Proposal of typical vehicles for AI traffic that are still missing (tbc)

RushCars24ID

Re: Proposal of typical vehicles for AI traffic that are still missing (tbc)

#21 Post by RushCars24ID » 13 Jul 2022 02:17

halbtollekreatur wrote: 04 Jun 2022 10:34 Thx mate. Used the "search" button but this not came up. Anyway. The other thread mainly focus on cars. I think we could also get some more (modern) trucks and buses.
Not always for that other thread focus only on cars, you may also add trucks, buses, service vehicles and any other types of vehicles like what you're posting here in that other thread too.
halbtollekreatur

#22 Post by halbtollekreatur » 13 Jul 2022 23:08

If sb can move the content of this thread to the other or tell me how to do I'm more than happy to move. I just can't move the posts form others or delete mine.
halbtollekreatur

#23 Post by halbtollekreatur » 28 Jul 2022 14:13

Would be cool to see these two typical small vans in traffic
Ford Transit Connect
[ external image ]

Ram ProMaster City
[ external image ]
Travismods

#24 Post by Travismods » 28 Jul 2022 23:58

Another perhaps small, but still important detail that could tie into this is reworking the ai vehicle reflective quality and the coloring. I'm not sure if some ai vehicles are metallic in game but they all look very dull and matte, very unlike real life. The other aspect is that since the game features fictional models, I think it would make sense to try to reflect the statistical spread of vehicle colors in the US, since SCS can't portray any real models with the accurate color options anyways.

[ external image ]

Almost 80% of traffic vehicles in the US are either white, black, gray or silver. The game does a pretty poor job of representing traffic that looks like real traffic because the coloring that has been used by SCS is not realistic and too colorful. While its not a big thing, it would be neat to see ai traffic reflected more in these realistic shades of color to make the ai vehicles we look actually feel a bit more like real traffic.

I have modded my game according to these values (white being the most dominant color) and it gives the traffic a much better look overall.

[ external image ]
halbtollekreatur

#25 Post by halbtollekreatur » 29 Jul 2022 18:17

100% agree. Was the mod made by you or is it the one from DW1899?
Air523

#26 Post by Air523 » 29 Jul 2022 18:28

I feel there's a lack of minivans and pickups in the traffic, it'd be nice to a dodge ram 2500(for legal reasons, call it dog or whatever) overtake me.

Also, for god's sake, i hope they completely remove 6x4 389's and w900's hauling 28 feet dry vans.

A greyhound bus could also make it's way.
Travismods

#27 Post by Travismods » 29 Jul 2022 18:35

halbtollekreatur wrote: 29 Jul 2022 18:17 100% agree. Was the mod made by you or is it the one from DW1899?
It was made by me, a private mod I haven't released. The one by DW1899 was a good attempt at realism, I used it before I made mine, but he went by original maker color for models rather than my "global" approach. I ignored the options for models individually and looked at US traffic statistics coloring as a whole. I use it for both SCS traffic and Jazzycat and all other traffic packs out there. DW1899s mod - even though it was kind of nice - ended up looking still rather unrealistic and candy like because the spawn rates of models are unrealistic compared to real life in game.

I guess it depends on what you prefer. When I see a bunch of traffic in game, I feel it is more accurate to see the common spread of colors you see in traffic IRL - like 80% either white, black, gray or silver - than to see 3 SCS Camaro knockoffs in a row at a stoplight with each individually accurate color options (DW1899 approach). You just wouldn't come across vehicles spawning that way IRL. Of course, the drawback of my mod is that you have models displayed in colors they are not sold as IRL, but seeing traffic coloring as one overarching entity makes it look much closer to real life. And just about every car model out there is offered in some form of white, which is the most common color in the US.

Look at just about any traffic picture from the US, you are going to see the colors white, black, gray and silver - and red occasionally - be completely dominant.
Last edited by Travismods on 29 Jul 2022 18:50, edited 3 times in total.
halbtollekreatur

#28 Post by halbtollekreatur » 29 Jul 2022 18:39

Sounds logical to me. Too bad it's not an official mod. For me, traffic is the most important aspect after roads and landscape. And unfortunately there is still a lot to do here.
halbtollekreatur

#29 Post by halbtollekreatur » 30 Jul 2022 14:41

I think it would make sense to design one or two more companies for the coaches. "Greyhound" at national parks and tourist places makes no sence.

The parks have their own buses
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Or tour buses would bring tourists
[ external image ]

While Greyhounds can be seen in big cities
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
MACX8

#30 Post by MACX8 » 01 Aug 2022 20:39

biggest miss in AI traffic is 9900i
Attachments
capsule_616x353.jpg
I use ( Google Translate ) For translation to English
SCANIA-S best Truck ever in a Both game

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”