SOLVED: The game can't see certain Steam mods

Grizzly

Re: The game can't see certain Steam mods

#31 Post by Grizzly » 23 May 2022 04:41

No change here, I can get them to work by doing unsubscribe/resubscribe in the workshop while the game is running but once I quit and restart they're gone again.
Quiksilver

#32 Post by Quiksilver » 23 May 2022 07:23

Complaints have been lodged and responses have been received from Steam:

"Steam Support does not provide specific assistance for issues encountered while using custom Steam Workshop content".

As the problems with the mods started after a Steam Client Update it appears that Steam have no intention of rolling it back. The mods effected must be considered broken and it is up to the mod creators to implement a fix.
SiSL
SCS Software

#33 Post by SiSL » 23 May 2022 07:51

Steam will say this for anything related to Workshop content. It is a generic answer.

Our friends are investigating the problem.
Izmaragon

#34 Post by Izmaragon » 23 May 2022 21:55

Yeah, I'm glad they're looking at the problem. Now if they would just release a steam update to FIX it, that would be wonderful...

Sorry, bit annoyed at the moment because the workshop stuff keeps "missing" the mods I just redownloaded before I restarted the game in offline, as thats how I usually play...

I really hope they fix this issue soon, its causing a large wave of irritation on the Steam community...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
Claudioloko74

#35 Post by Claudioloko74 » 23 May 2022 22:01

It really is something very annoying, I hope it will be resolved soon, I didn't even enter the ATS anymore, disheartening !!!!
Rusty_Smith

#36 Post by Rusty_Smith » 24 May 2022 11:33

Hey SISLs , do you know of any temp fix besides converting steam workshop mods to a normal mod posted into the mod folder ? For me thats roughly 6gb plus some of doubling up content.... Is it getting to a stage that a SCS modhub would be far more productive and centralized within the SCS Software Pages seeings this is where we the community discuss the issues and content we would possibably would like to see as it evolves ? With some of the greatest Modders and creators already part of this group only cos I recognise the names from their work and that is not part of the SCS staff but modders from the beginnings of these franchises on forum, blog and other sites should we be looking at the future of this ? Most mods are already posted and discussed here on forum and followed by the community.... just a few thoughts from a past LEGACY player , and someone who is tired of a platform that and wont take responsibility for the bad and corrupt updates, shame the games cant be updated without the version with the ' s ' added to the end, yep I know thats an old legacy thing but..... eg 1.xx.x.xs meaning steam update... The hardest thing to swallow the amount of investment we all put into these titles to be held ransome by a platform that wont look at the mant posts that consist of failures, and these are worldwide and through many different gaming genres, found that out after a little digging....this maybe a onesided view but this isn't the first time this has happened as you and others in the modding community know.....cheers SISLs
P.s I hope the community understands just this small frustration is alot bigger than the ones who take our money and remain without an apology for the inconviennce.... Rusty
Kultag

#37 Post by Kultag » 24 May 2022 13:05

A workaround is to open the Mod Manager, then open the Workshop, then unsubscribing and resubscribing to each affected mod, and then finally activating them. This will do the trick for the current game session. Next time you fire up the game, you will have to do it again.
Adrian Zgripcea

#38 Post by Adrian Zgripcea » 24 May 2022 13:15

"Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are not currently able to reproduce any issues with Workshop subscriptions becoming inaccessible in game"

Did anyone else also get this reply from Steam support?
Kultag

#39 Post by Kultag » 24 May 2022 13:53

We might have to move these mods to the user folder, and update them manually. Great.
DC62CA

#40 Post by DC62CA » 24 May 2022 14:35

I opened a ticket on Saturday with Steam and the reply stated that they don't support custom mods. I explained in detail the process to get the affected mods to work and pointed out that only mods subscribed via the Workshop area affected as those from outside sources (Modhub for example) remain subscribed and active. This is not definitive that it is a Workshop issue but given that last Tuesday evening at approx. 6:10 PM EST I started ETS2 and no issues. 45 minutes later I opened ATS and several mods were affected. I then went back to ETS2 and I then had four affected. Other users report that sims/games that use the Steam Workshop are also affected, therefore not just ATS and ETS2.

Return to “Technical Problems”