why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

JoeAlex23

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#391 Post by JoeAlex23 » 19 Jun 2022 16:25

Viper28 wrote: 19 Jun 2022 05:46
JoeAlex23 wrote: 18 Jun 2022 20:50 Dude, just stop please, you're just digging your own grave 😂
Hey Joe, is that you talking, or your bias? I mean, hey, the topic of this thread is what it is, if you find it incredibly annoying and unfounded, why post in it? Course since you do, I'd encourage you to bring something more substantial to the table than "we don't need it" "it's not needed" "that's not important" "nobody else cares." That's a trailer full of weaksauce.

another user in this thread wrote:
"I'm more concerned about reworks and Vulkan support, than being "photorealistic". Thanks to what graphics are in the first place, I can play ATS and ETS2 on my ye olde laptop :mrgreen:"

Don't make it that easy guys...
and just to make my position clear, I get not everything can or should be implemented. But please stop trying to sell me a first class ticket for a coach class seat.
That comment was NOT for you, the guy i answered deleted the thing that he posted 3 times, that's what i was talking about, it was NOT an answer to you...
automaton

#392 Post by automaton » 21 Jun 2022 14:58

Ch_R0me wrote: 14 Jun 2022 12:38
Don't worry, he was probably after too many sessions in UT4 or even UT5.

I'm more concerned about reworks and Vulkan support, than being "photorealistic". Thanks to what graphics are in the first place, I can play ATS and ETS2 on my ye olde laptop :mrgreen:
Exactly. I don't think Vulkan support would change the look and feel of the game drastically, but for (older) Mac users, I'd imagine that the experience would be significantly better through MoltenVK. As far as I'm concerned, Apple's been chipping away at OpenGL support for quite some time now, so SCS would have to implement Vulkan/MoltenVK, or even Metal, for macOS users at some point.
Ch_R0me

#393 Post by Ch_R0me » 21 Jun 2022 21:23

automaton wrote: 21 Jun 2022 14:58 (...)

Exactly. I don't think Vulkan support would change the look and feel of the game drastically, but for (older) Mac users, I'd imagine that the experience would be significantly better through MoltenVK. As far as I'm concerned, Apple's been chipping away at OpenGL support for quite some time now, so SCS would have to implement Vulkan/MoltenVK, or even Metal, for macOS users at some point.
If so, I would recommend staying with just Vulkan.
And OpenGL? Well, I hope that Zink would be useful before Vulkan would be (as Metal -> Vulkan -> OpenGL), despite two "layers" of overhead.
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
raskol

#394 Post by raskol » 26 Jun 2022 09:08

scs software relight update came last year when is the second part in 1.40? let me tell you a solution bring a global illumination update special for update 1.45,1.47 it will solve all the problem radically
Calibuddy99

#395 Post by Calibuddy99 » 29 Jun 2022 21:59

Alright. All of you that hate SCS's engine need to stop. To me, even though it's an old engine, it's great. It might not be able to do everyone's wishes, and may not be best for modern hardware and stuff, but it is still great. Not as many developers as you'd think have their own dedicated engine that they can modify to try their best for everyone's wishes. It is an old engine, but it is good that game developers have their own engine. I am kinda surprised that this company made their own engine when they did. To me it is great, and no matter what it will stay being great.
Nothing to say here anymore.
angrybirdseller

#396 Post by angrybirdseller » 29 Jun 2022 22:12

Buy GTX 1030 your playing at eye grain jaggys even at dx 12 upgrade. SCS can upgrade the visuals all they want, but weak gpu won't be able to take advantage of new API.
VirtualTruckTravels

#397 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 30 Jun 2022 10:25

the biggest issue for me before and after 1.40 lighting update is Anti-Aliasing, i have everything maxed out and play in 1440p and there are still some jaggies and flickers. the only solution is either Roex's NPI settings which remove SSAO or getting a 4K monitor, which is something i have thought heavily about especialy since every screenshot and stream from SCS looks incredielbe sharp and i would want that too. maybe that is really the problem, that SCS is using 4K and dont have issues with Anti-Aliasing and therefore dont recognise the problem?
GinXeng

#398 Post by GinXeng » 01 Jul 2022 00:00

I play in 4k with HDR10 and every possible setting on max and still can't get my game to look like SCS's pictures and videos.
Optional Features

#399 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 04:43

I see people playing with supercomputers, and their graphics (chrome for example) doesn't look much better than mine.

Crisper, sure. No lag, sure. But not significantly better. Stuff like interior chrome or windows reflecting the interior or dash lights giving off a glow in cab are not even a thought. Stuff like that and light shadows should be an option for higher spec users. But it isn't.
raskol

#400 Post by raskol » 04 Jul 2022 13:24

Even in the scs software truckers europe 3 mobile game, even rain reflections, you are very short of your rain reflections.

where is relighting update part 2

1.global illumination
apply scs heals game

2. The rain reflections are cloudy in the picture below;

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”