95%
No Do not repair at my garages
5%

Total votes: 41

gt379

Re: Repair Your Trucks In Any of Your Owned Garages

#11 Post by gt379 » 18 May 2022 02:53

seriousmods wrote: 17 May 2022 02:06
rookie31st wrote: 14 May 2022 22:00 Fun fact: we can repair trucks at the dealership and repair centers that have no interior modelled, but cannot do same at the garages that have interior with visible engines and tools for mechanics. Makes total sense, right?
Yeah. . . .

And the dealerships and repair stations can fix anything in seconds. If only it was that way irl lol.

Lock up the engine; destroy the transmission; burn up the tires, and drive off a cliff. Call a towman: get towed to a service center in a couple of hours (no matter what the state of the truck and trailer is). Technician comes out and snaps his fingers: good as new.
God that is a funny sentence you wrote there, I had a very good laugh!!!!!
Mantrid

#12 Post by Mantrid » 18 May 2022 03:43

All I did in C2C was add the service icon to the garage (in the map editor).
Rule [5.4.2]
Follow me on Twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/homburg
Join my Discord @ https://discord.gg/XbtnazF
Optional Features

#13 Post by Optional Features » 18 May 2022 04:24

@gt379 Thanks haha: if real life vehicles were that indestructible, there would be no junkyards lol.
GT182

#14 Post by GT182 » 20 May 2022 20:45

Mantrid, that worked for one garage that I found, but I don't see it anymore. Can you add the Repair/Service icon to all garages in C2C with the next update? Or maybe do a mod for all garages in ATS?
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Seaking

#15 Post by Seaking » 21 May 2022 05:24

I really like the idea to a point.

If it comes to ordinary maintanance, that should be doable in any garage.

We would need an inventory to store owned parts, those could be swapped in the garage where they are stored.

The repair shops should be more like a chrome shop where you can buy parts and have certain parts installed.

Some huge repairs / upgrades like changing a frame or getting a different cab should only be doable at the dealerships.
Optional Features

#16 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 07:30

Yeah, they could add a lot of complexity to the repair system: tire shops, body shops, engine shops, trailer shops, dealerships, etc.
GT182

#17 Post by GT182 » 21 May 2022 13:41

All of that can be done in our "owned" garages. It's the same as the "outside" shops doing it now. The outside shops are fine for all of this if you are not near any "owned" garage. It's the same as getting fuel at your garage. Drivers don't pay for it, the company does. If you are not a real-life truck driver you wouldn't understand.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Optional Features

#18 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 16:52

GT182 wrote: 21 May 2022 13:41 All of that can be done in our "owned" garages. It's the same as the "outside" shops doing it now. The outside shops are fine for all of this if you are not near any "owned" garage. It's the same as getting fuel at your garage. Drivers don't pay for it, the company does. If you are not a real-life truck driver you wouldn't understand.
Body work? I doubt there are many self-owned shops that are set up to do much in-house body repairs. Same is true for major engine and transmission work.

Generally I agree, but there should be some kind of system by which we could level up our garages, increase their skills by hiring more skilled mechanics or buying more equipment.

A two truck company wouldn't have the same in house repair capabilities as a mega carrier, with rare exceptions.
GT182

#19 Post by GT182 » 22 May 2022 01:55

I've seen a few that do their own body work in-house. Anchor Mtr Frt was one as was a couple other companies I knew.
Optional Features

#20 Post by Optional Features » 22 May 2022 02:28

Yeah, fair enough. For the record, I totally support this idea. It's been needed for a long time.

I'm just critiquing lol, but I'm sure there are plenty of fully equipped shops out there, and the game should reflect that reality.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”