to see the next decoration innovations. A game with such graphics does not give any emotions, except for the desire to throw the monitor in the trash and start killing. And we only touched on the graphic part. I'm not a hater and not everything is so bad, of course. It's just that I'm very sad that my favorite and only game has not received proper development in terms of gameplay and graphical improvements for 10 years. We are all treading water at the level of single-core processor support in an age when 4-8 cores for a home PC is already commonplace. We turn anti-aliasing with technologies from the beginning of the 2000s, stupidly doing upscaling, and as a result we get insane costs of GPU resources. And the whole gameplay comes down to viewing the landscapes outside the window and there is absolutely no motivation to start the game again, because of the achievements we are offered to earn billions of game currency in a couple of real days and buy up all the garages in Europe. I want realism, when every penny of the money earned will be given with difficulty, and real responsibility will be felt for the condition of the cargo and equipment.

Return to “General discussion about the game”