ATS 1.44 Discussion

angrybirdseller

Re: ATS 1.44 Discussion

#661 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 May 2022 13:33

South America will be seperate truck simulator and Australia won't take more than five years. Still, not going to make China truck sim, but Japan and South Korea is possible.
parasaurolophus67

#662 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 14 May 2022 13:35

That I know I'm saying they would continue the trucks series after Euro and American truck simulator with those continents.
The Dude

#663 Post by The Dude » 14 May 2022 14:18

Believe me when SCS gets through with ATS they'll move on to ATS2 as they did with ETS. If my memory serves me right SCS never got past version 1.31 with any previous game including "Scania Truck simulator", "ETS", "German Truck simulator" and so on, always moving on to the next project, the next stepping stone. To be honest this game is getting a little "long in the tooth" compared to other simulations and games, I'm not going to fall into that trap of comparing it to some big name studio with an unlimited budget like so many have here and on Steam, because I know SCS is a small company compared to others, but with that being said there is no excuse not to move into the future.

Right now the graphics industry is moving at lightning speed and as a game developer if you don't move with them you're going to get left behind, period, no matter how good you think your game is. With company's like AMD, Intel and Nvidia pushing the boundary's of graphics technology today, most of the companies I've had the fortunate pleasure of dealing with have made huge changes to keep interest in there games, even going as far as rebuilding there game from the ground up with a whole new game engine, which can be done with no impact to the player base, other than improving the experience overall with improved graphics and performance to boot and let's face it, because at the end of the day that's what it's really all about, "The Experience".

I try to sound optimistic for the future and I understand the negative commit's as well even though some people here are a little over passionate with there opinions which I understand, but also seeing there is a whole lot of room for improvement with both ATS and ETS2. It's been great learning experience over the years for me all in all, but I hope SCS moves into the future which is happening "now".

Keeping with the topic, 1.44 so far has been good and I can't wait to see what's in store.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
parasaurolophus67

#664 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 14 May 2022 14:22

@The Dude buddy an ats2 is very unlikely due to restarting EVERYTHING. What they would do is something different then repeating the same continent. Like Australia, lots of new stuff to see for people that haven't been there.
plykkegaard

#665 Post by plykkegaard » 14 May 2022 14:55

Yeah Australia could be likely
But before this I'd like to see a huge improvement in gameplay before I use more if my money

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Marcello Julio

#666 Post by Marcello Julio » 14 May 2022 16:25

Pavel said there are plans for Mexico and Canada after the US is completed. An ATS2 is definitely not going to happen. Now making a game in a new continent is more likely, like Australia for example.
The Dude

#667 Post by The Dude » 14 May 2022 20:40

Never say definitely when it comes to SCS.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
xXCARL1992Xx

#668 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 May 2022 20:41

there is a definitely, a second iteration doesnt make sense, those games are build to be updated constantly until it is over, i have serious doubts SCS would go thorough all the hassle again to make another ATS or ETS
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JeeF

#669 Post by JeeF » 14 May 2022 21:15

Where they go next is irrelevant to me. What matters if what type of game they'll make.
If it's another drive-from-point-A-to-point-B-with-minimum-interaction-with-truck-and-cargo type of game, a different scenario outside the window won't be enough to make it interesting. Even if it's on Mars.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
_Roger_

#670 Post by _Roger_ » 14 May 2022 21:16

The Dude wrote: 14 May 2022 14:18 Believe me when SCS gets through with ATS they'll move on to ATS2 as they did with ETS. If my memory serves me right SCS never got past version 1.31 with any previous game including "Scania Truck simulator", "ETS", "German Truck simulator" and so on
What, they never released more than 31 updates with any of their other games? Did any make it past 5? ETS1 might have got to 1.5, or maybe it was just 1.3, which would explain why you said 1.31, which if that is the case is totally meanigless since SCS could of called their updates 1.0.3, 1.0.31 or anything they wanted and still not be past 1.31.

And a bunch of behind the times games with low player bases and no room or plans for expansion were only updated a few times? I don't believe you and I doubt anyone else does either. Your reasoning makes 0 sense.

Return to “General discussion about the game”