Yes Repair at my garages
95%
No Do not repair at my garages
5%

Total votes: 41

GT182

Repair Your Trucks In Any of Your Owned Garages

#1 Post by GT182 » 11 May 2022 22:44

As the heading states. All companies I've known and those I worked for had their trucks repaired and any parts (i.e. engines and transmissions) changed in their own Company Garage. I've asked but I guess SCS doesn't realize this seeing they're located in Europe. They do do things differently over there so I've been told. No disrespect intended. I've also seen 1 owned garage of mine that did repairs on your own truck in C2C a while back. So I know it can be done.

Remember now, real companies only use repair shops IF their trucks broke down on the road and could only get road service or had to pull into an outside repair service. That happened to me a lot when I was driving a carhauler, or going out to California and back East when I worked for an independent out fit.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
parasaurolophus67

Re: Repair Your Trucks In Any of Your Owned Garages

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 12 May 2022 00:08

this is more of a wishlist/suggestion then for general discussion viewforum.php?f=185
GT182

#4 Post by GT182 » 12 May 2022 21:14

It's supposed to be where the other polls are located. I've posted about this in a few times in the Wishlist thread. SCS doesn't seem to think anything of it so it's time to see what ATS player think and SCS sees this poll.

If you don't like it where it is, get a moderator to move it, I can't. If I delete it, it's gone for good.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
gt379

#5 Post by gt379 » 14 May 2022 12:23

@GT182 ,

Yeah I agree with you!

Also it could be a new expenditure for our virtual company to pay wages for our mechanics and buying parts, etc..
rookie31st

#6 Post by rookie31st » 14 May 2022 22:00

Fun fact: we can repair trucks at the dealership and repair centers that have no interior modelled, but cannot do same at the garages that have interior with visible engines and tools for mechanics. Makes total sense, right?
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
GT182

#7 Post by GT182 » 15 May 2022 14:26

And it would add to the "realism" that ATS is supposed to convey. SCS says they're all for realism. So, this would add immensely to that.

Even a just mod would do the trick. IF someone wanted to give it a try. ;) I would, but I've no idea on how to do mods of any type. :(

Hey Mantrid, could you help do this, if you' aren't too busy?
rookie31st

#8 Post by rookie31st » 17 May 2022 01:44

If I recall correctly, simply adding repair icon to garage model in Blender didn't work. Someone already tried.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#9 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 02:06

rookie31st wrote: 14 May 2022 22:00 Fun fact: we can repair trucks at the dealership and repair centers that have no interior modelled, but cannot do same at the garages that have interior with visible engines and tools for mechanics. Makes total sense, right?
Yeah. . . .

And the dealerships and repair stations can fix anything in seconds. If only it was that way irl lol.

Lock up the engine; destroy the transmission; burn up the tires, and drive off a cliff. Call a towman: get towed to a service center in a couple of hours (no matter what the state of the truck and trailer is). Technician comes out and snaps his fingers: good as new.
GT182

#10 Post by GT182 » 17 May 2022 18:19

Rookie, I've no idea how someone working on C2C did the addition to one garage, but it did work. I think that it was back in C2C for 1.40 or 1.41. I've been searching the World map to try and find it again, if it's still there. Somewhere in Georgia, or one of the States around it.

I know nothing about Blender or how it's used.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”