ATS 1.45 speculation

axl135

Re: ATS 1.45 speculation

#131 Post by axl135 » 11 May 2022 17:15

The possibility of being overweight will give the 8x4 and 8x6 an actual purpose to be included, other than the “cool” factor. Currently, I don’t bother with having four axles on the tractor, since the game does not make it necessary, even for heavy haul. Therefore, I saw no reason to have to deal with the longer wheel base and heftier curb weight.
VTXcnME

#132 Post by VTXcnME » 11 May 2022 17:29

@axl135

I ran it for about a week, until I realized exactly that.

The super large turning radius wasn't worth the cool guy factor. I'm back to two rear axles. Trying to back a load in some places with a 53ft trailer and 8x6 chassis was..... well, dumb.
flight50

#133 Post by flight50 » 11 May 2022 23:37

VTXcnME wrote: 11 May 2022 14:21 You'd be able to look at Wallbert and see they had cargos A, B, and C that are all going to the same destination. you'll need 8 slots to carry it all. Oh, look, if I get my rocky mountain double, or the triple trailer set up I can haul all of it. Or for convoy mode: There's a load requiring 11 slots. Hey buddy, I'll take this part, you take that part, and we'll deliver together. Just that alone would increase the immersion of the game by a HUGE amount.
I like how that was worded. That's definitely immersive. Either you get a lcv that complies with states you cross, make several trips back and forth or haul in convoy like you said. This is the contract scenario several have mentioned on here before. Its all about using the best method to haul cargo from point A to B or point A thru Z if multi drop is involved. I'm sure a lot of things we mention are complicated for the programmers to pull off but at some point, some innovation will do wonders for the game.
howey

#134 Post by howey » 12 May 2022 04:03

Now that air suspension is a thing in game the last off the list for me will be a button or switch to manually activate the horton fan so you could simulate engine temps to a certain degree under constant load at least.
Optional Features

#135 Post by Optional Features » 12 May 2022 04:38

VTXcnME wrote: 11 May 2022 14:21 Or for convoy mode: There's a load requiring 11 slots. Hey buddy, I'll take this part, you take that part, and we'll deliver together. Just that alone would increase the immersion of the game by a HUGE amount.

It'd be more planning than just show up at location A pick up invisible cargo or some repetitive preset and deliver to location B.
That's similar to what I mentioned with the oil rig example. I counted almost 40 truckloads of cargo in one prefab, plus loose stuff on the ground. Imagine 8 friends getting together to haul all of those loads together: that would be a fun time.

And if they made it where stuff "disappeared" as it was hauled, it would really add to the immersion.
Izmaragon

#136 Post by Izmaragon » 12 May 2022 12:47

Perhaps something they should include is a line in the config file at least about turning "classic" fast travel on, for those of us who actually want and expect travel to take time.

Maybe tankers will finally come to the next update.... It would be nice, although they could simply revamp the "food" tanker trailer to something like the box trailer and leave the cargo dispersion for whenever they get a branded tanker in the game.

I always thought they did something weird with the "food" tanker category as it was...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
VTXcnME

#137 Post by VTXcnME » 12 May 2022 13:38

flight50 wrote: 11 May 2022 23:37 I like how that was worded. That's definitely immersive. Either you get a lcv that complies with states you cross, make several trips back and forth or haul in convoy like you said. This is the contract scenario several have mentioned on here before. Its all about using the best method to haul cargo from point A to B or point A thru Z if multi drop is involved. I'm sure a lot of things we mention are complicated for the programmers to pull off but at some point, some innovation will do wonders for the game.
I'm sure it's a bit of an ask- that level of immersion. Not being a code guy or designer/ developer- maybe a lot more than i think.

I do know that driving an 18 wheeler is all about hauling cargo. That's the primary purpose. Driving technically and following appropriate rules I would say is a close sercond.

As we've all discussed and for the most part agree.... cargo portion of the game needs massive work. I can overlook the sky boxes being low res. The ground level detail is okay where it is. New trucks would be nice but at this point- not priority. If there was a way for them to focus some development into cargo- immediate improvement to the game.

I think a node based system makes sense with various cargos requiring a certain number of node spaces on the trailer.
Optional Features

#138 Post by Optional Features » 12 May 2022 15:08

If they do implement it, I hope they make each cargo piece use one node, but prevent overlap. Otherwise, it's likely they'll make each piece of cargo exactly the size of the slot(s), when some cargo should be larger (up to an including overwidth), and some should be smaller.
VTXcnME

#139 Post by VTXcnME » 12 May 2022 21:45

Some stuff I could see taking up two nodes. Or if it's large- like roof trusses- all node slots (4 or 5 depending how they do it).

Over size- over dimension stuff- at this point if it still fell under the special transport for now.... at least it'd be a step in the right direction.
nodin747

#140 Post by nodin747 » 12 May 2022 22:39

1.45 will bring sound enchancement, better lighting, correct tonnel lighting, pbr materials, correct AI behavour, new economics, particle system, new trailer and territory

Return to “General discussion about the game”