Do you think the Swiss renovation will come in this year's version?

Some newbie driver

Re: Do you think the Swiss renovation will come in this year's version?

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 May 2022 15:18

Your sarcasm doesn't cover your ignorance gaillard.

Back in time, SCS did already had to stop German reworks and put every mapper available working on RttBS. And that was "only" to avoid a delay on a DLC that they were going to release anyway. What do you expect they are going to do now they can't release at all all the mapping work from the past year? Do anybody here really expects SCS to keep pumping resources to free map rebuilds instead of trying to correct their weakened position? Yeah of course; I forget so many people here thinks SCS is an NGO made only to fulfill your personal desires.

BTW, your figures are also wrong, but I'm not even going to lose time explaining them to you. If you are interested into learning something, instead of uselessly trying to mock people here; you can go read the info SCS provided us all those years to have a better idea how many mapers work on a DLC for each game.
xXCARL1992Xx

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 May 2022 15:22

the DLC wont come faster then normally, they wont rush it and try to get it in this year, 2022 is a lost cause with HoR DLC and this is a fact, if SCS would be in dire need of money they wouldnt have shelved the DLC, Pavel knew what he is doing and has calculated it more then once i bet bevor making this decision, they continiued to finish it like normal and the people that worked on it will now be working on the next DLC for 2023 and some other will start doing pre-work for 2024
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#13 Post by Trucker Nik » 14 May 2022 18:09

I don't understand one thing why scs didn't write a HoR postponement blog, many players don't know there is an official scs forum, so they don't know what's going on with HoR, it would be fair for scs to write a HoR postponement blog if they don't, many players will ask, in the comments on the social networks, what is happening with this DLC and when it will come out
CarbonGTGaming

#14 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 14 May 2022 19:47

I knew it was postponed however not everyone will know that some are not aware some say they are excited for the expansion pack and others are saying when’s the release got my truck all ready for Russia so I think a HoR postponement blog is needed
polskagrom

#15 Post by polskagrom » 15 May 2022 02:28

Cant imagine that Swiss would take longer then 6 maybe 9 months to do
VirtualTruckTravels

#16 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 18 May 2022 03:40

It is scs software you are talking about ;)
Some newbie driver

#17 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 May 2022 07:28

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 14 May 2022 15:22the DLC wont come faster then normally, they wont rush it and try to get it in this year, 2022 is a lost cause with HoR DLC and this is a fact
SCS is perfectly capable of release the next map DLC sooner than "usually" if they put more resources; that doesn't mean it would come this year. I didn't mentioned anything about that in my message you quoted. If they expected initially to release it at certain date, achieve 2 months earlier (hypothetical example) is sooner and better for them. And that doesn't mean to rush it either; I didn't said at any moment I want them to rush anything neither my words implied they will do so. To rush is to reduce the quality of the job because trying to do more work than one can handle in certain time. To increase assigned manpower, to reduce the workload or a combination of both allows the job to be complete sooner not rushing anything. And the first place where to take that manpower is the reworkings team; something we already have examples of that in not-so-bad scenarios for SCS; so taking for granted isn't going to happen again is naive at least.
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 14 May 2022 15:22if SCS would be in dire need of money they wouldn't have shelved the DLC, Pavel knew what he is doing and has calculated it more then once i bet bevor making this decision
Not be in dire need of money doesn't mean the situation is bad for them. To lose the biggest income generator of the year has a granted bad impact on their finances. If they are a solvent company they probably could had managed to take bank loans to keep working. If SCS would have the cash to don't mind to not release the ETS2 map DLC of the year, they would be way more aggressive in growing/releasing (because have so much cash in the bank, doing nothing, isn't good either). So, the fact they can take the blow doesn't change the fact their main interest probably is to return ASAP to a more stable and controlled scenario (regarding to finances). The only lucky point for them is that this situation has happened the same year Texas release is going to happen. A DLC that for sure will have a good sales number, probably (deserved) higher price than usual ATS ones and with the potential to attract lots of new players to ATS; so it could help soften the blow.
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 14 May 2022 15:22they continiued to finish it like normal
We don't know what they did. We only know there were some SteamDB movements. The content, scope and purpose of those movements are absolutely unknown for us. So, that doesn't mean their working schedule wasn't changed at all. They could put more staff working on next DLC than usual; because it's already normal they start working on next one before release of current, but the point is how both teams are sized.

So, it could be as you said, or it could be as I said; none of us can know it. The only fact I know is that, if SCS would be unable to consider the kind of reschedules I explained, then they would be a stagnant bad managed company incapable to adapt to changing scenarios. IMHO they had not showed us they are that, so I keep considering they have more options that just keep working as nothing so big happened (and that there's options doesn't mean they HAVE to change to those). That's why I said always everything in conditional while you take things for granted and reach rushed conclusions.

Regards
ASDF

#18 Post by ASDF » 03 Jun 2022 13:58

The three countries of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg should be reworked very quickly. The area of these three countries is 25% of the size of Germany.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Trenero

#19 Post by Trenero » 03 Jun 2022 16:39

ASDF wrote: 03 Jun 2022 13:58 The three countries of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg should be reworked very quickly. The area of these three countries is 25% of the size of Germany.
And area of Benelux aprox same as Austria, but with more cities i think Benelux rework will take at least a full year like Austria.
chris2002

#20 Post by chris2002 » 03 Jun 2022 20:54

Some personal thoughts:
1) if they refresh Switzerland, they will probably also have to include the northern French alps (approximately the area between Geneva, Lyon and Torino) which are absolutely horrible, or else they will leave an obsolete area in the middle of refreshed areas.
2) refreshing the base map seems to me still more and more needed for SCS. Yes, it doesn't make money directly, but SCS also needs to keep increasing its player base, and without a refreshed base map, new players might be disappointed and not want to buy map DLC. Also, if one day SCS want to make "add-on" of ETS2 targeting other player bases like for example a "Euro Coach Simulator" (which could be a good way to make more money), they absolutely need a better base map.
3) depending on the DLC currently being made (Balkan?), the number of mappers per DLC can probably be limited by technical constraints: I don't think 2 mappers can work on the same sector at the same time. But it could possibly speed up the development of a 2nd DLC.

Return to “General discussion about the game”