why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

McFly

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#261 Post by McFly » 11 May 2022 18:54

Didn't say it was for kids, just said it's appropriate for kids, sorry if it sounded like I said it was a kids game :D
GTA online milking is a problem and while the game still has its fanbase and addicts its not really that great anymore and gets a huge amount of criticism especially in the last few years. No clue how it still manages to attract so many people tbh tho I gotta admit I wasted 1300+ hours on that mess

The point is both of these games can't be compared to a niche game like Ats in any way
My World of Trucks Page

English is not my first language, just trying my best.
angrybirdseller

#262 Post by angrybirdseller » 11 May 2022 22:08

GTA V it's pretty, but feels like game world and just mini misson no different than San Andreas or GTA III was years ago. ATS and ETS2 is popular as you can plug in and drive, and unlike racing sims where need 100% concentration.

GTA 6 will be prettier graphics than GTA 5, but there nothing different overall expect it eats up hard drive space.
JeeF

#263 Post by JeeF » 11 May 2022 23:52

angrybirdseller wrote: 11 May 2022 22:08 expect it eats up hard drive space.
Oh but storage is so cheap now days.
I've got over 10 TB of SSDs and M2 drives.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
Optional Features

#264 Post by Optional Features » 12 May 2022 03:55

@McFly I'll agree that GTA5 is an exceptional game, but don't think anyone has an accurate perception of how popular an open world driving game could be that focuses in tourism, commercial driving, and other related things. The reason is because no one has made this game yet.

The Crew 2 has the whole US, but it's designed only for high speed driving. ATS is hoping to have the whole US, but it's currently limited to an incredibly basic drop and hook without interaction version of trucking.

I think if the creators of Rig N Roll had made a modern game with a modern engine and the same storylines and content they had in theirs, it might have been way more popular than ATS. We'll never know.
Shiva

#265 Post by Shiva » 12 May 2022 09:37

The Crew 2, has the whole USA?!
All major roads?! Interstates?
Ok, googled it.
The Crew 1 or 2?, map https://www.ign.com/maps/the-crew/united-states .
The Crew 2, map https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comme ... f_and_jpg/
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
xXCARL1992Xx

#266 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 May 2022 11:31

The The Crew 1 and 2 map is smaller then ETS or ATS
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#267 Post by Optional Features » 12 May 2022 15:10

Shiva wrote: 12 May 2022 09:37 The Crew 2, has the whole USA?!
All major roads?! Interstates?
Ok, googled it.
The Crew 1 or 2?, map https://www.ign.com/maps/the-crew/united-states .
The Crew 2, map https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comme ... f_and_jpg/
Neither: whole US as in very edited versions of cities with terrible roads connecting them.

But strangely their port of Seattle seems to looks better than SCS's version.
Quark

#268 Post by Quark » 15 May 2022 03:44

LOL. You just couldn't resist, huh?
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 11 May 2022 17:53 R* has GTAO they milk into oblivion, i dont know any game that released on so much consoles and the PC got 2 "major" content/enhancements updates with it,...
Skyrim comes very close...
Viper28

#269 Post by Viper28 » 15 May 2022 17:05

angrybirdseller wrote: 11 May 2022 22:08 GTA V it's pretty, but feels like game world and just mini misson no different than San Andreas or GTA III was years ago. ATS and ETS2 is popular as you can plug in and drive, and unlike racing sims where need 100% concentration.

GTA 6 will be prettier graphics than GTA 5, but there nothing different overall expect it eats up hard drive space.
Uh, I think that revenue would indicate it's the other way around, or rather one-sided. ATS (though not really comparable in many facets to GTA V) is nowhere in the same ballpark of popularity--let alone universe. I think it's a stretch to say ATS is popular. It has a following is more appropriate IMO. ATS is and always will be a niche game. If it made the kind of money GTA V did/does then Pavel could have a 1000 of those indoor pools he's so fond of.

Have you ever played GTA V? you can absolutely be mindless and relax just roaming about the city; you don't have to partake in the missions or story line unless you want to unlock additions, features, or content and even then you can return to roaming around any time in the story line. So in that regard there is some comparison to ATS -- though it's not really considerable at all. The world of GTA V (now dated somewhat as well) is far more lively just cruising around.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Travismods

#270 Post by Travismods » 15 May 2022 20:09

@Viper28 Most importantly, the GTA map is tiny compared to the ATS map. Thats the biggest difference. Tiny but better quality, which is no surprise. And it lacks the LOD and draw distance issues of ATS because Rockstars programmers are some of the best in the industry. I wish Rockstar would have made a US map at
1:20 scale, the result would probably be mindboggling. Especially with their engine that blows Prism out of the water without even trying.

Return to “General discussion about the game”