why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

McFly

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#241 Post by McFly » 10 May 2022 22:39

seriousmods wrote: 10 May 2022 21:02 The "if you don't like it, don't play" comments aren't specific to me: they are directed at anyone who dares criticize a game developer that has time and again shown a lack of willingness to push the envelope in the slightest to improve their product to where it should be.

dedicated to game development. But years in, a decade for ETS2, that team has yet to make significant progress in any area other than maps. And the maps themselves are in need of many improvements, but that's beside the point.

My goal here is to be a counter to the "SCS is great" community that seems completely immune to logic and reason. SCS can improve, and should be expected to do so.
Nah thats not true, a lot of people here complain, criticize and make suggestions. The problem is the way you complain, your wording and the fact that you do nothing but complain. And to a degree that just gets old really fast. Its annoying that you turn every topic here into pure complaints, sometimes even off-topic or just simple bashing. Even when something positive is discussed you show up "but what about" and start complaining over random stuff again.

Also its not true that the games did not improve over time. Sounds improved, graphics improved, truck model quality improved, map quality including textures, view distance and a ton of other things improved, a lot of features have been added like ownable trailers, adjustable suspension, multi-pivot trailers. And those are just a handful of things that came right out the back of my mind, there are a ton of other things. So saying the games havent improved is simply a lie you probably tell yourself to justify your hate towards the game(?)
My World of Trucks Page

English is not my first language, just trying my best.
Optional Features

#242 Post by Optional Features » 11 May 2022 00:12

@McFly I do nothing but complain? What are the links in my bio then? Are those complaints? Where are your suggestions for improvement. What are your ideas to make things better? Can you link me to them?

How about instead of telling me how to be, why don't you provide some suggestions of your own?

And again, if you consider those to be significant improvements, we have wildly different standards.

Sounds improved? You consider SCS Fmod sounds to be an improvement? Graphics improved? Again, this is up in the air: the sunsets and sunrises got shorter, the midday brightness became blinding, and all the other issues like no shadows at night remained. An improvement? Kinda, but major, that is tough to say. I personally think the pre-update sunrise was preferable. View distance? I don't think anything we have can be considered impressive. If it was worse than it is now, that's just plain sad.

And then the features you mention: ownable trailers offer absolutely nothing to the player other than visual customization. Their benefits are not that significant from a gameplay perspective.

Adjustable suspension is undoubtedly nice, but the use most players have for it isn't what SCS intended.

Multi-pivot trailers shouldn't be considered groundbreaking: it should be expected, and it should be far far better than what we have. We can now tow multiple trailers, but we cannot separate them; we cannot build our own combos in a yard, and we cannot load them individually (in the case of doubles and triples). It's a feature, but undoubtedly a half done one. If it was unlimited and could be configured in game to whatever the player wanted, that would be something.

But those are just the specifics: I don't hate the game, despite your accusation, and I actually am trying to help it improve. So are most of the so-called haters in this group. We actually want SCS to succeed and cannot understand why some of you are so obsessed with mediocrity.
MirM

#243 Post by MirM » 11 May 2022 01:47

@seriousmods

Do you recognize the text below?
I've been uploading less lately due to real life busyness, but views have dropped unexpectedly on the existing uploads. We're struggling to hit 200 on the last couple streams even though the content doesn't seem much different than before. Any ideas on how I can improve?
You are manipulating forum users.
In my opinion, you are driven by the desire to achieve only your own financial benefits, and these have dropped dramatically recently. You blame ATS / ETS2 and its producer for your own failures, not yourself.

Has no one taught you not to bite the hand that feeds you?

Think about your actions, because unfortunately you run faster and faster towards the stone wall.
But I doubt you'll do it yourself.

------------------
Sorry, I'm using a translator.
Optional Features

#244 Post by Optional Features » 11 May 2022 02:28

MirM wrote: 11 May 2022 01:47 @seriousmods

Do you recognize the text below?
I've been uploading less lately due to real life busyness, but views have dropped unexpectedly on the existing uploads. We're struggling to hit 200 on the last couple streams even though the content doesn't seem much different than before. Any ideas on how I can improve?
You are manipulating forum users.
In my opinion, you are driven by the desire to achieve only your own financial benefits, and these have dropped dramatically recently. You blame ATS / ETS2 and its producer for your own failures, not yourself.

Has no one taught you not to bite the hand that feeds you?

Think about your actions, because unfortunately you run faster and faster towards the stone wall.
But I doubt you'll do it yourself.

------------------
Sorry, I'm using a translator.
Yes, I do recognize that text as I wrote it, but I'm not the only one who is having issues with YouTube views. Tons of people are, and that is independent of what any developer does or does not do.

But SCS has had plenty of issues for a while: I just started to notice them after another game I have had similarly lengthy complaints about started to improve.

If the game was more interesting, would more people watch? Maybe, but unlikely. I play GTA (and create content for that as well). Almost no one watches that content, and you don't see me on a GTA forum posting about what Rockstar can do to improve. That's because even with one view (or zero), GTA is some of the most fun I've ever had in any digital program, and that never changes. I spent part of yesterday walking, yes walking, around the map just enjoying the vibe.

So believe me, I'd happily exchange zero views on my ATS videos for a better, more interactive, more beautiful game. I reinstalled Project Cars for exactly this reason, to enjoy the beautiful lighting that game has. Pretty much no one watches my one or two uploads from that game either, and again, I don't even know if they have a forum, and have no participation in it.

I make an excellent living in the real world, and my desire to even make content has dropped significantly as real life priorities have taken over.
Sara

#245 Post by Sara » 11 May 2022 03:12

seriousmods wrote: 11 May 2022 02:28 Yes, I do recognize that text as I wrote it, but I'm not the only one who is having issues with YouTube views. Tons of people are, and that is independent of what any developer does or does not do.
So much this. I noticed this with my YouTube videos, I got the most views with the California revamp for ATS, but when it comes to other things like showing off other trucks, or trailers, or even the air suspension, barely any views. When looking at the Revamp California videos, I released most people were watching because of the quality of the graphics to the map. But that is it.
Optional Features

#246 Post by Optional Features » 11 May 2022 03:43

Sara wrote: 11 May 2022 03:12
seriousmods wrote: 11 May 2022 02:28 Yes, I do recognize that text as I wrote it, but I'm not the only one who is having issues with YouTube views. Tons of people are, and that is independent of what any developer does or does not do.
So much this. I noticed this with my YouTube videos, I got the most views with the California revamp for ATS, but when it comes to other things like showing off other trucks, or trailers, or even the air suspension, barely any views. When looking at the Revamp California videos, I released most people were watching because of the quality of the graphics to the map. But that is it.
Yeah, I did a drive into some pre-released dlc state once and got a few views.

The things that would benefit mine and all other channels would be gameplay elements like self loaded cargo (and the ability for that cargo to fall off), but the benefit to me specifically would be minimal as my channel is small, and I am lazy.

That being said, even if there is some grand conspiracy by which I think suggesting bumpy roads would make my views explode, and SCS implemented bumpy roads, and my views did explode (0% chance of that happening), how would that hurt SCS? It wouldn't.

People watching my channel and all others are looking for places to put their extra money. If I make a good video, people want to know what I used so they can use it. I'm sure there is someone out there that would buy ATS if it was more interesting. It isn't, and I and others are hoping to move the needle a bit.
Viper28

#247 Post by Viper28 » 11 May 2022 05:16

Sara wrote: 11 May 2022 03:12
while not the entire issue, there might indeed be some identifiable culprits here (though not all the causes of lack of views). Simulation as a pc gaming genre is such a niche from what it used to be. I posit that it used to be more robust and drew in a greater audience. The landscape of simulation game makers has really reduced...and for good reason. 2nd; you take that niche and create another for this type of simulation; not everyone is into truck driving. Now, as I see it, while not the entire issue, the fact that this game does indeed lack the razzle dazzle graphics and gameplay depth (though some improvements have occurred) you aren't going to appeal to certain folks that are expecting more advanced features from their simulation and/or folks that kind of "peer in" to check out what a game has to offer and compare it to other open world games and perhaps simulations. I for one, frankly don't find the "top dog Youtuber for ATS and ETS2" all that captivating. Said channel while popular doesn't really dive all that deep and last time I watched it the producer was more of a "smoocher" for the SCS brand than a true equitable and insightful critic...probably receives a copy of the game from SCS to review rather than paying for it. Some interviews i've noticed on the channel weren't all that inspiring. Course that's my opinion. Everyone has their own flavor. I guess when it comes to Youtube views for this game it may very well be like that fanbase; many are very loyal to the person over the game...rather the game and the person are one. Course I imagine that occurs for other media content producers but may be a bit more entrenched here.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Optional Features

#248 Post by Optional Features » 11 May 2022 05:34

If you compare ATS and Farming Sim (22 specifically) by most watched videos, FS, which is the main game I stream and create content for, has far more million+ videos in the span of just a few months, while ATS has only a handful over the course of six years. Most of these FS videos aren't even farming, but people using mods to roleplay various things.

This to me shows that while there is definitely a market for sim videos, just driving isn't what people are looking for. BeamNG, another game I have and have created some low performing content for, gets tons of views on YouTube because of what people are able to do with it. There are entire channels devoted to realistic crashes, often in highway scenarios.

My PC specs are too low to really consistently make content for that game although I have played it recently.

As for my personal content generation experience with ATS, the stuff that gets views is typically when people see something cool, whether that be a super custom truck or the perception that I have trailer doors open (a recent example) or driving trucks in some extreme place. I've done a couple videos in Alaska that are amongst the best performing videos on my channel (one has like 14k views), but again, it looks cool.

I did another in Australia which has about 14k or so itself, and am still getting comments on it.

Like I said, if gameplay depth was expanded it would undoubtedly help my channel a bit, but it would help others far more. Someone with hundreds of thousands of subs is going to fare far better than lowly me with only a couple thousand.

But the benefits of more gameplay depth are mainly to SCS in the form of money flowing into their pockets. I strongly believe they have a much greater opportunity in America than they are currently capturing, but that is solely due to limitations to existing features and a lack of additional ones. Open the existing game up, let people make the experience what they want it to be, and see more sales pour in.

Based on my experience creating a single video for Snow Plow Project (a prerelease game with two vehicles and a tiny map), I am of the assumption Truck World: Australia content probably will do well as well, once released. That's the hope anyways.
Viper28

#249 Post by Viper28 » 11 May 2022 05:38

angrybirdseller wrote: 10 May 2022 06:10 Manufacter will likely not even consider license most times if the product is dipicited in accident from tire damage to hail damage. Graphics are plenty sufficent for ATS and ETS2 its gameplay far more important, and already owned trailers from updates ago. If you do not like what being served go complain elsewhere to be honest.
my my, another one so quick to contain the malcontents. :lol:
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Viper28

#250 Post by Viper28 » 11 May 2022 05:43

seriousmods wrote: 11 May 2022 05:34 If you compare ATS and Farming Sim (22 specifically) by most watched videos, FS, which is the main game I stream and create content for, has far more million+ videos in the span of just a few months, while ATS has only a handful over the course of six years. Most of these FS videos aren't even farming, but people using mods to roleplay various things.

This to me shows that while there is definitely a market for sim videos, just driving isn't what people are looking for. BeamNG, another game I have and have created some low performing content for, gets tons of views on YouTube because of what people are able to do with it. There are entire channels devoted to realistic crashes, often in highway scenarios.

My PC specs are too low to really consistently make content for that game although I have played it recently.

As for my personal content generation experience with ATS, the stuff that gets views is typically when people see something cool, whether that be a super custom truck or the perception that I have trailer doors open (a recent example) or driving trucks in some extreme place. I've done a couple videos in Alaska that are amongst the best performing videos on my channel (one has like 14k views), but again, it looks cool.

I did another in Australia which has about 14k or so itself, and am still getting comments on it.

Like I said, if gameplay depth was expanded it would undoubtedly help my channel a bit, but it would help others far more. Someone with hundreds of thousands of subs is going to fare far better than lowly me with only a couple thousand.

But the benefits of more gameplay depth are mainly to SCS in the form of money flowing into their pockets. I strongly believe they have a much greater opportunity in America than they are currently capturing, but that is solely due to limitations to existing features and a lack of additional ones. Open the existing game up, let people make the experience what they want it to be, and see more sales pour in.

Based on my experience creating a single video for Snow Plow Project (a prerelease game with two vehicles and a tiny map), I am of the assumption Truck World: Australia content probably will do well as well, once released. That's the hope anyways.
most def there is a market, but IMO it's comparatively smaller. Course the market for ATS/ETS2 viewers is likely largely gobbled up by a few established channels, one of which I don't find all that critically and equitably insightful. I can tell when a reviewer spends time to really get to know a product and isn't just a polished "quasi spokesperson" for a company. I like LGR for that reason.

Return to “General discussion about the game”