Proposal of typical vehicles for AI traffic that are still missing (tbc)

Sovereign 89

Re: Proposal of typical vehicles for AI traffic that are still missing (tbc)

#41 Post by Sovereign 89 » 19 Aug 2022 15:44

halbtollekreatur wrote: 19 Aug 2022 15:10 I kind of like to highlight the discussion about trailers in AI that ois going on in the Texas thread with this post. Just in case sb missed it.
@Sovereign 89 asphalt paver could be added as a static object and as cargo. In aI it would make not that much sense since it will allways operate in a barricaded area.
True, I never considered it to drive around on roads. :lol: It can go slowly though during road works and be what you already mentioned (cargo and static object at various depots, construction sites and by the side of roads).
Last edited by Sovereign 89 on 19 Aug 2022 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
halbtollekreatur

#42 Post by halbtollekreatur » 19 Aug 2022 18:21

Yeah. At least some moving objects in the conctructions sides would be nice.
Trenero

#43 Post by Trenero » 21 Aug 2022 16:34

I think on of the things than once included will improve the variety and the realism a lot is the 4x2 and 8x4/8x6 in traffic. (also in the quick jobs like for example 4x2 with the doubles or the 28" or 32" trailers, and 8x4 in the special transports or the heavy cargo)

I miss also more plain white van/reefers(Also miss the option to have a Chrome panelled reefers with the borders painted)

In the cities i miss the taillift on the back of 28" and 32" doing city deliveries (Would be great also have it for owned trailers if multidrop comes one day)

More hotshot trucks especialy flatbeds with random things loaded.

Mixers and Dump trucks with lift axles.

Excesive amount of 28" trailers with big sleeper trailers in traffic

Oversize banners and beacons on lowloaders with heavy loads(Beacons are also missed on quick jobs and special transports)

Finally adjust the spawn ratio of the companies to a percentage related to how many depots have in game.
Because currently companies with one depot spawn lot more than they should, for example you can be driving throught Utah and for a minute all the company trucks that cross with your are from Darwing that have only one Depot in game and is and aircraft manofacturer so probably reefers aren't their trailers of choice.
Tails

#44 Post by Tails » 22 Aug 2022 01:32

more defunct car brands ATS such as Pontiac, Saturn, Plymouth, Scion ect.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
halbtollekreatur

#45 Post by halbtollekreatur » 22 Aug 2022 17:48

Trenero wrote: 21 Aug 2022 16:34 I think on of the things than once included will improve the variety and the realism a lot is the 4x2 and 8x4/8x6 in traffic. (also in the quick jobs like for example 4x2 with the doubles or the 28" or 32" trailers, and 8x4 in the special transports or the heavy cargo)

I miss also more plain white van/reefers(Also miss the option to have a Chrome panelled reefers with the borders painted)

In the cities i miss the taillift on the back of 28" and 32" doing city deliveries (Would be great also have it for owned trailers if multidrop comes one day)

More hotshot trucks especialy flatbeds with random things loaded.

Mixers and Dump trucks with lift axles.

Excesive amount of 28" trailers with big sleeper trailers in traffic

Oversize banners and beacons on lowloaders with heavy loads(Beacons are also missed on quick jobs and special transports)

Finally adjust the spawn ratio of the companies to a percentage related to how many depots have in game.
Because currently companies with one depot spawn lot more than they should, for example you can be driving throught Utah and for a minute all the company trucks that cross with your are from Darwing that have only one Depot in game and is and aircraft manofacturer so probably reefers aren't their trailers of choice.
Agree with all of this. I think proper trailer definitions and 4x2 trucks in AI would be the best start.
@Tails Can they just use this brands? Aren't they still under protecion?
Tails

#46 Post by Tails » 23 Aug 2022 21:25

SCS could parody those car brands

halbtollekreatur

#47 Post by halbtollekreatur » 24 Aug 2022 10:40

But this on the other hand means to get more outdated cars into the game. A mix of older models sold a lot and current models would be nice.
But defently see a 2010 Pontiac G6 GT, 2010 Saturn Vue, 1998 Plymouth Voyager and a 2004 Scion xB.
But the first aid for ATS traffic would be to implement more of the ETS2 cars (Ram ProMaster, Saturn Astra, some of the asian cars etc.).
Tails

#48 Post by Tails » 25 Aug 2022 21:51

Another defunct car brand that was sold in North America is Saab maybe we could have some of these cars still driving on the roads.

Vk56dehan

#49 Post by Vk56dehan » 04 Sep 2022 01:23

I would love to see more 4x2. Its very common in the city or highway with doubles or better. On the highway during a coast to coast trip id say at least 15% are 4x2 with doubles. Usually fedex or the like. Thats my biggest complaint. I definitely want more diversity in car /class 6-7 traffic but all avail frame axle configurations need to be priority. They also really need to set an algorithm for trailer size vs tractor size so it makes sense. Btw sleeper cab trucks do pick up single pups and shorty containers......at least in my area but its more rare than the aforementioned. People for asking for more than 3 tractor axles.....i dont see that as a priority. Ive lived in every area of the states due to the military and rarely (other than dump trucks) do I see more than a 3 axle truck. 1 in 1000 id say. Not worth the AI implementation by my experience
halbtollekreatur

#50 Post by halbtollekreatur » 04 Sep 2022 15:30

Vk56dehan wrote: 04 Sep 2022 01:23 They also really need to set an algorithm for trailer size vs tractor size so it makes sense.
100% agree. @seriousmods nailed it here once again.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”