Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

flight50

Re: Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#91 Post by flight50 » 22 Aug 2022 17:24

Used packaging got the new MWM so there could be relief coming for pallets in the future. Pallets on flatbeds and drop decks could be one of the coolest new cargoes we see. So far, the new deck mounted cargoes for Montana are thinking outside the box and are well received. Hopefully there are more to come. Considering pallets are already modeled.....along with what seems to be a facility for it, all we need is activation for it and incorporate it into the economy. We don't need a ton of them. Probably a solid dozen for the entire US would work. Putting them in regions not to far from sawmills works nicely. But they don't have to be super close to sawmills. Maybe 300-500 miles max from them works.
Optional Features

#92 Post by Optional Features » 22 Aug 2022 17:43

flight50 wrote: 22 Aug 2022 17:24 Used packaging got the new MWM so there could be relief coming for pallets in the future. Pallets on flatbeds and drop decks could be one of the coolest new cargoes we see. So far, the new deck mounted cargoes for Montana are thinking outside the box and are well received. Hopefully there are more to come. Considering pallets are already modeled.....along with what seems to be a facility for it, all we need is activation for it and incorporate it into the economy. We don't need a ton of them. Probably a solid dozen for the entire US would work. Putting them in regions not to far from sawmills works nicely. But they don't have to be super close to sawmills. Maybe 300-500 miles max from them works.
Yeah, one per state would be ideal. Maybe one per major city as they seem to be a more urbanized industry.

I agree on Montana: wish we had gotten more, but what we got was decent. It just needs to be added to the rest of the map.
Optional Features

#93 Post by Optional Features » 18 Sep 2022 07:52

I was watching a trucking YouTube video, and decided to find the real area on the map. Found a road in the general location and discovered one of the largest groupings of decorative businesses and industries I have found so far. Some of these aren't on the same route, but many of them are.

As we round the bend towards Texas, I'm sure there will be a ton of potential buyable truck yards and houses plus unused, potentially deliverable farms, ranches, and businesses to come. In my current opinion, we don't need more industry: we just need to put what we have to work. Even if 10% of these businesses were turned into functional drops, it would greatly reduce the current repetitive nature of SCS trucking. Instead of backing into the same prefab dock in 11 states, we could have an array of docks, each unique to its place, each challenging in its own way, each a new experience. For now, we can only dream.

Potential truck yard
[ external image ]

Potential equipment dealer
[ external image ]

Potential farm
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential drop for transformers and other utility gear
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential powersports dealer (atvs, utvs, rock crawlers)
[ external image ]

Potential equipment dealer (ag and small machines)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential truck yard or equipment dealer
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential truck yard
[ external image ]

Blocked off ranches and farms
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative airport (perfect spot to deliver jet fuel)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential truck yard
[ external image ]

Potential place to drop off steel or other raw materials for manufacturing
[ external image ]

Potential buyable shop
[ external image ]

Decorative hotel
[ external image ]

Cool decorative gas station: wish it was functional
[ external image ]

Potential ag equipment dropoff
[ external image ]

Potential truck yard
[ external image ]

More blocked off ranches
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative coal facility
[ external image ]

Decorative coal mega facility
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential truck yard/equipment drop
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential truck yard
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Part of a decorative coal operation
[ external image ]

Potential buyable house
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential farm equipment drop
[ external image ]

Decorative open pit coal mine
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Could be a truck yard
[ external image ]

Decorative farms (generally better entrance roads than anything we deliver to)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative neighborhood (could be buyable homes or places to deliver household goods in a moving van)
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative business
[ external image ]

Decorative gas station
[ external image ]

Decorative hotel
[ external image ]

Decorative gas station
[ external image ]

Decorative warehouse/store building (same as above, used in multiple places on the map with no function)
[ external image ]

Decorative bank (could be an atm trigger for borrowing money)
[ external image ]

Decorative hotel
[ external image ]

Decorative gas station
[ external image ]

Decorative auto dealership
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Continuation of decorative hotel chain
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative metalwork company next to repetitive Charged prefab
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative scrapyard
[ external image ]

Two buildings that have never been used in a functional setting in the map despite their prevalence
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Decorative farm
[ external image ]

Could be a truck yard or equipment drop
[ external image ]

Potential drop for utility cargo
[ external image ]

Could be a buyable house
[ external image ]
Laqueesha

#94 Post by Laqueesha » 21 Sep 2022 17:08

koolizz wrote: 04 Jun 2022 07:35 One pretty big missed opportunity is still the complete lack of downtown deliveries. We have a lot of detailed downtowns in several big cities. The whole the game could be so much more fun and diverse if SCS just placed a few triggers in some of the cities to deliver to. Doesn’t even have to be companies with prefabs, just random streets in downtown areas. Many modeled streets are blocked off for no reason, but even some street that are open could have triggers. Trucks do go there at times IRL. Beats me why SCS are not making use of the cities they created on the map, the game would be so much more diverse than just delivering to the same old prefabs.
The giant sports arenas and stadiums in places like Denver and Portland could be turned into dropoffs, for like major sporting events and stuff. Baseball stadiums like Safeco Field in Washington (in the game) need food and stuff for concessions during games and the like.
Last edited by Laqueesha on 21 Sep 2022 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Optional Features

#95 Post by Optional Features » 21 Sep 2022 17:50

Laqueesha wrote: 21 Sep 2022 17:08 The giant sports arenas and stadiums in places like Denver and Portland could be turned into dropoffs, for like major sporting events and stuff.
Yes, convention centers, too. These would be fun places to haul to, not just a supermarket.
automaton

#96 Post by automaton » 25 Sep 2022 20:12

Laqueesha wrote: 21 Sep 2022 17:08 The giant sports arenas and stadiums in places like Denver and Portland could be turned into dropoffs, for like major sporting events and stuff. Baseball stadiums like Safeco Field in Washington (in the game) need food and stuff for concessions during games and the like.
Yes! I could see this being useful for World of Trucks events as well.
Optional Features

#97 Post by Optional Features » 03 Nov 2022 08:43

In a game with only two large distribution centers (Denver airport and another in Colorado), it's astonishing to me just how many decorative distribution centers there are, most of which seem more impressive than the constantly reused SellGoods and Walbert warehouse that cover the map. I recognize that every building on the map cannot be deliverable, but I'm almost certain that more can than what we have, which is very few. A couple other randoms in here from Utah.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I think this one is Utah as well, but I forget. Decorative sawmill.

[ external image ]

I also decided to get a head start on Texas since I know there will be ample examples of unused businesses in this next state. Decorative grain elevators galore, all nice models.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Texshi

#98 Post by Texshi » 04 Nov 2022 13:08

I find it a miss opportunity you can't drive into regular fuel stations... they should ALL be opened up for potential pull in and drop fuel, they gotta get it some how
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Double M

#99 Post by Double M » 04 Nov 2022 15:49

I saw yesterday's stream from Texas and I really liked the residential neighborhood. In fact it is one of the parts that I like to see the most on the ATS maps. I love to see, the suburbs with their front yard and their typical houses with their front porch. But I think that in addition to being decorative, these could be functional.

Some of these houses could be used for moving. I explain myself. They can be used to generate jobs, in which you transport furniture from one house to another house. Since the owners or tenants decide to move from one house to another. For example, from a house located in a city in Oregon to one in Montana. I think this idea could also be used for the picturesque towns that appear in the game. I don't know if I explained myself well and the idea was understood.

Another cool idea would be to deliver packages to houses in these suburbs that appear in the game. But we would have to wait for SCS to implement the parcel industry. Although using large trucks, like the ones in the game, is not the most realistic option and it is not suitable either. However, a small delivery van or truck, created by a modder, could be used for this idea. Or wait if some day in the future, SCS decides to introduce rigid trucks or vans in the game.
Optional Features

#100 Post by Optional Features » 04 Nov 2022 16:08

Texshi wrote: 04 Nov 2022 13:08 I find it a miss opportunity you can't drive into regular fuel stations... they should ALL be opened up for potential pull in and drop fuel, they gotta get it some how
Agreed. And lately SCS has been blocking off some gas stations so we can't even park.
Double M wrote: 04 Nov 2022 15:49 I saw yesterday's stream from Texas and I really liked the residential neighborhood. In fact it is one of the parts that I like to see the most on the ATS maps. I love to see, the suburbs with their front yard and their typical houses with their front porch. But I think that in addition to being decorative, these could be functional.

Some of these houses could be used for moving. I explain myself. They can be used to generate jobs, in which you transport furniture from one house to another house. Since the owners or tenants decide to move from one house to another. For example, from a house located in a city in Oregon to one in Montana. I think this idea could also be used for the picturesque towns that appear in the game. I don't know if I explained myself well and the idea was understood.

Another cool idea would be to deliver packages to houses in these suburbs that appear in the game. But we would have to wait for SCS to implement the parcel industry. Although using large trucks, like the ones in the game, is not the most realistic option and it is not suitable either. However, a small delivery van or truck, created by a modder, could be used for this idea. Or wait if some day in the future, SCS decides to introduce rigid trucks or vans in the game.
That makes perfect sense to me. Houses could also be buyable as a starter garage since some people do park a semi tractor in the driveway.

There's a use for a lot of things in the map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”