Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

Double M

Re: Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#101 Post by Double M » 04 Nov 2022 17:19

Totally agree. Because when making a convoy it is great to have several gas stations to refuel and park at the same time. I see it very useful.

Another cool idea you mentioned, being able to use your house as a garage. I had not thought of it. Another very interesting game mode in which it's you and your truck, and nothing more. You work transporting loads with your own truck and you do not have employees on your own. So you don't need to have garages. You leave your house to do a job and when you finish it you come back to your house again. It would be great to be able to use a house as a starting point and garage in the game.
Optional Features

#102 Post by Optional Features » 04 Nov 2022 17:56

Double M wrote: 04 Nov 2022 17:19 Another cool idea you mentioned, being able to use your house as a garage. I had not thought of it. Another very interesting game mode in which it's you and your truck, and nothing more. You work transporting loads with your own truck and you do not have employees on your own. So you don't need to have garages. You leave your house to do a job and when you finish it you come back to your house again. It would be great to be able to use a house as a starting point and garage in the game.
The idea of purchasing commercial property to store a single truck is preposterous. And the idea that a yard with five bays can only hold five trucks is equally confusing.

The whole garage system needs to be reworked starting with ownable homes. There are neighborhoods all over the map that would suit the purpose perfectly.
Optional Features

#103 Post by Optional Features » 19 Nov 2022 12:06

While the Texas DLC definitely looks nice, it's quite sad to see original California DLC prefabs beginning to populate new states. This "farm" has been rebranded as a new company, but the model itself is identical to ones found in parts of Cali that date back to the original release. This same farm was also found in Montana. With the number of decorative farms on the map, I'm confused as to why SCS is continuing to use this thing.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Original California (note that even the small shed has the same tractor, truck, tractor lineup parked in an identical configuration).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If anything should be borrowed from original Cali (idea only), it would be hotels that served as a resting place and gas stations that served as a delivery point.

These repetitive, functional hotels have been replaced with a growing number of higher quality, non functional ones that now dot every new state. Texas is no exception.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

This one even has truck parking, but it and the hotel itself are just a decoration.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Gas stations have followed a similar pattern. The old, sometimes ugly, but always functional has been replaced with the new, beautiful, but frequently decorative.

A station like this serves no purpose in the game, despite ownable fuel tankers being recently added. These places take no snacks or fuel and have no triggers for players to fuel themselves.

[ external image ]

And then let's talk about player garages. I don't know about you, but I have purchased enough of these three bay garages. They are unrealistic models that clash with the quality of recent SCS maps, and yet they are the only option for players looking to start a company (or expand). There are a growing number of decorative truck yards around the map that would much better serve the purpose, but none are buyable.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

And then circling back to places to deliver, pretty much anything decorative is unique and cooler than what we can deliver to.

This Steeler prefab, specifically, is used in countless states. The same door is open on every one, and the only difference I know of at this point is whether a handful of AI are present repeating the same animations over and over.

[ external image ]

These on the other hand are not repeated anywhere to my knowledge, and if they are, it's with much less frequency.

We have potential deliveries and pickups for used cars:
[ external image ]

Agricultural dump trailers:
[ external image ]

Farm supplies/packaged goods:
[ external image ]

Small construction equipment and parts:
[ external image ]

Fabricated metal products, and the list goes on:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

There's even a company that makes pallets.
[ external image ]

And a large warehouse complex that clearly takes them:
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#105 Post by Optional Features » 04 Dec 2022 06:19

Decided to haul some cargo to one of Austin's two large construction sites.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If you've seen Austin, it's perhaps the greatest example yet of a place where much of the effort went into the parts of the map we can't use.

On the playable map, Austin's downtown is a line.
[ external image ]

But that's because much of the roads leading between these two construction sites are blocked off by default, and the roads leading to the sites are not on the map either. There isn't a ton of detail within the city itself, but these two sites could be turned into deliverable companies with only minor changes. And for the first example above, getting in (and out) is a proper challenge.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

In other news, another Poweco location.
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#106 Post by Optional Features » 10 Dec 2022 08:36

I have found the biggest missed opportunity yet, the Cat excavator plant in Victoria, Texas. This is the source of most of the large excavators sold by Caterpillar to North America. Forest machines are also produced there.

Here's the plant, which clearly gets an occasional truck delivery based on the number of warehouse bays.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

And this is KEEN Transport's facility across the road, where approximately 10,000 machines have hit the road to new homes.

[ external image ]

One of the latest ones to leave via a heavy hauler's group:

[ external image ]

And a video of a former trucker picking up a load there (with many other truckers doing the same):

As in many other parts of the map, SCS got the buildings generally right (some parts look off), but they serve no purpose. And no stock HMS prefab either. Just nothing at all.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Incredible.
Optional Features

#107 Post by Optional Features » 12 Dec 2022 06:23

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

My favorite decorative warehouse is used thrice in Victoria, Texas alone.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Household moves, anyone?
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

A restaurant on every corner, and not a bite to eat.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

More household moving potential:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Part of the growing chain of undeliverable Poweco locations
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Ag dealer?
[ external image ]

Hobby Lobby knockoff?
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Just think: the Midwest will have more decorative elevators than we can even count
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Concrete plant?
[ external image ]

No deliverable car dealer looks this good
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

So many rooms, but not a sleep trigger in sight
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#108 Post by Optional Features » 02 Jul 2023 05:13

More stuff I found in Texas:

Some mid-size warehouses and businesses:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Deco truckstop:
[ external image ]

Couple auto dealers:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Potential school bus dropoff?
[ external image ]

Deco big box store
[ external image ]

Deco hotels
[ external image ]

Another deco big box store:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Hoping we'll eventually get a grain farm in game. Here are a couple that look pretty decent as is.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

A couple other farms or ag related businesses.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
velles

#109 Post by velles » 03 Jul 2023 13:32

Optional Features wrote: 04 Nov 2022 16:08
Texshi wrote: 04 Nov 2022 13:08 I find it a miss opportunity you can't drive into regular fuel stations... they should ALL be opened up for potential pull in and drop fuel, they gotta get it some how
Agreed. And lately SCS has been blocking off some gas stations so we can't even park.
It might make some sense in the US since I've heard that not fuel every station sells diesel (I don't know how common issue it is in reality, I'm not American). But in Europe diesel cars are so popular that every station offers that fuel.
Yet there are unusable fuel stations in ETS2 as well - for example the station in Salzburg city center or in Vienna near Schönbrunn Palace. Another one is on a minor road between Leogang and Innsbruck. No idea why SCS made them unusable.
Optional Features

#110 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2023 16:18

velles wrote: 03 Jul 2023 13:32 It might make some sense in the US since I've heard that not fuel every station sells diesel (I don't know how common issue it is in reality, I'm not American). But in Europe diesel cars are so popular that every station offers that fuel.
Yet there are unusable fuel stations in ETS2 as well - for example the station in Salzburg city center or in Vienna near Schönbrunn Palace. Another one is on a minor road between Leogang and Innsbruck. No idea why SCS made them unusable.
Yes, all stations don't sell diesel, but all stations get gas and food deliveries, mostly by semi truck. SCS just walls them off.

Return to “General discussion about the game”