why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

raskol

why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#1 Post by raskol » 23 Apr 2022 12:32

friends, the lighting update in the game is missing
there is

one of these;

1.there is no normal map in the road texture

2.reflective system is bad
there is neither shadow nor light

you can't see the plants

3.there is a rain drop inside the vehicle, there is no missing except

4.lack of skybox not much lightning
it's just bad that the light hits

5.no flashes of light when going through the tunnel

6.the road texture is not a normal map, it exists in the terrain

7.refresh that particle system bring vdb cloud plugin to the editor

renew the whole particle system

finally know what's missing big graphics update
fetch scs software
Last edited by raskol on 23 Apr 2022 12:52, edited 3 times in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Apr 2022 12:38

and now in proper english pls, there is not a single understandable sentence in it to even know what you want
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Travismods

#3 Post by Travismods » 23 Apr 2022 13:45

@raskol I agree that the lighting update was too little for graphics, even though I dont doubt it took a lot of work for SCS. Particle FX is something I really want to see in this game along with dirty trucks. Its also kind of embarassing how low the quality of the skyboxes from SCS are, they seemed to have completely forgot to add skyboxes for higher resolutions, they look really blurry at 1440p and 4k. If you are stuck on the ancient technology of fading static skybox pictures to make a sky at least bring a proper resolution. Night shadows is also something that needs a complete rework. The lighting update was better than the original game, sure, but its still miles from lighting in contemporary open world games.
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 23 Apr 2022 18:29

The thing about reflections is how few there are. Irl, gauge glass reflects, dashboard chrome reflects, interior windows reflect, and obviously all the parts of the truck (if shiny) reflect stuff as well.

In game we kinda have chrome reflection, barely have paint reflection, and then stuff like the inside of a drop visor reflecting or seeing the dash lights reflect off the windows are completely missing.

Same is true for lighting: light flares really don't look that good at night, and the irl glow you would get from every light is either missing or clips through solid objects. Every light doesn't cast a shadow like it should, so you have light pouring into the cab when it should be blocked by metal.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by Optional Features on 23 Apr 2022 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Truckerforlife2022

#5 Post by Truckerforlife2022 » 23 Apr 2022 18:41

scssortware use their own game engine which is junk and 14 years old.

Pavel hasn't step down as chief executive of scssoftware

Only way graphics be better if xbox buy out scssoftware and Phil takes charge move scssoftware forward
jarryed

#6 Post by jarryed » 23 Apr 2022 18:47

A junk engine which is being updated when needed. Currently being coded for DX12.

Prism3D is purpose built by SCS because all the other engines, as far as we know, can't do what SCS needs them to do.

Another thread full of throwing SCS through the mud. Lovely. I'm by no means a fanboy or anything along those lines. But I understand this is a game. Key word......game. Not everything in this will be true to life.

Just cause you can land a A380 in Flight Simulator doesn't mean you can go out and do the same thing in real life. Same thing holds true for ATS.

People really need to stop comparing these two games. Flight sim mentioned in passing because so many people are comparing the two.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 23 Apr 2022 19:04

jarryed wrote: 23 Apr 2022 18:47 Prism3D is purpose built by SCS because all the other engines, as far as we know, can't do what SCS needs them to do.

Just cause you can land a A380 in Flight Simulator doesn't mean you can go out and do the same thing in real life. Same thing holds true for ATS.
What exactly can prism do that other engines cannot? I've heard all kinds of ideas before, but none of them seem to hold up to real life comparisons.

As for the flight sim to truck sim comparison, while a well played flight simmer might not have the qualifications to land a jumbo jet, he or she (playing hardcore mode) would know where every button in the cockpit is, what it does, and how it works. He or she would know generally what the plane feels like loaded, how long it takes to rotate, how long it needs to land, and how hard or easy it is to maneuver on the ground. And he or she would know how all of these things interact in various kinds of weather including heavy turbulence. People have taught themselves to fly with flight simulators because of this attention to detail, simulation of weather and physics, and accurately modeled/completely functional/click to interact cockpits.

Someone who learned how to drive a truck in ATS would not know what most of the buttons on the dash do, has no clue how a truck handles in any kind of weather (including dry and sunny), has no clue about braking distances, missing gears, letting the clutch out too fast, and just about everything else that makes driving a truck driving a truck. He or she would be completely unprepared for anything other than basic backing maneuvers and generally knowing the shift pattern of an 18 speed.

When people think of the word simulator as a realistic portrayal of the functions and performance of a vehicle, they think of flight, train, and racing sims. Some racing sims are so good that real racing companies are recruiting new talent out of them. The only company that would recruit drivers from ATS would be Swift because the skill level of their current drivers is probably worse than some people playing ATS on keyboard.
Truckerforlife2022

#8 Post by Truckerforlife2022 » 23 Apr 2022 19:06

i drive a real truck in real life and know a lot about trucking business.

Look at graphics on forza horizon 5 and fps is a lot better and playground do interesting stream weekly

scssoftware do boring streams showing nothing interesting and talk about crap.

Both maps not 100 % like real life
Optional Features

#9 Post by Optional Features » 23 Apr 2022 19:15

Truckerforlife2022 wrote: 23 Apr 2022 19:06 i drive a real truck in real life and know a lot about trucking business.

Look at graphics on forza horizon 5 and fps is a lot better and playground do interesting stream weekly

scssoftware do boring streams showing nothing interesting and talk about crap.

Both maps not 100 % like real life
And I'm certain your truck irl handles far differently than its virtual counterpart?
Viper28

#10 Post by Viper28 » 23 Apr 2022 19:18

"Prism3D is purpose built by SCS because all the other engines, as far as we know, can't do what SCS needs them to do."

c'mon now. this is one of those comments that floor me. I mean really, it makes it sound like SCS is doing something with these maps that is beyond what other gamer's maps are doing? No. No. I've played GTA V, I've watched Spintires and Snowrunner. While SCS has improved the aesthetic beauty of their maps there isn't anything intrinsic to them that is beyond what others are doing...no way, not even close. When I have to manipulate my truck back and forth because I pulled up a bit too far and can't trigger the sleep prompt...we have a problem. THAT'S OLD.

***Oh, and Jarryed: the comparison between flying Flight Simulator and ATS is not a very good one. The "simulation" of simply manipulating a steering wheel of a semi around a game world has been handled on the MOST BASIC level very well by SCS. So perhaps if that has always been the real objective, then perhaps they've achieved their goal*** Oh, and please, are you kidding me?! What game demands is SCS making that other game engines (you're assuming you know: "as far as we know") can't handle. That just doesn't make sense.

And for those that liken criticism of the game to personal attacking. In SOME cases, that's exactly the fall back (likening criticism to personal attacking) because you know the criticism(s) leveled have MERIT. not because someone is truly being personally attacked. It's long since been time for this game IN MY OPINION to start incorporating graphics & gameplay features that are truly ADVANCED. Even if it's a few, and they come in steps. Not this small time, "fuzzy dice" simplistic stuff. And for those afraid of such things...here's the box to tick to turn it off.
Last edited by Viper28 on 23 Apr 2022 19:44, edited 2 times in total.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK

Return to “General discussion about the game”