Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

KrysEmlyn

Re: Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#21 Post by KrysEmlyn » 05 Jun 2022 01:27

plykkegaard wrote: 04 Jun 2022 15:49 I remember when Poland Rebuild added a ton of delivery points to Gdansk and surrounding areas
A lot of nice places but it ruined the gameplay
That is exactly the issue I was referring to.
So while it would be nice to have all of the various places in a city made functional for deliveries, we don't want the gameplay to be ruined by this.
Optional Features

#22 Post by Optional Features » 05 Jun 2022 01:38

KrysEmlyn wrote: 05 Jun 2022 01:27 That is exactly the issue I was referring to.
So while it would be nice to have all of the various places in a city made functional for deliveries, we don't want the gameplay to be ruined by this.
No one is expecting all of these places to be made functional, but it would be nice if some of them were.

Again, if having more places to deliver in a game about deliveries ruins the game, something is really wrong.
VTXcnME

#23 Post by VTXcnME » 07 Jun 2022 12:23

This place just outside of Oakland CA

[ external image ]
Grizzly

#24 Post by Grizzly » 07 Jun 2022 23:08

seriousmods wrote: 04 Jun 2022 10:02 I never have seen anything like this community.
Could you please stop slandering everyone like this? If you disagree with something someone says then say so but blaming everyone every time someone disagrees with you makes it impossible to support you since we're all the enemy apparently.
Optional Features

#25 Post by Optional Features » 08 Jun 2022 01:39

Grizzly wrote: 07 Jun 2022 23:08
seriousmods wrote: 04 Jun 2022 10:02 I never have seen anything like this community.
Could you please stop slandering everyone like this? If you disagree with something someone says then say so but blaming everyone every time someone disagrees with you makes it impossible to support you since we're all the enemy apparently.
I'm not slandering anyone: I've never seen a community that seems determined to shut down debate about how we could have more features or places to drive. It's not like any of these conversations will lead to anything: heck, most of the bugs don't get fixed (tall cattle pot as a good example).

But it would be nice to have the discussion in the first place.

No one is necessarily the enemy, but some of them definitely belong on the foe list.
harishw8r

#26 Post by harishw8r » 08 Jun 2022 02:31

seriousmods wrote: 08 Jun 2022 01:39
I've never seen a community that seems determined to shut down debate about how we could have more features or places to drive. It's not like any of these conversations will lead to anything: heck, most of the bugs don't get fixed (tall cattle pot as a good example).
Appreciate the spirit, but also please understand why most of the community aren’t exactly nitpicky. Most of the members in the vocal part of the community are working adults who don’t often get time to play the game regularly and are fine with the game being the way it is. For such users the rate at which SCS adds features would mostly suffice as it doesn’t bring a lot of complications (major selling point towards children) or drastically change the way one should play the game. Moreover such users also give their feedback whenever possible. And shutting off conversations? Nobody wants to engage in a conversation that’s not gonna end anywhere.

If I were you, I would put it in the wishlist/suggestion thread, forget it, and enjoy when it comes, however long that may be. I like the way the game is and I always welcome any new feature. But the lack of the feature doesn’t change the way I enjoy the game. I’m sure many will relate to this.

Also, cattle trailer is not a bug. It’s a model with wrong dimensions. They would probably remodel it when they rework on old trucks and trailers, I’m confident that they would prioritize modeling missing trailer types instead.
Optional Features

#27 Post by Optional Features » 08 Jun 2022 05:26

I also am a working adult that has a number of responsibilities including very recently driving a dump truck.

When I play the game, I want it to somewhat reflect the world I see and have a slight connection to. It currently does not. It should. It can. There are other games that do without directly competing. But this one doesn't.

My goal is to suggest some ways it can.

And yes, I do use the wishlist, but some of the stuff I am wishing for shouldn't need to be asked. I shouldn't have to ask for tires that don't have an unlimited life. I shouldn't have to ask for more places to deliver (as is this thread). I shouldn't have to ask for downhill momentum or the ability to take apart a trailer set. I shouldn't have to ask to slide my trailer axles when loaded or assign my own keybinds to an animation someone created. Those should be expectations.

Whether we like it or not, SCS chose to call this game a simulator. So until that changes, let's pressure them to actually make it one.
Texshi

#28 Post by Texshi » 08 Jun 2022 06:45

I'd say not having a route connect from I-70 into Colorado Springs is a huge missed opportunity.

Hopefully when Kansas is added they fix it I see there isn't much reason for the route right now with Lamar having a direct connection to Pueblo & Burlington isn't big enough to matter for Colorado Springs, when it can cut through Denver. But Kansas will be a whole state of material that has no need to go all the way to Denver when it could cut off 70 and directly connect C Spring like in RL
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Optional Features

#29 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jun 2022 06:00

Texshi wrote: 08 Jun 2022 06:45 I'd say not having a route connect from I-70 into Colorado Springs is a huge missed opportunity.

Hopefully when Kansas is added they fix it I see there isn't much reason for the route right now with Lamar having a direct connection to Pueblo & Burlington isn't big enough to matter for Colorado Springs, when it can cut through Denver. But Kansas will be a whole state of material that has no need to go all the way to Denver when it could cut off 70 and directly connect C Spring like in RL
Interesting: I'm not familiar with Colorado at all, but I really was annoyed by the lack of ranches in the state. I had high hopes that Colorado would have some nice offroad routes where players could take a cattle trailer and deliver, but we got more of the same. I'm concerned that the Midwest will be the continuation of unrealistic dairy farms all bearing the name Sunshine or Bushnell.
Viper28

#30 Post by Viper28 » 13 Jun 2022 03:01

harishw8r wrote: 08 Jun 2022 02:31
seriousmods wrote: 08 Jun 2022 01:39
I've never seen a community that seems determined to shut down debate about how we could have more features or places to drive. It's not like any of these conversations will lead to anything: heck, most of the bugs don't get fixed (tall cattle pot as a good example).
Appreciate the spirit, but also please understand why most of the community aren’t exactly nitpicky. Most of the members in the vocal part of the community are working adults who don’t often get time to play the game regularly and are fine with the game being the way it is. For such users the rate at which SCS adds features would mostly suffice as it doesn’t bring a lot of complications (major selling point towards children) or drastically change the way one should play the game. Moreover such users also give their feedback whenever possible. And shutting off conversations? Nobody wants to engage in a conversation that’s not gonna end anywhere.

If I were you, I would put it in the wishlist/suggestion thread, forget it, and enjoy when it comes, however long that may be. I like the way the game is and I always welcome any new feature. But the lack of the feature doesn’t change the way I enjoy the game. I’m sure many will relate to this.

Also, cattle trailer is not a bug. It’s a model with wrong dimensions. They would probably remodel it when they rework on old trucks and trailers, I’m confident that they would prioritize modeling missing trailer types instead.
let's be honest when it comes to the cattle trailer though; it would've been nice if they'd got it correct in the first place...save them having to go back (if they care) and fix it...and from folks driving around something that looks rather "off."
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK

Return to “General discussion about the game”