Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

Optional Features

Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#1 Post by Optional Features » 22 May 2022 02:41

I notice these all over the map, so I'm deciding to start a thread of them. What would you put here (feel free to post your own, maybe this will become a new forum game)?

Company type: metal fabricator or small manufacturer.
Cargo in: different types of steel
Cargo out: wooden crates of completed goods

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

Re: Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 22 May 2022 07:08

Nice catch for the day we have rigids, small vans or multiple drop point in the game
Currently? You are way off imo

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
VTXcnME

#3 Post by VTXcnME » 03 Jun 2022 00:36

Easy one in Grand Junction, just off US-50 heading out of town.

Already has a truck dock, just needs access from US-50 and a gate you can get into.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jun 2022 00:44

@VTXcnME I can't see the pic fyi, but thank you for sharing. I need to spend some more time finding them and posting.

Here's one I found in Cali just before the new Carquinez bridge. It has a functional freeway exit and all, but you're blocked from going down there.

[ external image ]

There could probably be four companies here if not more or a truck yard for storing player-owned equipment.
VTXcnME

#5 Post by VTXcnME » 04 Jun 2022 02:08

I frigged up the link. In my game it's called "Supreme Hardware Store" and it's one of the last intersections of of town. I'll see if I can fix the link.
KrysEmlyn

#7 Post by KrysEmlyn » 04 Jun 2022 03:09

Keep in mind, if SCS (or others via map mods) were to enable all of these various scenery companies/lots, the Freight and Cargo Markets would become skewed because it would be sending more cargo to these areas.
This is why SCS doesn't cram a bunch of active companies into an area. The Poland Rebuilding crew crammed 100 companies into a 3-city area of Poland, which makes that area a magnet for cargo shipments and makes for an unbalanced game.
It would be no fun to go to pick a Freight Market job from Seattle and see that all of the destinations for available cargoes are for Los Angles, for example.
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jun 2022 03:19

KrysEmlyn wrote: 04 Jun 2022 03:09 Keep in mind, if SCS (or others via map mods) were to enable all of these various scenery companies/lots, the Freight and Cargo Markets would become skewed because it would be sending more cargo to these areas.
This is why SCS doesn't cram a bunch of active companies into an area. The Poland Rebuilding crew crammed 100 companies into a 3-city area of Poland, which makes that area a magnet for cargo shipments and makes for an unbalanced game.
It would be no fun to go to pick a Freight Market job from Seattle and see that all of the destinations for available cargoes are for Los Angles, for example.
So that means they should all be decorative? Or rather the game cargo system should be split into short haul/LTL, linehaul, and long haul jobs?

The same trucking company that handled a container run from Tacoma to Seattle wouldn't likely handle an LTL freight pickup or a long haul full trailer flatbed job.

Containers are rarely hauled long distances by road (makes no sense if they are also transported by train), and they don't disappear at the drop. Just fixing that could do so much for the game.

Another one: a friend suggested these stadiums/convention centers could be used for a WOT special event.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Travismods

#9 Post by Travismods » 04 Jun 2022 07:35

One pretty big missed opportunity is still the complete lack of downtown deliveries. We have a lot of detailed downtowns in several big cities. The whole the game could be so much more fun and diverse if SCS just placed a few triggers in some of the cities to deliver to. Doesn’t even have to be companies with prefabs, just random streets in downtown areas. Many modeled streets are blocked off for no reason, but even some street that are open could have triggers. Trucks do go there at times IRL. Beats me why SCS are not making use of the cities they created on the map, the game would be so much more diverse than just delivering to the same old prefabs.
Optional Features

#10 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jun 2022 08:03

koolizz wrote: 04 Jun 2022 07:35 One pretty big missed opportunity is still the complete lack of downtown deliveries. We have a lot of detailed downtowns in several big cities. The whole the game could be so much more fun and diverse if SCS just placed a few triggers in some of the cities to deliver to. Doesn’t even have to be companies with prefabs, just random streets in downtown areas. Many modeled streets are blocked off for no reason, but even some street that are open could have triggers. Trucks do go there at times IRL. Beats me why SCS are not making use of the cities they created on the map, the game would be so much more diverse than just delivering to the same old prefabs.
Agreed: I have made a whole thread dedicated to it, and recently included an example from real life. A large trucking company in Canada posted a pic of one of their drivers picking up from a downtown convention center.

The pic of the building above is a similar convention center in Portland that also hosts tradeshows. It has docks in the back already modeled and roads going around it. Should be a place where we can take various kinds of cargo from food to machinery (for shows).

Return to “General discussion about the game”