Cascadia Dreamworld Update

Optional Features

Re: Cascadia Dreamworld Update

#11 Post by Optional Features » 16 May 2022 05:54

@supersobes Agreed! Someone did a mod version of the 60 inch sleepers, but mods like that seem to not get updated over time (like the 73 inch midroof lonestar that I wish still worked).

As for the shorter hoods, I would absolutely love to see those: it's incredible to me how little love the shorter hood versions of all trucks have gotten in all games, including mods. There's a short hood T800; there was a Columbia and Century Class. The FLD series had a short hood as well.

Those are the perfect trucks for linehaul work: better maneuverability, just enough power, and a small sleeper for long days.
harishw8r

#12 Post by harishw8r » 16 May 2022 06:12

This is exactly what I want to see in the Cascadia. Would have put some of them in the main wishlist thread, thought of listing them here as well:

1. Shorter BBC chassis.
2. Every possible DD13 and DD15 engines. If I want a 505hp engine option, I shouldn’t be restricted to choose the DD15 alone.
3. Every combination of interior options (come on, Midnight 2022 with digital dash would look absolutely stunning). I remember the representative from DTNA said such an option is available.
supersobes
Global moderator

#13 Post by supersobes » 16 May 2022 06:36

If SCS could overcome the game engine limitation that prevents us from being able to choose gauges and other animated parts as accessories, it would be really nice to be able to pick between the digital dash, standard gauges, and standard gauges with extra gauge package options for every interior variant by using accessory pins in the truck configuration.

For example, something like this. It's the elite interior, but without the GPS, so it's a mix between the standard and elite interiors. I got this by importing the interior model into Blender and just literally deleting the GPS geometry so that it no longer exists in the game. But it would be really cool to be able to mix and match options like this without having to go and edit the models.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#14 Post by Optional Features » 16 May 2022 06:49

Yeah, I'd like to be able to move gauges around on the W9 and 389 as well. The fuel gauge on the W9 is behind the wheel if memory serves.
harishw8r wrote: 16 May 2022 06:12 This is exactly what I want to see in the Cascadia. Would have put some of them in the main wishlist thread, thought of listing them here as well:

1. Shorter BBC chassis.
2. Every possible DD13 and DD15 engines. If I want a 505hp engine option, I shouldn’t be restricted to choose the DD15 alone.
3. Every combination of interior options (come on, Midnight 2022 with digital dash would look absolutely stunning). I remember the representative from DTNA said such an option is available.
The engine options are just code, so I don't see why that would be hard to implement. Same with transmissions and gear ratios. The options should be as we desire.
Optional Features

#15 Post by Optional Features » 16 May 2022 07:00

As to my original points, though, I'd really like to see an option at some point to change the character's appearance (face, hair, skin tone, gender) and clothes. Even if we never get out of the cab, having the character look a bit different (or put on sunglasses for example) would make things a bit more varied than the current system.

If such a system was implemented, it would be nice to open up some of these cabinets and store stuff in them, obviously including clothes.
gt379

#16 Post by gt379 » 16 May 2022 13:28

seriousmods wrote: 16 May 2022 03:24 Fillable DEF. We have the tank and blue cap. We appear to have the indicator on the dash. Now we need the ability to separately fill def (and keep track of it) as we drive.
Totally agree! Also major truck stops have DEF pump even! In-game we would need to stop at the DEF pump after the diesel or(vice versa) depending where the DEF pump is located...
Optional Features

#17 Post by Optional Features » 16 May 2022 15:53

gt379 wrote: 16 May 2022 13:28
seriousmods wrote: 16 May 2022 03:24 Fillable DEF. We have the tank and blue cap. We appear to have the indicator on the dash. Now we need the ability to separately fill def (and keep track of it) as we drive.
Totally agree! Also major truck stops have DEF pump even! In-game we would need to stop at the DEF pump after the diesel or(vice versa) depending where the DEF pump is located...
Yeah, it's a tiny thing, but adds something to the realism.
TruckinDiesel

#18 Post by TruckinDiesel » 17 May 2022 18:06

seriousmods wrote: 16 May 2022 06:49 Yeah, I'd like to be able to move gauges around on the W9 and 389 as well. The fuel gauge on the W9 is behind the wheel if memory serves.
harishw8r wrote: 16 May 2022 06:12 This is exactly what I want to see in the Cascadia. Would have put some of them in the main wishlist thread, thought of listing them here as well:

1. Shorter BBC chassis.
The engine options are just code, so I don't see why that would be hard to implement. Same with transmissions and gear ratios. The options should be as we desire.
Agreed. I also want to see different gear selectors and indications (and clutch pedal for manuals) to reflect the transmission option installed. On the International 9900i, it's especially a problem not seeing a gear stick and clutch, since it looks strange to be driving a truck that doesn't have any of these in the interior model.

Another thing that needs to be implemented is a CB radio node and different models of CB radios. Now that we have Convoy mode, the default vanilla trucks need the nodes in order to be able to install a CB radio in the cab, since it feels weird having the CB function and no CB radio accessory to go with it.
Optional Features

#19 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 19:28

@TruckinDiesel Yeah, it was really weird they continued the no transmission trend with the 9900. But hopefully that is changed in the future.

As for CBs, not sure why that has taken so long. It's a simple model that adds a ton of realism in many modern trucks.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”