Turn on the front fog lights

ASDF

Turn on the front fog lights

#1 Post by ASDF » 16 May 2022 18:48

https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/03/under- ... ystem.html
Starting from 1.40, the rain and fog generated by the new lighting system on rainy days already need to add the function of turning on the front fog lights for us. After all, in real life under extreme weather conditions, the front and rear fog lights must be turned on. I hope that in the future The update can add 2 buttons for us to turn on the front fog lights and the rear fog lights.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
alex03iun

Re: Turn on the front fog lights

#2 Post by alex03iun » 18 May 2022 20:41

I'm pro for this idea.
Bodenseefarmer

#3 Post by Bodenseefarmer » 25 May 2022 13:21

Yes, this should be a good feature. Especially if you can't configure if foglights should work with parking light, low or high beam.
Let's hope for that.

Bye
ASDF

#4 Post by ASDF » 27 May 2022 18:36

It would be great if the front auxiliary lights and the roof auxiliary lights also have independent switch buttons. In real life, these two auxiliary lights can be turned on and off independently. I can turn on the front auxiliary lights separately on non-paved roads, or I can turn on the auxiliary lights on the roof separately on the highway. I can also turn on the auxiliary lights on the front and the auxiliary lights on the roof at the same time on the winding mountain road, so that I can turn on and off the lights that need to be turned on and off without pressing F4 light management. Tick and remove the tick, so that we can turn on the front auxiliary lights and roof auxiliary lights independently like turning on the low beam and high beam
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Reis_6

#5 Post by Reis_6 » 28 May 2022 00:26

alex03iun wrote: 18 May 2022 20:41 I'm pro for this idea.
I'm too, SCS need to look at theses details.
Polarlicht

#6 Post by Polarlicht » 28 May 2022 15:55

ASDF wrote: 27 May 2022 18:36 It would be great if the front auxiliary lights and the roof auxiliary lights also have independent switch buttons. In real life, these two auxiliary lights can be turned on and off independently. I can turn on the front auxiliary lights separately on non-paved roads, or I can turn on the auxiliary lights on the roof separately on the highway. I can also turn on the auxiliary lights on the front and the auxiliary lights on the roof at the same time on the winding mountain road, so that I can turn on and off the lights that need to be turned on and off without pressing F4 light management. Tick and remove the tick, so that we can turn on the front auxiliary lights and roof auxiliary lights independently like turning on the low beam and high beam
You know what i just don't understand with these front and roof lights? Why the heck do we need to activate them every time we switch truck? Why can't they be always active?
Like why would someone put them on the truck and leave them switched off?? :roll: Sure there is one person who does this...
Having them activated on default would be better then off!
ASDF

#7 Post by ASDF » 28 May 2022 18:28

@Polarlicht Yes, I wish scs could add separate switch buttons/keys for front and rear fog lights, front auxiliary lights, roof auxiliary lights, just like real world trucks
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 28 May 2022 19:28

Or just add the ability for players/modders to create their own assignments: this is the same problem I keep mentioning.

SCS has made the game so locked down that we have to wait for them for everything, and it takes years for them to deliver if they are working on it at all.
ASDF

#9 Post by ASDF » 02 Sep 2022 17:50

My wish is that the front and rear fog lights, front auxiliary lights and roof auxiliary lights can have independent switch buttons like the low beam and high beam lights.
peno

#10 Post by peno » 03 Sep 2022 10:29

I do understand why you want this, but we already have too many functions to keybind and too little keys for that. And that is especially problem for those who only play with keyboard and mouse. Regular keyboard only have 104 keys, from which only a certain amount can be keybind. And it's not much better for those who use controller, because XBox controller, the most used controller on PC, has 11 keys. Not everyone is playing on wheels with tens of keys. Majority doesn't have that comfort.

With that said: fog lights, yes. That's needed function. But the rest of your suggestions? I don't think so. That would be too many functions to bind for something that regular players would rarely used.

But I agree with one thing. The auxiliary lights should be turned on automatically by default and it's totally stupid they aren't.
Last edited by peno on 03 Sep 2022 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”