What is your favorite truck stop to rest at in ATS?

J. Ritter

Re: What is your favorite truck stop to rest at in ATS?

#11 Post by J. Ritter » 23 May 2022 01:50

7 Feathers in Oregon is pretty great.
oldmanclippy

#12 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 May 2022 17:15

IDK if it's my favorite, but the one that jumps to mind is the Flying J at I-15 and US-30 in McCammon, Idaho. Idaho was a pretty big step up in terms of visuals and pulling up to that truck stop with the sweeping vista of the mountains and hills was quite a memorable moment. Idaho was also the first DLC that released after I started to focus on ATS equally to ETS2. Previously I only dabbled in the ATS base game but preferred ETS2 with its DLCs. I got New Mexico about a month before covid hit and fell in love and proceeded to buy everything up through Utah. So while New Mexico is the DLC I will always remember with the most nostalgia I think, Idaho was cool because it was the first one I got to experience concurrently with the rest of the ATS community.

In terms of which in-game truck stops I've stopped at IRL, I think it's just the Flying J on Wyoming Blvd just south of I-25 in Casper. But the Sinclair on WY-59 in Wright just north of the intersection with WY-450 might be the most memorable in-game *gas station* I've ever been to IRL. It was an incredibly windy day with no trees for hundreds of miles in all directions, and I've never had a harder time opening my car door :lol:

There's a Love's in Billings I stopped at but I'm guessing it won't feature since it wasn't in the truck stop blog, when another Billings truck stop was.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
hangman005

#13 Post by hangman005 » 26 May 2022 11:12

I think if you could actually rest on the road in and out like the other trucks... then I think it's the one in Pueblo, CO, nothing to fancy but if it were utilized right it could be great.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
RBos1975

#14 Post by RBos1975 » 26 May 2022 19:20

On the border of Utah, near Colorado.
It's 'Uncle Joe stop and go'.
Stopped there already many times, in my opinion it's classic: It was once in the loading screen in ATS.
Addiction King
VTXcnME

#15 Post by VTXcnME » 01 Jun 2022 00:29

My favorite spots are the ones right off the interstate or main drag. I'm usually hauling a lowboy with an added dolly (whatever is called) on the front of the trailer- so anything that doesn't require lots of tight navigation. 🤣
cristianrpbeijo

#16 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 01 Jun 2022 04:06

I barely discovery the DLC maps, but in mew mexico there are very nice rest stops 👍👍👏

Return to “General discussion about the game”