ATS 1.45 speculation

Brendan0620

Re: ATS 1.45 speculation

#121 Post by Brendan0620 » 10 May 2022 16:31

So 1.44 officially came out of BETA today, that means that I can tell my speculation for 1.45!

Speculation:
-DX12 (and many other game engine changes, like Multi-core support)
-Montana DLC Compatibility
-General Bug Fixes
-FMOD/Sound Improvements
-Gas Station Additions (Several new brands making the game and being added to the map)
-Wyoming US-14 Additions

I know it seems small, but there are several other things that could come but I am not expecting to come, in:
-Adaptive Cruise Control (was experimental in 1.44 but was taken out of it's official release, this could come in 1.45 but I'm not expecting it)
-AI Rework or Improvements (AI is always being reworked so it could come in 1.45 but I don't really know.)
-Driving School/Trucking Academy (SCS has been very silent on this feature, I think it could come in 1.45, I won't bet on it however because of the silence for almost a year and a half now.)

Longshots:
-Texas DLC Compatibility (not enough blogs so don't expect it for 1.45)
-California Phase III Rework (after watching the stream related to California, I don't see it coming in 1.45 at all.)
Last edited by Brendan0620 on 11 May 2022 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
Marcello Julio

#122 Post by Marcello Julio » 10 May 2022 17:26

For now I'm undecided on what I think 1.45 will be, but I believe some might be:
-Adaptive Cruise Control
-Emergency brake
-Full Wyoming US-14 road
TruckinDiesel

#123 Post by TruckinDiesel » 10 May 2022 17:43

Marcello Julio wrote: 10 May 2022 17:26 -Emergency brake
Is that the red octagonal air evac knob that's next to the yellow square diamond parking brake knob? The one thing that really annoyed me about ATS is how there's no separate control for the red knob.
flight50

#124 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2022 17:53

We haven't received that one big item for Spring. Hopefully it's coming for the Summer update. If lucky, it's a bug one.

1.45 should definitely be Montana. I don't think Montana is being made fully for DX12 though. That makes 1.46ob the DX12. We'd have to be in beta for a while to be stable enough to release Texas for 1.46. Unless Texas is 1.47 and Q1 of 2023.
VTXcnME

#125 Post by VTXcnME » 10 May 2022 18:02

I'm hoping 1.45 brings A state.... I was thinking texas, but I guess Montana is moving faster? Either way.... we need a state released. Wyoming was september of 21.... at this rate it's going to be dang close to a year since the last release, and Colorado before that was about 11 months.

I'm happy to get back to 2 states a year. This one every 11-ish months is killing me.

I would love for some of the cargo stuff from the cargo thread to be considered for 1.45. The update in 1.44 that included some physics of understeer was a nice add on and really added to the realism of driving a corner too hot. The vibration of missing a shift was a nice touch too. Certainly another thing to remind you to hit your marks.

Cargo I'm hoping becomes the focus as we head into Montana and Texas as both will add a LOT of diversity of new businesses (at least, they should). Cargo needs to be considered in the next updates I think. I like a lot of the ideas in cargo team thread. Lot of good jump off points for SCS team to ponder.

1.45 I still hope includes DX12 for multicore support. I'm hoping that can alleviate some of the draw distance/scenery pop issues. We'll see.
clifflandmark

#126 Post by clifflandmark » 11 May 2022 05:19

1.44 released.

1.45 : Cascadia paint 2022 paint :mrgreen:

Just joking. CA rebuild is nice.
Optional Features

#127 Post by Optional Features » 11 May 2022 05:42

VTXcnME wrote: 10 May 2022 18:02 Cargo I'm hoping becomes the focus as we head into Montana and Texas as both will add a LOT of diversity of new businesses (at least, they should). Cargo needs to be considered in the next updates I think. I like a lot of the ideas in cargo team thread. Lot of good jump off points for SCS team to ponder.
That cargo pool/node based load system idea that several of us are contributing to in various ways is a huge potential win for SCS. I really hope they are paying attention and will do something similar in the near future because even if they were to keep the number of cargo options low, we would be able to load things our own way, which means every load could differ a little. And right now, not even mods offer that.
flight50

#128 Post by flight50 » 11 May 2022 12:38

A node system for Cargo Markets would definitely add a tonnnnn of diversity and value to the games. It should really only get added to the Cargo Market for owned trailers. Push that aspect of the games. By mixing up your own loads that adds a lot of valve. But in order to get that system, multi drop has to be in place first. Otherwise, nodes won't do a whole lot. So in order we need:

1) multi drop (aka LTL)
2) functional weight stations, scales valid
3) cargo nod system
4) functional inspection stations

To get things going, start with def file cargoes. That would be dry van, reefers, sliding tarps and curtain siders (hopefully comes after tankers). Get those 2d pallet cargoes working nicely for multi drop. That can all be phase 1. Phase II, now bring in flatbeds, step decks and double step decks. Double step decks still have the top deck and rear decks to mount stuff. The game should have the ability to add up weights if they are just numbers. There can be a bar graph indicating that weight. Red is overweight, yellow borderline, green within limits. If you go into the red, that is when you increase your chances up to 90% lets say of getting fined for overweight. I won't go as far as the cops pulling you over because that only happened in 18 WoS from what I hear. I never played any of them. But we can definitely get fined at weigh stations. We should loose 24 hrs as a penalty as well increased tire wear but still allowed to deliver. Its about time management.

So 1-4 can all be phased in updates. Whether it happens first with 1.45 or not, no telling. SCS would have to already have been working on multi drop from previous year's request to make 1.45. We don't have to have them all at once either. Perhaps stretched out over 2-4 updates would be feasible.
VTXcnME

#129 Post by VTXcnME » 11 May 2022 14:21

flight50 wrote: 11 May 2022 12:38
To get things going, start with def file cargoes. That would be dry van, reefers, sliding tarps and curtain siders (hopefully comes after tankers). Get those 2d pallet cargoes working nicely for multi drop. That can all be phase 1. Phase II, now bring in flatbeds, step decks and double step decks. Double step decks still have the top deck and rear decks to mount stuff. The game should have the ability to add up weights if they are just numbers. There can be a bar graph indicating that weight. Red is overweight, yellow borderline, green within limits. If you go into the red, that is when you increase your chances up to 90% lets say of getting fined for overweight. I won't go as far as the cops pulling you over because that only happened in 18 WoS from what I hear. I never played any of them. But we can definitely get fined at weigh stations. We should loose 24 hrs as a penalty as well increased tire wear but still allowed to deliver. Its about time management.
Overweight should increase likelihood of trailer failure (roll over, blown out tires, jack-knife) along with likelihood you'll be fined. Even for someone who ran the game with the fine system off, there would still be ramifications for an over weight trailer. This is where the tandem trailers (or triples) with different lengths (rocky mountain doubles, B doubles, turnpike doubles etc) really start to shine. You'd be able to look at Wallbert and see they had cargos A, B, and C that are all going to the same destination. you'll need 8 slots to carry it all. Oh, look, if I get my rocky mountain double, or the triple trailer set up I can haul all of it. Or for convoy mode: There's a load requiring 11 slots. Hey buddy, I'll take this part, you take that part, and we'll deliver together. Just that alone would increase the immersion of the game by a HUGE amount.

It'd be more planning than just show up at location A pick up invisible cargo or some repetitive preset and deliver to location B.
Double M

#130 Post by Double M » 11 May 2022 15:10

It will be with 1.45 the moment of the arrival of the Driving School.

Return to “General discussion about the game”